Bengals vs Chargers OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

Guest Whodey420
[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='383484' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:14 AM']Thanks, I got sunday ticket but it's gonna be raining all day and my dad's too lazy to adjust the satelite dish so the signals better[/quote]

Your dad's too lazy to adjust the satellite??? Your dad probably busted his ass all week at
work. Why dont you take your sorry ass off the computer chair and go adjust it for HIM.

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Rudi sits[/b][/size]
By GEOFF HOBSON
November 12, 2006

11:35 p.m.

After running back Rudi Johnson showed up late for a meeting, head coach Marvin Lewis replaced him in the starting lineup with Chris Perry. It’s the second time in his career tardiness has cost him a start.

[b]SLANTS AND SCREENS:[/b] Harry Coyle, the brother of Bengals secondary coach Kevin Coyle, brought the crew that was stationed at his Manhattan firehouse during 9/11 to Sunday’s game. Harry Coyle, a long-time New York City fire fighter, responded to the attack on the World Trade Center and was one of the last to get out of the towers before they collapsed…

Lewis has always had a special relationship with Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer. They are believed to be the only NFL head coaches who played at the same high school for the same head coach at Fort Cherry High School in Pennsylvania. Lewis said the last time they spoke was when they actually bumped into each other during the summer at the pissburgh airport. Schottenheimer had just been to his high school reunion and Lewis was going to his. They are 15 years apart to the day with Lewis, 48, and Schottenheimer, 63, both born on Sept. 23 a few miles apart in Greater pissburgh.

Lewis also recruited Schottenheimer’s son, Brian, when he was at the University of pissburgh in 1991, but the younger Schottenheimer chose to stay close to his dad and committed to Kansas while Marty was the head coach of the Chiefs.

It was also at that time that Lewis had one of the NFL’s first minority coaching internship on Schottenheimer’s staff in Kansas City.[/quote]

[url="http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5673"]http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5673[/url]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='383506' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:42 AM']Well boys and girls, it's almost time to see what the Bengals are made of. This game is going to show us all whether or not we're going to put up a fight and take what's ours.
GO[b][size=7]-[/size][/b]BENGALS!!!!! (dot.com)[/quote]

:contract:

Looks like Rudi has once again put himself before the team, good thing his name isnt corey dillon or fans might get mad about it. What a selfish player, he mouths off at the coaches about not getting the ball enough, yet cant even be bothered to show up on time for meetings.

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='383516' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:46 AM']Looks like Rudi has once again put himself before the team, good thing his name isnt corey dillon or fans might get mad about it. What a selfish player, he mouths off at the coaches about not getting the ball enough, yet cant even be bothered to show up on time for meetings.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]:rofl:[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]:rofl:[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Yeah that isnt the post of a bias Perry homer.

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='383516' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:46 AM']Looks like Rudi has once again put himself before the team, good thing his name isnt corey dillon or fans might get mad about it. What a selfish player, he mouths off at the coaches about not getting the ball enough, yet cant even be bothered to show up on time for meetings.[/quote]
We have no way of knowing why he was late.
What is it with you and Perry?
You're like The Wretched Mass with Eric Henderson....
Anyway, I do hope that Perry has a GREAT game today...

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='383518' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:48 AM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]:rofl:[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]:rofl:[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Yeah that isnt the post of a bias Perry homer.[/quote]
This is the second time in two years Rudi hasnt started because of this though.

I still feel Perry (in this offense) would be a better option than Rudi.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='383516' date='Nov 12 2006, 10:46 AM']Looks like Rudi has once again put himself before the team, good thing his name isnt corey dillon or fans might get mad about it. What a selfish player, he mouths off at the coaches about not getting the ball enough, yet cant even be bothered to show up on time for meetings.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Did Rudi fuck your woman ? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img]

And do you actually believe your own bullshit ?

Rudi won`t miss more than a series.
Your boy Perry better use the opportunity to show what he`s made of...

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='383524' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:53 AM']This is the second time in two years Rudi hasnt started because of this though.
I still feel Perry (in this offense) would be a better option than Rudi.[/quote]

Im not going to turn the gameday thread to another Rudi vs Perry argument. The both are good backs and hopefully Perry stays healthy so that we can use both of them.

But that post was so obvious I had to laugh.

Guest oldschooler
Upadate from Hobson...

[quote][size=5][b] Rudi sits [/b][/size]
By GEOFF HOBSON
November 12, 2006

Posted: 11:45 p.m.

After running back Rudi Johnson showed up late for a meeting, head coach Marvin Lewis replaced him in the starting lineup with Chris Perry. It’s believed to be the second time in his career tardiness has cost him a start, but it may be a good omen for the Bengals for Sunday’s game against the Chargers at Paul Brown Stadium.

Johnson didn’t start the 2005 opener in Cleveland when he was also reportedly late to a meeting, but he returned in the second series and rushed for 126 yards on 26 carries during the Bengals’ 27-13 victory over the Browns. He also didn’t take the first snap in last year’s 16-10 victory over the Texans in which he rushed for 88 yards on 19 carries.

As expected, middle linebacker Brian Simmons (neck) and strong safety Kevin Kaesviharn (knee) were inactive, as were rookie receiver Reggie McNeal and rookie linebacker A.J. Nicholson. McNeal, a sixth-rounder, has yet to be active in the seven games he’s been on the roster and Nicholson, a fifth-rounder, has been inactive three straight games since his only appearance against Carolina.[/quote]

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Mystery Cat' post='383539' date='Nov 12 2006, 12:02 PM']How long before Rudi is making fucking signs for ESPN and practicing his dances!?!? We need to reign his fucking ass in now before his ego grows to the size of Ocho Stinko's and then both won't fit in the locker room at the same time.[/quote]

You need to take your meds. Rudi isn't a cancer.

[quote name='Mystery Cat' post='383539' date='Nov 12 2006, 12:02 PM']How long before Rudi is making fucking signs for ESPN and practicing his dances!?!? We need to reign his fucking ass in now before his ego grows to the size of Ocho Stinko's and then both won't fit in the locker room at the same time.[/quote]

I just have to laugh at posts like this. We are losing and the players who believe they can help and are frustrated by their roles get beat up on. Frankly I wish we had players on the D side who cared about winning as much as Chad and Rudi.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='383541' date='Nov 12 2006, 12:03 PM']You need to take your meds. Rudi isn't a cancer.[/quote]
You so sure about that? Mouthing off about the coaches to the media, showing up late for meetings. What more does he have to do? Sounds like a cancer to me, yet somehow he gets a pass from you guys.

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='383549' date='Nov 12 2006, 12:10 PM']You so sure about that? Mouthing off about the coaches to the media, showing up late for meetings. What more does he have to do? Sounds like a cancer to me, yet somehow he gets a pass from you guys.[/quote]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Can you be any less bias?

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='383549' date='Nov 12 2006, 12:10 PM']You so sure about that? Mouthing off about the coaches to the media, showing up late for meetings. What more does he have to do? Sounds like a cancer to me, yet somehow he gets a pass from you guys.[/quote]
A guy that plays with that much heart...a cancer?

hmm...i think its more of a frusteration then cancer....especially when 3 of the 4 games lost have been by a total of 9 points. I wouldn't be happy either....especially when we abandon the run in the middle of the 3rd every game.

Archived