Hot, Mild and Cold

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='315280' date='Aug 14 2006, 03:05 AM']And what is with peoples lack of giving Jeanty credit? He was fuckin amazing today. Almost every single snap he took in the first half, he was in on the tackle. I thought he was amazing today along with Peko and were the 2 most impressive players from our defense today.[/quote]
Finally some true love for Jeanty. I thought he looked very good for his first ever NFL start. I think he makes the team for sure.

The one thing thouse who are bothered by brooks not being huge last night need to remember is that he has only had the play book for a short amount of time as he didnt get to practice at the minicamps because he wasnt drafted yet.

Hell come on and well be better for it.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='315735' date='Aug 14 2006, 04:12 PM']The one thing thouse who are bothered by brooks not being huge last night need to remember is that he has only had the play book for a short amount of time as he didnt get to practice at the minicamps because he wasnt drafted yet.

Hell come on and well be better for it.[/quote]

thank u, ive stated that everywhere. He has been on the team for 2 lousy weeks. He signed the night b4 training camp and has had 14 days with the bengals and then this game. He did a hell of a job for almost no experience.

[quote name='SlantNGo' post='315185' date='Aug 13 2006, 11:13 PM']He also got knocked flat onto his ass by the Redskins 2nd round draft pick linebacker.[/quote]

He sure did. Ghiaciuc's holding call was BS, too. I was yelling "nice block" and then the flag came out. He stood his guy up and shoved him over - looked pretty textbook to me. He made a few nice blocks later on, too. I thought Whitworth looked ok other than being kind of slow when they had him pulling..

[quote]The D-Line played solid as a whole but I can't help to think how AWESOME it's going to be once Sam Adams starts playing. Sam will free up B-Rob and Justin Smith to get to the QB much more often and make our DBs look even better[/quote]

I can't help but think how AWESOME it's going to be once Sam Adams gets cleared to actually practice with the team. The only thing he looks to "free up" right now is a starting spot for Peko..

I can't really add much to what has been said already.

So, I would like to give a shout-out to Marcus Wilkins.

For you at the the game, they showed his Wedge-Busting hit (helmet-to-helmet) that put him down for little bit; at least 3 or 4 times.

Those were some big boys he went up against, but he did his job.

Great job Marcus [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

Guest Coy Bacon
Wilkerson made an ass of himself on the end of that scrape block, but he was getting into the linebackers quickly and solidly, and staying with his blocks. EG had some struggles. One thought might be to move EG over to guard that can play center and keep developing Wilkerson as a center.

Archived