Some of you "fans" make me sick

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385277' date='Nov 12 2006, 10:18 PM']How the hell was the staff to know Odell was going to do what he did? Do you think they didnt get the scouting reports from the Georga staff?? Any player that is currently available isnt going to be worth anything or we or another team would have snatched him up long ago.[/quote]

Are you kidding? Odell had his fare share of problems in college. Same with henry. I used to think character wasnt that big of a deal. But now i def. think it matters. 2 good players have terrible characters. And it has hurt the team.

[quote name='ravonaf' post='385280' date='Nov 12 2006, 10:20 PM']Odell slide to the second round for a reason. He was a problem player in college that become a problem player in the NFL. It's not rocket science.[/quote]

Ok, fair enough. But do you know that was Marvin's call? Were you in the draft room when he was drafted? Mike Brown still has a fair amount of say on his team.

[quote name='BengalsCat' post='385282' date='Nov 12 2006, 10:22 PM']Alot of players cause problems in college and turn it around in the nfl. Aparently your the only smart guy here with access to a fucking crystal ball.[/quote]

word

Guest ravonaf
[quote name='BengalsCat' post='385282' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:22 PM']Alot of players cause problems in college and turn it around in the nfl. Aparently your the only smart guy here with access to a fucking crystal ball.[/quote]

Nope. Alot of other smart guys passed him up for this very reason. You know the coaches. Those are the ones that actually got something for thier pick. If you don't fucking waste your picks on garbage maybe you would have some decent depth when injuries roll around.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385283' date='Nov 12 2006, 10:23 PM']Ok, fair enough. But do you know that was Marvin's call? Were you in the draft room when he was drafted? Mike Brown still has a fair amount of say on his team.[/quote]

In fact based on the comments Marvin made in an interview, I'd say Mikey had much more to do with the drafting of all these so-called problem players.

Storm will corroborate this. :)

[quote name='ravonaf' post='385285' date='Nov 12 2006, 10:23 PM']Nope. Alot of other smart guys passed him up for this very reason. You know the coaches. Those are the ones that actually got something for thier pick. If you don't fucking waste your picks on garbage maybe you would have some decent depth when injuries roll around.[/quote]

And is it Marvin's fault that 4 of the 7 guys he picked in that 2005 draft got injured?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385243' date='Nov 12 2006, 09:55 PM']Name me ONE team that has had to play 3 backup linebackers and a 3rd stringer for a few games and still won? Not everyone in the NFL has the same talent level. Not everyone is 1st rounders. Yes Ill agree that maybee some of the D coaching could be better, but you cant honestly expect every player we have to play up to 1st round talent level. It just doesnt work that way.[/quote]
New England put 5+ members of thier secondary on I.R. last year (Harrison, Gay, Poole, Scott, and Starks) plus started without Bruschi for what 6 games? Also were without one of thier OTackles (Matt Light).

Guest ravonaf

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='385288' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:24 PM']In fact based on the comments Marvin made in an interview, I'd say Mikey had much more to do with the drafting of all these so-called problem players.

Storm will corroborate this. :)[/quote]

Why is it when we are winning Marvin is a genius. But when we are losing it's all soP's fault?

[quote name='bengals8580' post='385281' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:21 AM']Are you kidding? Odell had his fare share of problems in college. Same with henry. I used to think character wasnt that big of a deal. But now i def. think it matters. 2 good players have terrible characters. And it has hurt the team.[/quote]

You guys do understand that Marvin isn't making the decisions on these questionable charachter guys ?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385279' date='Nov 12 2006, 10:19 PM']Because you dont throw your players or staff under the bus in public, thats bush league.[/quote]

why not? i keep hearing this and i dont see why they cant. Maybe it will cause them to do something about it. You think if marvin says, tory james played terrible today and struggled to cover flloyd, u think tory would come out next week and show no sign of improvement(prolly not cause i think he has lost it) but i would think he would look even a little better. I dont see wats wrong with placing blame where it deserves.

[quote name='ravonaf' post='385292' date='Nov 12 2006, 10:25 PM']Why is it when we are winning Marvin is a genius. But when we are losing it's all soP's fault?[/quote]

You tell me your the one calling him out like he owes you something. He turned this franchise around. We actualy had a winning season. If you missed like the last decade you would have known how much that ment.

Guest ravonaf
[quote name='BengalsCat' post='385296' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:27 PM']You tell me your the one calling him out like he owes you something. He turned this franchise around. We actualy had a winning season. If you missed like the last decade you would have known how much that ment.[/quote]

I'm not calling Marvin out. I give both him and soP the praise they deserve and the shit they deserve. It just seems like some people like to use soP like a shield to protect Marvin. Believe me, I was there during the 90's and I appreciate what we have now. But currently the team is fucked up and heading now place fast. Marvin and soP should take the blame. I'm not saying to fire Marvin but taking shit comes with the job.

Marvin does owe me something. Just like he owes every fan something and the city of cincy something. What the fuck do you think his job is anyway? It's his job to put a winning team on that field. If nothing else he owes us all that.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='385291' date='Nov 12 2006, 10:25 PM']New England put 5+ members of thier secondary on I.R. last year (Harrison, Gay, Poole, Scott, and Starks) plus started without Bruschi for what 6 games? Also were without one of thier OTackles (Matt Light).[/quote]

NE also plays in a division that doesnt have anywhere near another good team. They got to the playoffs and won one game against a team that had not been there in years. Do you think if the Jets, Dolphins or Bills were even remotly good they would have had as easy of a time getting in? And NE also can get pressure on the QB and make up for their lack of a 2ndary. When Bruschi was out they were playing lack luster and it was questioned if they were "for real".

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='385291' date='Nov 12 2006, 10:25 PM']New England put 5+ members of thier secondary on I.R. last year (Harrison, Gay, Poole, Scott, and Starks) plus started without Bruschi for what 6 games? Also were without one of thier OTackles (Matt Light).[/quote]

He said linebackers.

:D

[quote name='ravonaf' post='385292' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:25 AM']Why is it when we are winning Marvin is a genius. But when we are losing it's all soP's fault?[/quote]

Because in order to win within the parameters that Marvin has to operate under he would have to be a genius.

The motivational speeches can only go so far, eventually bad decisions in drafting and FA will rise to the top which it has done this year.

[quote name='bengals8580' post='385295' date='Nov 12 2006, 10:26 PM']why not? i keep hearing this and i dont see why they cant. Maybe it will cause them to do something about it. You think if marvin says, tory james played terrible today and struggled to cover flloyd, u think tory would come out next week and show no sign of improvement(prolly not cause i think he has lost it) but i would think he would look even a little better. I dont see wats wrong with placing blame where it deserves.[/quote]

You do that in private, to do so in public would create malcontent and we would have a locker room full of TO types.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385306' date='Nov 12 2006, 10:32 PM']You do that in private, to do so in public would create malcontent and we would have a locker room full of TO types.[/quote]

It wouldnt create shit if it was deserved. TO says stupid stuff to people who dont deserve it. Tory deserves to be told that he sucks. Chuck deserves to be told that he is a bad coach. Its not like when TO said shit about McNabb, at least mcnabb was producing. At least TO performs on the field, thats more than half of our defensive players can say.

[quote name='bengals8580' post='385356' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:08 PM']It wouldnt create shit if it was deserved. TO says stupid stuff to people who dont deserve it. Tory deserves to be told that he sucks. Chuck deserves to be told that he is a bad coach. Its not like when TO said shit about McNabb, at least mcnabb was producing. At least TO performs on the field, thats more than half of our defensive players can say.[/quote]

I dont agree with this at all. If you call out the players or coaches in public when it comes time to replace them, do you think anyone else would want to come here?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385362' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:13 PM']I dont agree with this at all. If you call out the players or coaches in public when it comes time to replace them, do you think anyone else would want to come here?[/quote]

thats true. but wat they are doing, apparently isnt working. Most teams get better during the season, the bengals are getting worse. The offense played great, but the defense continues to get worse and worse. Im just worried that were going to lose every game 40-50.

[quote name='bengals8580' post='385365' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:16 PM']thats true. but wat they are doing, apparently isnt working. Most teams get better during the season, the bengals are getting worse. The offense played great, but the defense continues to get worse and worse. Im just worried that were going to lose every game 40-50.[/quote]

And you dont think injures play a factor at all? By the way the giants who have a number of injuries are losing again. :wave:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385367' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:19 PM']And you dont think injures play a factor at all? By the way the giants who have a number of injuries are losing again. :wave:[/quote]

are losing to the 7-1 bears. The injuries to the giants are a little worse than ours. We dont have anyone near as good as Strahan or Arrington

[quote name='bengals8580' post='385371' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:21 PM']are losing to the 7-1 bears. The injuries to the giants are a little worse than ours. We dont have anyone near as good as Strahan or Arrington[/quote]

uhm didnt the 7-1 bears lose to the dolphins last week?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385373' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:23 PM']uhm didnt the 7-1 bears lose to the dolphins last week?[/quote]

the dolphins who have 1 less win than the bengals. and the dolphins who have beaten teams that are worth a shit this year. and the dolphins who are getting better throughout the year. Our players have been out all year. The backups should have enough experience by now that they shouldnt suck so bad, but they do. So why are they on this team?

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385228' date='Nov 12 2006, 09:46 PM']Look Im just as pissed as any of you, the defence doesnt seem to care about how they play. But that said, those calling for the heads of Marvin and Brat should just turn in your Jerseys or shut the hell up. Those of you who think that losing as many players as we have lost to injury doesnt make a damn bit of difference in the play of the team and that every player we draft should play like a 1st rounder rookie of the year or a probowler clearly dont have a clue. This is the era of free agency, no longer can teams go out and buy all the players in the world and be as deep as the old Joe Gibbs Redskins teams. It doesnt work that way. If you believe that Caleb Miller and Landon Johnson are the same as Odell Thurman and David Pollack then your clearly insane. If they were Marvin wouldnt have drafted David and Odell in the first place, and he damn sure wouldnt have brought Jenty in. Do you honestly believe that the O that put up 41 points should take ANY blame for today?

Yet Im hearing "Fire All the Coaches" "Fire Brat" "The O should have ran more" (Which by the way if you listen to Carsons press conference hell tell you that SD isnt a team you can sit on a lead with) "Injuries dont matter" (tell me ONE team that has to start a 3rd string linebacker for a few games, yet alone 3 backup linebackers and still wins those games...just ONE team I defy you to do that.)

Yes maybee some things need to be looked at from as defencive coaching point of view, and maybee some players who just give up and not care should find another team.

But fire Marvin? Fire Brat? Question a O that just put up 41 points?
Please.[/quote]

Why don't they just make a cheerleader section, for people such as yourself to post in?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385228' date='Nov 12 2006, 09:46 PM']Look Im just as pissed as any of you, the defence doesnt seem to care about how they play. But that said, those calling for the heads of Marvin and Brat should just turn in your Jerseys or shut the hell up. Those of you who think that losing as many players as we have lost to injury doesnt make a damn bit of difference in the play of the team and that every player we draft should play like a 1st rounder rookie of the year or a probowler clearly dont have a clue. This is the era of free agency, no longer can teams go out and buy all the players in the world and be as deep as the old Joe Gibbs Redskins teams. It doesnt work that way. If you believe that Caleb Miller and Landon Johnson are the same as Odell Thurman and David Pollack then your clearly insane. If they were Marvin wouldnt have drafted David and Odell in the first place, and he damn sure wouldnt have brought Jenty in. Do you honestly believe that the O that put up 41 points should take ANY blame for today?

Yet Im hearing "Fire All the Coaches" "Fire Brat" "The O should have ran more" (Which by the way if you listen to Carsons press conference hell tell you that SD isnt a team you can sit on a lead with) "Injuries dont matter" (tell me ONE team that has to start a 3rd string linebacker for a few games, yet alone 3 backup linebackers and still wins those games...just ONE team I defy you to do that.)

Yes maybee some things need to be looked at from as defencive coaching point of view, and maybee some players who just give up and not care should find another team.

But fire Marvin? Fire Brat? Question a O that just put up 41 points?
Please.[/quote][size=5][b]
FIRE JAMIE_B!!![/b][/size]

:ninja:

im just curious Jamie... why is it that you think because we scored 41 points that Brat's playcalling isnt allowed to be questioned?

I've asked this question before and ill ask once again now, why is it when we dont score many points and we lose its lack of execution that caused the loss but when we go out and score 41 and lose it's because Brat's a genius and god forbid anyone challenge him. Im not saying we need to fire the man, but he does need to be questioned by both Marvin and Mike Brown for his second half play calling. he abandoned the run and Rudi was averaging 5.0 yards per carry, he ran a double fucking reverse against the second best defense in the league (these guys get to the QB and RB in the backfield faster than any other team in the league) and he called a fucking shovel pass on third and 6 with 6 minutes to go... we were losing at that point and we let LT score 4 times in a matter of minutes. You are issuing challenges for someone to find a team thats winning games with third string LB's and that are banged up... im going to ask you this? name one time this season that we have ran that fucking shovel pass and its ended up in a first down, name me one time that we have ran that double reverse without sending TJ in motion towards the line from the right side? we are quite possibly the most predictable team in the league on offense. Look at what happens when Palmer has time to throw. This offense thrives on selling the run to open up play action. when you dont run but 6-10 times in the second half it becomes hard to keep the defense honest.

point is, we need to run the ball more in the second half with Rudi, even if hes not exactly beasting on every down. the O-Line from today needs to show up for the remainder of the season, and If Brat stays away from the shovel pass and double reverse's when we are down late in the 4th quarter we should win some games.

we all know our defense blows, The Wretched Mass has been saying it all season and until now he's gotten flamed each and every time. in order for us to win we will have to play shootout style games and limit our mistakes on the offensive side of the ball. (similar to what we did last year, but now our defense isnt assisting in the turnover dept).

Archived