Majewski back to the Nationals?!?!

Palmer4HOF

Heard on 700 that we might be trying to send Majewski back to the Nationals or have them pick up his salary and they will have to send us another player. Supposedly Majewski has been hurt all year, the Nationals continued to make him pitch and were giving him shots to keep his arm "healthy" (which doesnt keep it healthy at all... basically they just fucked his arm for a long time to come).

So Krivsky finds out the news, is pissed, and is trying to do something about it.... Could be veeeeeeeery interesting.

ESPN.com

Guys this is some fucked up shit... we might get Kearns or Lopez back for Majewski.... This is fucking crazy. Bowden could lose his job for this too. CRAAAAAAAAAZY

[quote]The most intriguing news involved Majewski, who was obtained along with left-hander Bill Bray and shortstop Royce Clayton as part of a package that included outfielder Austin Kearns and shortstop Felipe Lopez.

Bray has been solid and Clayton has helped the Reds stay in contention in the NL Central with his dependable fielding. Majewski has struggled since he arrived in Cincinnati, going 1-2 with a 12.54 ERA in 11 games.

Majewski pitched in the World Baseball Classic in March, replacing Mets closer Billy Wagner on the U.S. roster. He said Monday that he has taken anti-inflammatory drugs since early in the season and received a cortisone shot before the All-Star break.

"It's been bothering me for a while, after the World Baseball Classic," Majewski said Monday. "I tried to fire it up too quick."

General manager Wayne Krivsky said that Majewski didn't tell the team that his shoulder was bothering him all along.

"That's the first I've heard about it," Krivsky said.

Asked if the Nationals told him about the cortisone shot and the anti-inflammatory drugs Majewski was taking before the trade, Krivsky said, "I'm not going to comment on any of that stuff."

The Reds were waiting for the results of a medical test to determine the extent of Majewski's shoulder problems, which prompted them to make their fourth bullpen-centered trade in the last four weeks.[/quote]

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='311089' date='Aug 7 2006, 08:52 PM']give us soriano!!!!!

but seriously if kearns or lopez came back do you think they would be happy after they were just shipped off?[/quote]

hmmm Nationals or Reds?? I dont think they would care.

Especially Kearns... he would love it.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='311104' date='Aug 7 2006, 09:15 PM']I highly doubt anything will happen...Krivsky seems to think it just has to do with fatigue and nothing else[/quote]

who says that?

I'm on both sides of the fence here... On one hand, I applaude Bowden for not showing his hand and they could have made Majewski pass a physical or something. On the other hand, this was a very dirty move. They gave us damaged goods.

Theres a difference between say Joe Mays and Majewski. Sure, they both were struggling but Krivsky took them both thinking they were healthy enough to play and he could turn them around. I guarentee he wouldn't have touched Majewski knowing that the Nationals were fucking up his arm.

I am not sure the rules about this, but this could be very interesting

[quote]"I'm not going to talk about anything that was done before the trade [or] what was said, what wasn't said, what was exchanged," Krivsky said. "The bottom line is he has a tired shoulder."[/quote]

Just doesnt sound to me like he is interested in pursuing it...

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='311112' date='Aug 7 2006, 09:27 PM']Just doesnt sound to me like he is interested in pursuing it...[/quote]

hmm... interesting. Fuck that though.

c'mon krivsky... you just got hosed. Send that fucker back (though he could rebound next year and be great again) and stick it to bowden. He's damaged goods.

[quote]Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Kremchek sounds off
BY JOHN FAY | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

The bad feelings continued Tuesday among Reds officials over Monday’s disclosure that relief pitcher Gary Majewski, who has been sent to the disabled list, took a cortisone shot for tendinitis in his shoulder just days before being traded to Cincinnati from the Washington Nationals.

Reds officials are angry that they were not told of the cortisone shot, and the club may file a grievance over the trade.

The Reds’ medical director, Dr. Tim Kremchek, said on Tuesday that the team would have taken a closer look at Majewski’s health before completing the July 13 eight-player deal that sent Austin Kearns and Felipe Lopez to the Nationals.

The 26-year-old Majewski has struggled for the Reds. His ERA with the Reds is 12.54. He gave up 21 hits in 9 1/3 innings.

Kremchek said Majewski was told to keep quiet before the trade.

"The troubling thing about this as much as anything … was (Majewski) was told to keep it under the radar," Kremchek said.

"We asked him if he was OK, he said, 'Yeah, I'm all right.'"

Kremchek added that an MRI would not have revealed the tendonitis in Majewski’s shoulder, and that the deal likely would have gone through.

"His shoulder looks clean," Kremchek said. "It would have been (Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky's) call, but I imagine we would have made the trade."

Kremchek said he has never given a player from another club a physical before a trade is completed.

"The way it works is the GM talks to the GM," Kremchek said. "If there's any issues, medical talks to medical."

In Majewski's case, Reds trainer Mark Mann talked to the Nationals trainer.

"(The Nationals) didn't allude to anything," Kremchek said.

Kremchek, who is a consultant for the Nationals, said his relationship with that team may end over this incident.

Jim Bowden, the Nationals general manager, did not return a phone call from the Enquirer on Tuesday.

In an e-mail sent to The Washington Post regarding Majewski’s placement on the disabled list, Bowden said, "In every trade we make, our medical and training staff are always thorough, complete and give full disclosure on information on any player involved in the transaction as requested by the other club involved in the transaction per major league rules."

Kremchek said he never met Majewski until after the trade.

He said Majewski's medical records did not arrive in Cincinnati until Aug. 1, the day after the trade deadline.

"And even then, they weren't complete," Kremchek said.[/quote]

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060808/SPT04/308080037/1071"]http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../308080037/1071[/url]

Guest schotzee
Even if they don't have to send anyone back to us or squre up the deal if this is true,no one will ever want to deal with Bowden again.He must make it right ,if what is being said is true.

[quote][b]Shot across the bow [/b]

Wayne Krivsky was clearly uncomfortable earlier this afternoon facing a throng of reporters to discuss the aftermath of Gary Majewski's injury.

The bottom line is he isn't sure yet what the MLB procedure is for grievances in this case, but it sounds like the Reds are checking into it. The Reds clearly feel like information was withheld here, but Krivsky bent over backwards not to take a direct shot at Jim Bowden and the Nationals.

He said he called Bowden this morning but had not heard back from him as of 5 p.m. or so.

Krivsky then was asked whether he would stop dealing with Bowden in the future and the floodgates opened. I'll run the whole quote and let it speak for itself.

"This doesn’t preclude doing future business," said Krivsky. "I don’t like eliminating talent pools. I don’t like eliminating teams. Hopefully, people feel like when they’re dealing with us they’re dealing straight-up. I want people to feel like they’re being dealt with honestly. For me, Wayne Krivsky talking, your credibility is paramount – not only with (the media) but with other teams and the fans and ownership. You lose your credibility, you’re done in this business. You better treat people right and treat them the way you want to be treated, or you’re not going to be as effective a general manager, farm director, scouting director, scout. To me, that’s a pretty big thing right there."[/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/[/url]

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='311089' date='Aug 7 2006, 08:52 PM'][b]give us soriano!!!!!
[/b]
but seriously if kearns or lopez came back do you think they would be happy after they were just shipped off?[/quote]

shit, if we got Soriano id nut,piss and shit myself all at the same time but we should at least get another pitcher and send majewskiy back...i think i would be mad at Krivsky for the first time if he doesent do something about it...maybe we could get Ramon Ortiz back or Chad Cordero :D

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='312210' date='Aug 9 2006, 09:22 AM']as a side note:

Supposedly it was either the Reds or the Angels that claimed Andruw Jones from the Braves when he was placed on waivers.[/quote]

well we didnt get him so id rather not know we COULDA had him. and i doubt it tho cuz we couldnt pay him he has a massive contract.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='312210' date='Aug 9 2006, 08:22 AM']as a side note:

Supposedly it was either the Reds or the Angels that claimed Andruw Jones from the Braves when he was placed on waivers.[/quote]

I think every team's message board has it that Andruw was claimed by their team.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='313386' date='Aug 10 2006, 04:11 PM']Reds got pwned.[/quote]

More like the Nationals were trying to hide Majewskis health problems by not telling the Reds he had been recieving treatment for his shoulder.

Leather pants is just making it harder for him to be able to deal with other teams in the future.
Owners/GMs dont like the kind of crap that leather pants just pulled and I believe the Cardinals have already stopped trading with him after screwing them over in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='creechnasty' post='322334' date='Aug 23 2006, 10:06 AM']Just heard on 1530 that the Reds were going to file a grievance on the Nationals over this. :contract:[/quote]

Although I'm not surprised Krivsky did it, I doubt it will amount to much. MLB takes more of a "buyer beware" mentality when viewing trades between clubs. If we end up keeping Majewski (and I think we do) his arm seems to have greatly improved over the past few weeks. He seems to be itching to get back and really prove himself to all of Cincinnati. I have a good feeling about it.

Archived