"Tell Rodney Harrison that I am going to knock his head off!"

[url="http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/09/chad_speaks_out.html"]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...speaks_out.html[/url]

Bengals receiver Chad Johnson, on a conference call with New England reporters, asked the media to pass on the following messages to Patriots defenders:

"You tell 37 [Rodney Harrison], I'm going to knock his helmet off. Tell Asante [Samuel] that he should continue to have help for all four quarters, or his 22 will be 55, which is 22 upside down. Tell Junior [Seau], when I'm done with him ... never mind, I'm not going to pick on Junior. Tell Eugene Wilson, if he hits me across the middle, we'll probably have to fight and get thrown out of the game right there on the spot. My last hit I was going to take this year was in Cleveland. If anyone hits me like that again, they're going down."

Asked if the Patriots had a trash talker like pissburgh's Joey Porter, Johnson said: "No. Yeah. What am I talking about? Rodney. He's the original, old-school trash talker. He hits you and still talks trash. Punch you on the bottom of the pile, and talk trash. He's the original."

Johnson, who was clearly having fun, did say that he and Harrison speak before games.

"He's one of those guys I sit down and talk to every pre-game, for 20 to 25 minutes, on keeping my head clean and staying focused. More of a father-son talk every time I talk to Rodney. We did it two years ago when we played in the preseason. He gave me some great advice about staying on a straight line and staying focused, and staying out of trouble, and if I'm in the headlines make sure it was something positive."

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 12:18:40

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='scharm' post='352196' date='Sep 27 2006, 12:50 PM']Not a smart thing to do, IMO.

Harrison old man, but he only needs one good shot.[/quote]

I kind of like it. He's getting into player's heads and asking them to actively come after him, which takes their focus off of TJ, Henry, and the other weapons on the team. Harrison is going to make an extra effort to shut down Chad, leaving the rest of the field more open.

Now if that is his actual intent, who knows. But I could see Marvin having him do it.

[quote name='Bgal' post='352200' date='Sep 27 2006, 12:53 PM']I'm assuming Chad is joking for the most part... but he probably is somewhat pissed about that hit against Cleveland[/quote]

From the article, it looks as if Rodney is one of Chad's mentors(not only on the field but off the field), so I'm sure its in good fun...

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='352206' date='Sep 27 2006, 12:57 PM']When Harrison reads it/hears about it, he will probably crack up laughing.[/quote]

What's funny is that everytime we play each other, Palmer has hellacious games, but everytime the Patriots play the Colts, Harrison owns them...I hope we knock the shit out of NE, as well as the Colts, so these goddamn Colts homers that I work with would shut up..All I hear...Palmer sucks..he couldn't wear Peyton's jock, Peyton this...Peyton that...

[quote name='Bgal' post='352200' date='Sep 27 2006, 12:53 PM']I'm assuming Chad is joking for the most part... but he probably is somewhat pissed about that hit against Cleveland[/quote]

[size=6]"Johnson, who was clearly having fun,"[/size]

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='352270' date='Sep 27 2006, 01:45 PM']chad fucking knows everyone![/quote]

You heard the story about Cj book signing? Cj is asked how he would have down against Neon Dion.
Cj picks up cell phone and calls Dion on the spot and hands the phone over for them to ask Dion. Heard this story on Bengal line

[quote name='Jungleman72' post='352213' date='Sep 27 2006, 01:06 PM']What's funny is that everytime we play each other, Palmer has hellacious games, but everytime the Patriots play the Colts, Harrison owns them...I hope we knock the shit out of NE, as well as the Colts, so these goddamn Colts homers that I work with would shut up..All I hear...Palmer sucks..he couldn't wear Peyton's jock, Peyton this...Peyton that...[/quote]
I know exactly where you're coming from. I work in Richmond, In. and the Colts lovefest is sickening. I do get pleasure in ragging on the tards when they constantly choke in the playoffs though. Well, with the exception of last year. I think there was one game we all wish they would have won. :(

Guest Agent Orange
yeah Chad said "someone's got to pay for that" but he didn't make anyone pay at Heinz really.

with chad these days, I'm not taking anything he says serious.

Archived