Seen any good movies latley?

Guest ONYX

I have had a few days off from work and I watched some cool ass movies on dvd.

Just watched [b]Lucky Number Slevin[/b] and [b]The Island[/b] and they both kicked ass! :headbang:

Today is my last night off from work, any recommendations?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='381897' date='Nov 8 2006, 06:47 PM']We just rented the remake of The Hills Have Eyes, and I thought it was decent, but sad, for a horror movie.[/quote]
i understood about nothing of that..

of course i never got to see the ending :D

[quote name='JC' post='381899' date='Nov 8 2006, 06:47 PM']i understood about nothing of that..

of course i never got to see the ending :D[/quote]
I just have gotten soft in my old age. I said sad because of the many family members that were killed gruesomely, althoutgh I should have expected that from a Wes Craven flick.

Lucky Number slevin was good. Some movies my girlfriend and I saw recently at the theater were The Prestige and Borat.

Prestige was pretty fucking good.
Borat was fucking hilarious. Fucking hilarious!!! This one scene where he and his producer get into a "fight" in their hotel room... OMFG, priceless!!!

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='big_dish' post='381986' date='Nov 8 2006, 08:53 PM']Lucky Number slevin was good. Some movies my girlfriend and I saw recently at the theater were The Prestige and Borat.

Prestige was pretty fucking good.
Borat was fucking hilarious. Fucking hilarious!!! This one scene where he and his producer get into a "fight" in their hotel room... OMFG, priceless!!![/quote]

I was thinking about going to see Borat. Might finally go see it Friday night

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='382001' date='Nov 8 2006, 09:25 PM']Saw The Prestige.

Very, very good movie.[/quote]

I was curious about that one. How would you describe the movie? Drama? Action? Suspense? Horror?

The Departed was pretty good, first movie in a long time that I didn't absolutely hate Leonardo.

The Prestige was a rocking movie; definitely not what I thought it would be, but that is probably what made it good.

We watched The Machinest not too long ago, pretty good movie although it was a little slow for me. I couldn't believe how bad Bale looked in that movie.

Just rented Nacho Libre and will be watching tomorrow.

I don't expect much, but we'll probably see Eragon when it hits here...a kid from near here wrote it.

I'd like to see Babel, Stanger than Fiction, and the Fountain. I'm sure there are more, but I can't remember what else is out/coming out.

On a side note, I really like The Island and it will be making it into my super cool thesis.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='382095' date='Nov 9 2006, 01:06 AM']I was curious about that one. How would you describe the movie? Drama? Action? Suspense? Horror?[/quote]

Drama/suspense

It was a little hard to follow at first because it doesn't follow a linear timeline. LOTS of flashbacks, and at first you are not always sure when you enter a flashback. But still an excellent movie.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='382007' date='Nov 8 2006, 09:39 PM']As for movie suggestions, what about:

X-Men Last Stand

The Sentinel (haven't seen it, seems interesting)

Inside Man

V for Vandetta

Cachi (Cache) (haven't seen it, seems interesting)

16 Blocks

Pink Panther

Freedomland

...enjoy[/quote]

X-Men Last Stand = Pile of Shit

A really dissappointing end to the X-Men trilogy.

Apart from that, I haven't seen many movies lately but I would like to see

The Departed
The Prestige
Saw, Saw II, Saw III
The Lady in the Water
Borat

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='382132' date='Nov 9 2006, 08:04 AM']X-Men Last Stand = Pile of Shit

A really dissappointing end to the X-Men trilogy.

Apart from that, I haven't seen many movies lately but I would like to see

The Departed
The Prestige
Saw, Saw II, Saw III
The Lady in the Water
Borat[/quote]

Just bought Cars. Maybe some of you have heard of it. Lives up to the hype IMHO. Or maybe I'm just saying that because I've edged out the wife as my 3-year old's favorite since I got it for him.

Slevin was good. I've got Nacho, but haven't watched it yet. Thought MI-3 sucked ass. My wife's 5th grade class was mesmerized by Monster House, but I haven't got to watch it yet. I liked this not-so-recent movie, Confidence, with Ed Burns and Rachel Weisz. It's good if you like twisty Mamet-type con movies like House of Games and Matchstick Men. Or just see House of Games if you can find it.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='sneaky' post='381890' date='Nov 8 2006, 06:36 PM']I have had a few days off from work and I watched some cool ass movies on dvd.

Just watched [b]Lucky Number Slevin[/b] and [b]The Island[/b] and they both kicked ass! :headbang:

Today is my last night off from work, any recommendations?[/quote]
Lucky # Slevin is amazing!

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='381896' date='Nov 8 2006, 06:45 PM']The Departed[/quote]
great movie. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='381914' date='Nov 8 2006, 07:06 PM']Saw III :headbang:[/quote]
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

[quote name='IKOTA' post='382007' date='Nov 8 2006, 09:39 PM']As for movie suggestions, what about:
[b]
X-Men Last Stand[/b]

The Sentinel (haven't seen it, seems interesting)

[b]Inside Man[/b]

[b]V for Vandetta[/b]

Cachi (Cache) (haven't seen it, seems interesting)

[b]16 Blocks[/b]

Pink Panther

[b]Freedomland[/b]

...enjoy[/quote]
ive seen all movies bolded, but Xmen and Freedomland were kinda disapointing, but solid movies.

V for Vendetta was amazing. I like 16 Blocks quite a bit and Inside Man was good.

Archived