Hot, Mild and Cold

[b]Hot[/b]

Bryan Robinson- Man the move back to end is really working for this guy. He looked great.

Robert Geathers - Sticking with ends Jumpy Jr. was all over the place. He looks a lot faster than last season.

Landon Johnson - I hated on him prior to this game, but he looked good and was always in position.

Peko - This fourth rounder looks like something special. He is a beast. For 313lbs the guy can fucking move. He was in on every fucking play.

Anthony Wright - After getting settled the guy did well, all things considered.

Shayne Graham - He seems to have quelled the doubter with those kickoffs.

Chris Henry- He may cause trouble off the field, but he causes trouble for opposing teams when he is on it.

[b]Mild[/b]

Keiwan Ratliff- Although he got the INT, he got burnt on two plays early. Nice rebound, but the dude needs to play more solid.

John Joe- He showed some of that potential, but also showed he still needs to learn a little.
[b]Cold[/b]

Ahmed Brooks - I was hyping this dude up as much as anyone, and even though he showed he has natural talent, he still has a lot to learn.

I could go on and on, but I want to hear what you guys think. But just as one last note, the whole D-line looked great today.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='315156' date='Aug 13 2006, 09:51 PM'][b]Hot[/b]

Bryan Robinson- Man the move back to end is really working for this guy. He looked great.

Robert Geathers - Sticking with ends Jumpy Jr. was all over the place. He looks a lot faster than last season.

Landon Johnson - I hated on him prior to this game, but he looked good and was always in position.

[b]Peko[/b] - This fourth rounder looks like something special. He is a beast. For 313lbs the guy can fucking move. He was in on every fucking play.

Anthony Wright - After getting settled the guy did well, all things considered.

Shayne Graham - He seems to have quelled the doubter with those kickoffs

Chris Henry- He may cause trouble off the field, but he causes trouble for opposing teams when he is on it.

[b]Mild[/b]

Keiwan Ratliff- Although he got the INT, he got burnt on two plays early. Nice rebound, but the dude needs to play more solid.

John Joe- He showed some of that potential, but also showed he still needs to learn a little.
[b]Cold[/b]

[b]Ahmed Brooks[/b] - I was hyping this dude up as much as anyone, and even though he showed he has natural talent, he still has a lot to learn.

I could go on and on, but I want to hear what you guys think. But just as one last note, the whole D-line looked great today.[/quote]

HOT
Peko - I will not go on and on...but he is what we need on this D. Someone who has a nonstop motor and in on every play. Very Impressive Tonight!!!
So-So
Brooks - I'm not sour on the guy but he had a so-so night. It was just two plays that really stuck out and they showed them on replay.

Guest Francisco d'Anconia
[b]HOT: Robinson, Henry, Peko, Wright, D. Johnson, Geathers

MILD: Jeanty, Ratliff, L. Johnson, Busing

COLD: Andrews, Ghiaciuc, Mitchell[/b]

[quote name='Francisco d'Anconia' post='315172' date='Aug 13 2006, 11:01 PM'][b]HOT: Robinson, Henry, Peko, Wright, D. Johnson, Geathers

MILD: Jeanty, Ratliff, L. Johnson, Busing

COLD: Andrews, Ghiaciuc, Mitchell[/b][/quote]
Badass siggy! I can't wait to see him tear defenses up.

Dede has been a monster also.

Guest Francisco d'Anconia

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='315175' date='Aug 13 2006, 10:03 PM']You know my boy Wilkerson looked good at center. B)[/quote]

Wasnt he playing guard tonight?

Guest Claptonrocks

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='315175' date='Aug 13 2006, 11:03 PM']You know my boy Wilkerson looked good at center. B)[/quote]

No he didnt...he doesnt look strong......

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='315183' date='Aug 13 2006, 11:12 PM']No he didnt...he doesnt look strong......[/quote]

If you are refering to the one play where he fell. That was the one play he looked questionable on. He made his intial block, moved the guy, tried to cut back and make a second block on another player (McIntosh) didn't get position quick enough and hit him a little too high and got knocked over. His only bad play of the night, from what I saw.

Chris Henry seems to be more concentrated than last year... maybe getting in trouble with the law is making him take the game more seriously. He looks like more a complete receiver than I remember.

Wright looked just okay. His accuracy is as bad as I remember.

Doug Johnson looked good. He's very Kitna like in that he can make a lot of throws, but if he tries to make throws he can't make, then he'll look awful.

Ratliff is very much like Tory James in that he relies on anticipation and recognition to get a jump on the ball. Sometimes you make big plays that way and sometimes you get burned. If he can jam receivers like Tory too then I'll be very happy with him as a #2. He didn't show much burst in his punt return.

Joseph, on the other hand, is very much like Deltha. He's so athletic that he can run with the receiver and break after he breaks. I like what I see out of him.

Ahmad Brooks is like a projectile out there. He's got great pursuit and his problem tonight was overpursuit. I'll take that over not getting there anyday.

Hot - Chris Henry, Peko (I found my rookie to cheer for),

Mild - Ratlif, the oline (it took them a few series but they got it down eventualy)

Cold - James (he got beat one on one on a play or two, he cant be left on an island)

I was impressed with the way the Defence played, the linebackers were hitting their holes and Gathers has gotten his speed back, Peko is the future at D-Tackel he was a beast tonight. And Indy Jones has me less worried about our saftey depth.

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='SlantNGo' post='315197' date='Aug 13 2006, 11:19 PM']Chris Henry seems to be more concentrated than last year... maybe getting in trouble with the law is making him take the game more seriously. He looks like more a complete receiver than I remember.

Wright looked just okay. His accuracy is as bad as I remember.

Doug Johnson looked good. He's very Kitna like in that he can make a lot of throws, but if he tries to make throws he can't make, then he'll look awful.

Ratliff is very much like Tory James in that he relies on anticipation and recognition to get a jump on the ball. Sometimes you make big plays that way and sometimes you get burned. If he can jam receivers like Tory too then I'll be very happy with him as a #2. He didn't show much burst in his punt return.

Joseph, on the other hand, is very much like Deltha. He's so athletic that he can run with the receiver and break after he breaks. I like what I see out of him.

Ahmad Brooks is like a projectile out there. He's got great pursuit and his problem tonight was overpursuit. I'll take that over not getting there anyday.[/quote]

Excellent analysis.....nice in depth description instead of the usual barb on here..

I wouldn't call Wright hot. He was only mild IMO, although if the first-string offensive line had played better from the start, he likely would have had a better performance on those first three drives... so to say he looked bad is omitting a very important piece.

Doug Johnson impressed me, maybe we won't cut his ass like I have been saying we will.

The defense gave up four plays in excess of 20 yds.That ain't good.Whitworth got beaten twice.Joseph missed a coverage and a tackle.

OTHER THAN THE OBVIOUS EFFORTS,they looked good.Typical first game.I'm encouraged bt the trhee picks.Chris Henry.The QB's looked decent.

Next week will tell us a lot more.

Guest happyrid
I thought K Wash and McNeal looked pretty good. McNeal had one especially good catch where he held on despite contact. I stlll don't think either guy makes the team, but it puts a bit more pressure on Chatman and Brazell to get back out there and show what they have. Plus, if K Wash keeps playing well, it increases the chance that we could get something for him in a trade.

I thought the D-line looked really good. Especially Geathers and Robinson. Didn't see anything at all out of Eric Henderson.

Landon looked great at LB. Brooks was okay.

The O-line looked bad, but its tough because I don't think they prepare for special blitzes in the preseason in the same way they would gameplan for them in the regular season.

[b]Hot[/b] Peko, Larson, Graham, Kiewan, Henry

[b]Warm[/b] Wright, D Johnson

[b]Cold[/b] Whitworth, Starting O-line

Kiewan looked a LOT quicker, especially on punt returns, and Larson and Shayne did great on punts and kick offs respectively.

Hot - Robinson (moved really well), Geathers (looked fast as hell - really active), Henry (made it look easy), Doug Johnson, Peko (in on a lot of plays), Kilmer (made a few ST tackles, and almost blocked a punt), Rucker (active), Shaun Smith, Shayne Graham (loved those kickoffs!), Larson (some good punting, esp. inside the 20), Bauman (great ST tackle, good coverage overall)

Mild - Jeanty (did some good stuff, some not so good); Ratliff (see Jeanty), J-Joe, Ghiaciuc (actually played some guard, and moved well in space), Wright (played pretty well overall), McNeal (nice run, nice catch)

Cold - Ahmad Brooks (looked bad several times, made 1 play that I recall), Whitworth (looked better at G than at T, where he struggled), Wilkerson (wasn't getting a lot of movement)

Archived