Seen any good movies latley?

Guest ONYX

Guest Tigris

I know this is kind of gay, but I saw [b]The Holiday[/b], or something like that. Has Cameron Diaz and Jack Black in it. Has the Kate Winslet or whatever her name is from Titanic, too. Pretty damn good Christmas movie. It's a really good movie. I recommend watching it (maybe you should wait more towards Christmas time, but it's definitely worth a rent). I'm never going to admit going to the movies and seeing that ever again, though... so as of right now, I did go, but after this post, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I have one more strange movie to review, and I know I might take some heat for this... [b]Brokeback Mountain[/b]. Yeah, I know the movie was a little gay (hahaha), but it was good. I might have already talked about it in this thread before, but anyway... I was on vacation, it was bedtime. I was flipping through the channels and I saw it. I probably missed the first 5 minutes or so of it, but it was a real good movie. I don't know if it was because I never watched a gay cowboy movie before, or what, but it definitely will get your attention. When you're sitting there and the guys start doing shit, you're like, "What the fuck, WHY?!?!" But towards the end I was actually hoping they'd get back together...

Okay, I lied about that last part... or am I? :flutter:

Just playing again... I think... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//44.gif[/img] :wave:

Guest Tigris
[quote name='rbsohio30' post='463403' date='Mar 27 2007, 09:56 PM']I just watched Rocky Balboa and let me say I liked it and let me say this is an emotionally satisfying movie. If you've followed the series, you've seen the ups and downs. This is the right way to end the series. Anything less would have been unfair to an original and compelling character.[/quote]
I saw the previews and it got a lot of hype... but it seems like right after it came out, all talks died REAL QUICK, which made me think it wasn't that good.

Worth a rent?

[quote name='Tigris' post='463407' date='Mar 27 2007, 10:00 PM']I saw the previews and it got a lot of hype... but it seems like right after it came out, all talks died REAL QUICK, which made me think it wasn't that good.

[b]Worth a rent?[/b][/quote]

I happen to think so, I liked it

[quote name='Tigris' post='463407' date='Mar 27 2007, 10:00 PM']I saw the previews and it got a lot of hype... but it seems like right after it came out, all talks died REAL QUICK, which made me think it wasn't that good.

Worth a rent?[/quote]

If you were a fan of the series of films youll like it. Its much better than that piece of crap with Tommy Morrison.

I saw [i]Rocky Balboa [/i]on an airplane recently. I've gotta admit, if I wasn't strapped into a seat in a cramped flying metal tube for hours, there's really no other way I could've been forced to watch this; however, truth be told, it was better than I expected - some of Stallone's most compelling grunting since [i]Cliffhanger[/i], which is really an unfair comparison, as the whole script of [i]Cliffhanger[/i] was grunting, but I digress.

Truly, I feel bad for this film - as if it wasn't doomed by its conception as a far-fetched attempt to revive an old cash cow, evidence of the story's dimwitted author abounds in every painfully-blunt turn of the excruciatingly-simple plot.

Basically, I would recommend [i]Rocky Balboa [/i]to everyone who is trapped for hours on an airplane on which [i]Rocky Balboa[/i] is showing,

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
i am not a big Will Ferrell fan, but OMG Blades of Glory was a fucking riot. I was laughing most of the movie. I will be buying this on DVD when it comes out.

Archived