Negativity...I'm tired of it !

Guest Patmo

It's the offense ! It's the defense ! It's the coaching ! Marvin's drafted poorly ! Carson's the the same this year ! Rudi's lost it !

What a bunch of crap. The Bengals problem is simple.They've lost 14 guys to injuries and suspensions.We're not talking about the bottom of the roster but the top of it. That'll kill any team.

[quote name='Patmo' post='365669' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:10 PM']It's the offense ! It's the defense ! It's the coaching ! Marvin's drafted poorly ! Carson's the the same this year ! Rudi's lost it !

What a bunch of crap. The Bengals problem is simple.They've lost 14 guys to injuries and suspensions.We're not talking about the bottom of the roster but the top of it. That'll kill any team.[/quote]

amen

AND furthermore. A year from now we'll see how much improved Ghiaciuc,Brooks and Whitworth are. THEY'LL ADD EXPERIENCE & VALUE TO THIS TEAM. At that time Marvin will be recognized for his player evaluation talents.

This season's not over yet.It is over if these guys don't get healthy real fast. If we're out of it, some teams at years end will hate the schedule maker because this reconstructed team will kick some serious butts.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Patmo' post='365669' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:10 PM']It's the offense ! It's the defense ! It's the coaching ! Marvin's drafted poorly ! Carson's the the same this year ! Rudi's lost it !

What a bunch of crap. The Bengals problem is simple.They've lost 14 guys to injuries and suspensions.We're not talking about the bottom of the roster but the top of it. That'll kill any team.[/quote]

Meh. It's all of those things. The team has lost guys, replacements haven't performed well, coaches haven't done all they can, and veterans haven't stepped up. No one within the organization should feel like they're guilt free.

[quote name='WD40' post='365678' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:21 PM']I agree wholeheartedly, Patmo. That said, though. It is nice to get on a message board, write about what happened and allow my energy to vent in that way.[/quote]

Vent all you want, WD.That's what makes this board special. My purpose in posting is to counter balance the venting.I'm just as frustrated as you but I know that this won't be fixed in a week.I've never seen so many injuries. It's incredible.What I do know is that Super Bowl finalists have progressed mostly injury free .WE AIN'T INJURY FREE.

Thus far we are the Eagles of last year. And what was written about TO destroying that team wasnt the case they were hurt badly and if we dont get out of this they will write about our offield issues and think they were right, they werent for TO and they wolnt be for us. The injuries are killing us. Getting the young guys experience is good but its not what any of us wanted. It is what it is, and anyone who thinks this team isnt still good or on the right path to a championship knows nothing about football, these things happen to the best of teams, teams get derailed by injury, hopefully we get players back and make a run, but if not dont let anyone tell you were not a good team, they are dead wrong.

Guest schotzee

You are absolutely right Patmo,most of the negativity though just comes from the frustration of losing games we now know we should win.Marvin has made it for us fans that we expect them to keep rolling now no matter what issues confront us.

[quote name='Patmo' post='365669' date='Oct 16 2006, 11:10 PM']It's the offense ! It's the defense ! It's the coaching ! Marvin's drafted poorly ! Carson's the the same this year ! Rudi's lost it !

So you want to replace the negativity with excuses?

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='365673' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:14 PM']You're right Patmo. I think that is why Marvin is so negative to the media right now. I still hate to think that we lost from a jackass call[/quote]

Cat, I can't blame him.When you think about it,we didn't get beaten by a stupid call.The Bengals should have killed those guys with a rookie QB and a lousy run defense.Truth be told we stunk.Why ? Watch Tory and Bobbie Williams.They were horrible.Then look at all the guys who barely shave yet.They are prone to mistakes at inopportune times.Then look at Deltha Williams tackle . He joins Keanu in the class of let's get back to basics.

Bottom line,they don't have enough experienced talent.AND they don't have enough guys fighting for a job.James,O'Neal, Robinson and A COUPLE OTHERS are playing like complacent players.Unfortunately,Marvin doesn't have the talent yet to replace these guys.If he did try,he'd be jeapordising a successful season.He's fighting to hold on until most of the good players are back.

IN THE MEANTIME,THE MEDIA WILL BE NIPPING AT MARVIN'S HEELS.That includes the radio wannabees,Lance,Furman and the Angry guys.Those guys are a waste.

Guest schotzee
[quote name='Patmo' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:43 PM' post='365696']
Then look at Deltha Williams tackle . He joins Keanu in the class of let's get back to basics.

In his defense though,Allstot will run most anybody over one on one.I guess he could have to tried to wrap him up until help arrived though .

[quote name='Patmo' post='365696' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:43 PM']Cat, I can't blame him.When you think about it,we didn't get beaten by a stupid call.The Bengals should have killed those guys with a rookie QB and a lousy run defense.Truth be told we stunk.Why ? Watch Tory and Bobbie Williams.They were horrible.Then look at all the guys who barely shave yet.They are prone to mistakes at inopportune times.Then look at Deltha Williams tackle . He joins Keanu in the class of let's get back to basics.

Bottom line,they don't have enough experienced talent.AND they don't have enough guys fighting for a job.James,O'Neal, Robinson and A COUPLE OTHERS are playing like complacent players.Unfortunately,Marvin doesn't have the talent yet to replace these guys.If he did try,he'd be jeapordising a successful season.He's fighting to hold on until most of the good players are back.

IN THE MEANTIME,THE MEDIA WILL BE NIPPING AT MARVIN'S HEELS.That includes the radio wannabees,Lance,Furman and the Angry guys.Those guys are a waste.[/quote]

Someone that is not complacent is Justin Smith. At times, I think he is the hardest worker on that defense. Here's to hoping we re-sign him!!

[quote name='Storm' post='365692' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:40 PM']So you want to replace the negativity with excuses?[/quote]

Excuses ? To quote Marvin "it is what it is".This team has be destroyed by injuries.If you don't agree with that,tell us all where Marvin can get quality replacements,TOMORROW !

The history of sports teams is replete with great managers/coaches who had the horses.It's also littered with
with failure managers/coaches who didn't have the horses.Right now this team doesn't have the horses.

Athletics is also crowded with amateur arm chair coaches/general managers,who don't know from squat.I'm in that group.After seeing your response,I'll include you also.

[quote name='Jungle1' post='365700' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:49 PM']Someone that is not complacent is Justin Smith. At times, I think he is the hardest worker on that defense. Here's to hoping we re-sign him!![/quote]

SAME HERE,JUNGLE #1

[quote name='Patmo' post='365703' date='Oct 16 2006, 11:51 PM']Excuses ? To quote Marvin "it is what it is".This team has be destroyed by injuries.If you don't agree with that,tell us all where Marvin can get quality replacements,TOMORROW !

The history of sports teams is replete with great managers/coaches who had the horses.It's also littered with
with failure managers/coaches who didn't have the horses.Right now this team doesn't have the horses.

Athletics is also crowded with amateur arm chair coaches/general managers,who don't know from squat.I'm in that group.After seeing your response,I'll include you also.[/quote]

I didn't hear Marvin offer up any excuses, only the fans, injuries are part of the game and you have to get over them, we are not the only team that has battled them.

anyway I'm just as guilty of offering up excuses myslef but there is good reason to be negative too

Guest schotzee

[quote name='Patmo' post='365703' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:51 PM']Excuses ? To quote Marvin "it is what it is".This team has be destroyed by injuries.If you don't agree with that,tell us all where Marvin can get quality replacements,TOMORROW !

[b]Athletics is also crowded with amateur arm chair coaches/general managers,who don't know from squat.I'm in that group.After seeing your response,I'll include you also.[/b][/quote]
:lol: Sorry I couldn't help from laughing at that one.Good one Patmo :D

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Storm' post='365692' date='Oct 16 2006, 06:40 PM']So you want to replace the negativity with excuses?[/quote]

Excuse: To explain (a fault or an offense) in the hope of being forgiven or understood.

I don`t think Patmo is asking anyone to forgive, just to put things into perspective and try
to understand.

All have missed games because of injury or suspensions...
David Pollack
Rich Braham
Levi Jones
Rashad Jeanty
Brian Simmons
Tab Perry
Chris Perry
Odell Thurman
Chris Henry
Dexter Jackson
TJ Housmanzadeh
Bennie Brazell
Antonio Chatman
Jonathan Fanene
AJ Nicholson
Greg Brooks
Frostee Rucker
Rashad Bauman
Anthony Mitchell
Adam Kieft
Marcus Lewis
Terrence Whitehead

All things considered, I think it does say a lot for the Bengals depth.
Ecspecially, that despite all of those players mising games, the Bengals
have a winning record, after playing 5 games and 3 of them being
against Playoff teams from last season, that have also won the past
5 Super Bowls...

[quote name='Storm' post='365705' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:53 PM']I didn't hear Marvin offer up any excuses, only the fans, injuries are part of the game and you have to get over them, we are not the only team that has battled them.[/quote]

YEAH,YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT MARVIN,Storm, and the fact that you go on with what you have without excuses.That doesn't change the reality of the situation.You have to get on with it. However,name a team with as many injuries/suspensions to key players.Especially,one that's 3-2.

I'm confused are we throwing in the towel?

If that's the case I think they'll be in a perfect spot to grab a TE, S, or DT in the 2007 draft.

I like that safety from Florida, Nelson?

I think the negativity stems from the fact we got to enjoy the pissburgh win for about 8 hours.

Then 1 week discussing Odell and Henry.
Then another 2 weeks discussing Odell, Henry, OL, and Patroits loss
Now we can spend another week discussing the Bucs loss.

At kickoff this Sunday it will be almost a month since that win and it's been a constant shit storm since then.

Time for a win. I'm going to need a beer or 24 by then.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='365707' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:56 PM']Excuse: To explain (a fault or an offense) in the hope of being forgiven or understood.
I don`t think Patmo is asking anyone to forgive, just to put things into perspective and try
to understand.
All have missed games because of injury or suspensions...
David Pollack
Rich Braham
Levi Jones
Rashad Jeanty
Brian Simmons
Tab Perry
Chris Perry
Odell Thurman
Chris Henry
Dexter Jackson
TJ Housmanzadeh
Bennie Brazell
Antonio Chatman
Jonathan Fanene
AJ Nicholson
Greg Brooks
Frostee Rucker
Rashad Bauman
Anthony Mitchell
Adam Kieft
Marcus Lewis
Terrence Whitehead

All things considered, I think it does say a lot for the Bengals depth.
Ecspecially, that despite all of those players mising games, the Bengals
have a winning record, after playing 5 games and 3 of them being
against Playoff teams from last season, that have also won the past
5 Super Bowls...[/quote]

Thanks,Old . Add Levi and KDUB to the list.The list that you've posted really puts things in perspective.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='scharm' post='365710' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:00 PM']I'm confused are we throwing in the towel?[/quote]

Nope.

[quote]If that's the case I think they'll be in a perfect spot to grab a TE, S, or DT in the 2007 draft.[/quote]

I think they`ll draft a DE or Safety.

[quote]I like that safety from Florida, Nelson?[/quote]

I like the one from LSU, Landry.

[quote]I think the negativity stems from the fact we got to enjoy the pissburgh win for about 8 hourse.[/quote]

I`m still enjoying it.

[quote]Then 1 week discussing Odell and Henry.
Then another 2 weeks discussing Odell, Henry, OL, and Patroits loss
Now we can spend another week discussing the Bucs loss.[/quote]

While still reveling in the Stealer win.

[quote]At kickoff this Sunday it will be almost a month since that win and it's been a constant shit storm since then.[/quote]

Bye weeks suck.

[quote]Time for a win.[/quote]

No doubt.

[quote name='schotzee' post='365706' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:55 PM']:lol: Sorry I couldn't help from laughing at that one.Good one Patmo :D[/quote]

Thanks,Schotzee.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Patmo' post='365711' date='Oct 16 2006, 07:03 PM']Thanks,Old . Add Levi and KDUB to the list.The list that you've posted really puts things in perspective.[/quote]

No problem Patmo. I posted that list in another thread, but I don`t think it can be
seen enough around here.

Levi is already on that list, because he missed the Browns game.
K-Dub wasn`t missed a game yet, but you can add him to it after this Sunday.

Archived