Some of you "fans" make me sick

On a normal NFL team the whole coaching staff would be in serious jeopardy of losing their jobs but this is the Bengals where 8-8 will give your coach a lifetime contract.

I would be willing to part with Marvin if I had any confidence that the front office could find a replacement but I know that we would probably go another 15 years before we would find another coach to take us to 8-8

Anyway Marvin isn't the whole problem and his shortcomings can be corrected, the Bengals problems are systemic starting with the gross incompetence at the top of the organization

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='385420' date='Nov 13 2006, 12:32 AM']im just curious Jamie... why is it that you think because we scored 41 points that Brat's playcalling isnt allowed to be questioned?

I've asked this question before and ill ask once again now, why is it when we dont score many points and we lose its lack of execution that caused the loss but when we go out and score 41 and lose it's because Brat's a genius and god forbid anyone challenge him. Im not saying we need to fire the man, but he does need to be questioned by both Marvin and Mike Brown for his second half play calling. [b]he abandoned the run and Rudi was averaging 5.0 yards per carry[/b], he ran a double fucking reverse against the second best defense in the league (these guys get to the QB and RB in the backfield faster than any other team in the league) and he called a fucking shovel pass on third and 6 with 6 minutes to go... we were losing at that point and we let LT score 4 times in a matter of minutes. You are issuing challenges for someone to find a team thats winning games with third string LB's and that are banged up... im going to ask you this? name one time this season that we have ran that fucking shovel pass and its ended up in a first down, name me one time that we have ran that double reverse without sending TJ in motion towards the line from the right side? we are quite possibly the most predictable team in the league on offense. Look at what happens when Palmer has time to throw. This offense thrives on selling the run to open up play action. when you dont run but 6-10 times in the second half it becomes hard to keep the defense honest.

point is, we need to run the ball more in the second half with Rudi, even if hes not exactly beasting on every down. the O-Line from today needs to show up for the remainder of the season, and If Brat stays away from the shovel pass and double reverse's when we are down late in the 4th quarter we should win some games.

we all know our defense blows, The Wretched Mass has been saying it all season and until now he's gotten flamed each and every time. in order for us to win we will have to play shootout style games and limit our mistakes on the offensive side of the ball. (similar to what we did last year, but now our defense isnt assisting in the turnover dept).[/quote]

The Bengals ran the ball 12 times and passed the ball 20 times in the 2nd half.
Their drives of the 2nd half ...

Cincinnati Bengals at 14:52
[b]1-10-CIN27 (14:52) R.Johnson left tackle to CIN 31 for 4 yards (S.Cooper). [/b]
2-6-CIN31 (14:17) C.Palmer pass short middle to T.Houshmandzadeh to CIN 36 for 5 yards (T.Kiel; S.Cooper).
[b]3-1-CIN36 (13:41) R.Johnson left end to CIN 40 for 4 yards (D.Edwards). [/b]
PENALTY on CIN-E.Ghiaciuc, Tripping, 10 yards, enforced at CIN 38. {R.Johnson (CIN#32) credited with a rush for 2 yards due to the penalty}
3-9-CIN28 (13:31) (Shotgun) C.Palmer pass incomplete deep right to C.Henry (Q.Jammer).
4-9-CIN28 (13:23) K.Larson punts 41 yards to SD 31, Center-B.St. Louis, fair catch by K.McCardell.

[b]2 runs 2 passes[/b]

Cincinnati Bengals at 10:41
1-10-CIN9 (10:41) C.Palmer pass short left to R.Johnson to CIN 13 for 4 yards (D.Edwards).
[b]2-6-CIN13 (10:08) J.Johnson up the middle to CIN 13 for no gain (S.Phillips; J.Williams). [/b]
3-6-CIN13 (9:31) C.Palmer pass incomplete short right to T.Houshmandzadeh.
4-6-CIN13 (9:24) K.Larson punts 33 yards to CIN 46, Center-B.St. Louis, out of bounds.

[b]1 run 2 passes[/b]

Cincinnati Bengals at 09:00
1-10-CIN43 (9:00) C.Palmer pass deep middle to C.Johnson to SD 22 for 35 yards (M.McCree).
[b]1-10-SD22 (8:20) C.Perry left end pushed ob at SD 4 for 18 yards (J.Williams). {Reverse} [/b]
1-4-SD4 (7:46) C.Palmer pass short right to C.Perry pushed ob at SD 6 for -2 yards (T.Kiel).
[b]2-6-SD6 (7:17) R.Johnson right end to SD 3 for 3 yards (D.Edwards). [/b]
3-3-SD3 (6:35) C.Palmer pass incomplete short middle to T.Stewart (D.Robinson). {Knocked down at the line of scrimmage}
4-3-SD3 (6:31) S.Graham 21 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-B.St. Louis, Holder-K.Larson.

[b]2 runs 3 passes[/b]

Cincinnati Bengals at 03:03
1-10-CIN26 (3:03) C.Palmer pass deep left to C.Johnson for 74 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
S.Graham extra point is GOOD, Center-B.St. Louis, Holder-K.Larson.
SD 28 CIN 38, Plays: 1 Yards: 74 Possession: 0:18.

[b]1 pass[/b]

Cincinnati Bengals at 14:55
1-10-CIN20 (14:55) C.Palmer sacked at CIN 9 for -11 yards (S.Phillips). FUMBLES (S.Phillips), RECOVERED by SD-S.Phillips at CIN 9. S.Phillips to CIN 9 for no gain (J.Johnson).

[b]THE CHARGERS TOOK THE LEAD AFTER THIS PLAY[/b]

Cincinnati Bengals at 14:35
[b]1-10-CIN24 (14:35) C.Johnson right end to CIN 24 for no gain (C.Polk). {Double reverse, from C.Palmer to T.J. Houshmandzadeh to C.Johnson} [/b]
[b]2-10-CIN24 (14:00) R.Johnson right guard to CIN 39 for 15 yards (D.Edwards; S.Phillips).
[b]1-10-CIN39 (13:25) R.Johnson left tackle to CIN 44 for 5 yards (S.Phillips; S.Cooper). [/b]
[b]2-5-CIN44 (12:52) R.Johnson right tackle to SD 43 for 13 yards (D.Florence; M.McCree).[/b]
[b]1-10-SD43 (12:16) R.Johnson left guard to SD 45 for -2 yards (C.Polk).[/b]
2-12-SD45 (11:45) C.Palmer pass incomplete short right to T.Houshmandzadeh (Q.Jammer).
3-12-SD45 (11:38) (Shotgun) C.Palmer pass incomplete short middle to T.Houshmandzadeh.
4-12-SD45 (11:32) K.Larson punts 33 yards to SD 12, Center-B.St. Louis, fair catch by K.McCardell.

[b]5 runs 2 passes[/b]

Cincinnati Bengals at 09:37
1-10-SD45 (9:37) C.Palmer pass incomplete deep right to T.Houshmandzadeh.
PENALTY on SD-M.McCree, Defensive Pass Interference, 18 yards, enforced at SD 45 - No Play. {T.J.Houshmandzadeh (CIN#84) injured on the play, came off the field with assistance}
[b][b]1-10-SD27 (9:33) R.Johnson right guard to SD 23 for 4 yards (D.Edwards). [/b]
[b]2-6-SD23 (8:57) R.Johnson left guard to SD 23 for no gain (M.McCree). [/b]
3-6-SD23 (8:17) (Shotgun) C.Palmer pass short middle to C.Perry to SD 26 for -3 yards (M.Harris; S.Phillips). {Shuffle pass} Penalty on CIN-B.Williams, Ineligible Downfield Pass, declined.
4-9-SD26 (7:53) S.Graham 44 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-B.St. Louis, Holder-K.Larson.

[b] 2 runs 2 passes[/b]

[b]Last drive of the game, down by 8 ...

Up until this drive the Bengals had ran 12 times and passed 12 times [/b]

Cincinnati Bengals at 02:23
1-10-CIN40 (2:23) C.Palmer pass short middle to C.Henry to SD 49 for 11 yards (D.Edwards).
1-10-SD49 (2:00) C.Palmer pass deep middle to C.Johnson to SD 27 for 22 yards (D.Edwards).
1-10-SD27 (1:38) C.Palmer pass short right to R.Kelly pushed ob at SD 27 for no gain (M.McCree; Q.Jammer).
2-10-SD27 (1:31) C.Palmer pass short middle to C.Johnson to SD 15 for 12 yards (Q.Jammer).
1-10-SD15 (1:09) C.Palmer pass incomplete short right to T.Stewart [M.Harris].
2-10-SD15 (1:05) C.Palmer pass incomplete short right to C.Henry.
3-10-SD15 (:58) C.Palmer pass short right to K.Watson to SD 15 for no gain (D.Florence).
4-10-SD15 (:49) C.Palmer pass incomplete to G.Holt.

Guest oldschooler
Oh yeah, and I love how people conviently ignore the drop
by TJ on 3rd down that would have been a for sure 1st down,
and the drop by Henry that would have been a TD....

what i do't understand is when they were down at the goal line with a first and goal, they didn't run rudy three straight times. going for field goals was not that smart. heck i would have ran it four times to get a touchdown. going for three points help in this lost.don't they trust rudy to get it in there in three trys. it's hard to pass down there close. what about that jeremey johnson.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='385420' date='Nov 13 2006, 01:32 AM']im just curious Jamie... why is it that you think because we scored 41 points that Brat's playcalling isnt allowed to be questioned?

I've asked this question before and ill ask once again now, why is it when we dont score many points and we lose its lack of execution that caused the loss but when we go out and score 41 and lose it's because Brat's a genius and god forbid anyone challenge him. Im not saying we need to fire the man, but he does need to be questioned by both Marvin and Mike Brown for his second half play calling. he abandoned the run and Rudi was averaging 5.0 yards per carry, he ran a double fucking reverse against the second best defense in the league (these guys get to the QB and RB in the backfield faster than any other team in the league) and he called a fucking shovel pass on third and 6 with 6 minutes to go... we were losing at that point and we let LT score 4 times in a matter of minutes. You are issuing challenges for someone to find a team thats winning games with third string LB's and that are banged up... im going to ask you this? name one time this season that we have ran that fucking shovel pass and its ended up in a first down, name me one time that we have ran that double reverse without sending TJ in motion towards the line from the right side? we are quite possibly the most predictable team in the league on offense. Look at what happens when Palmer has time to throw. This offense thrives on selling the run to open up play action. when you dont run but 6-10 times in the second half it becomes hard to keep the defense honest.

point is, we need to run the ball more in the second half with Rudi, even if hes not exactly beasting on every down. the O-Line from today needs to show up for the remainder of the season, and If Brat stays away from the shovel pass and double reverse's when we are down late in the 4th quarter we should win some games.

we all know our defense blows, The Wretched Mass has been saying it all season and until now he's gotten flamed each and every time. in order for us to win we will have to play shootout style games and limit our mistakes on the offensive side of the ball. (similar to what we did last year, but now our defense isnt assisting in the turnover dept).[/quote]

I didnt say the playcalling couldnt be questioned, I said that blaming the O for this is absurd. Why is it that when we played KC with a 17 point lead people were screaming "Why didnt we pass more?" or "Where is the deep ball?" The fact is SD isnt KC, they arent a team you can sleep on (obvisouly) you have to keep putting points on the board when Rivers is doing his best Carson Palmer impression.

Just who is responsible for this debacle -- 42 fricking points in the second half. Are the fans responsible. It's time to quit making excuses. Marvin is better than his predecessors but that's about it. He will never take us to the promised land. But he has it great here -- everyone makes excuses for him and th bar is so low that mediocrity is seen as success.

[quote name='billyjeff' post='385505' date='Nov 13 2006, 09:26 AM']Just who is responsible for this debacle -- 42 fricking points in the second half. Are the fans responsible. It's time to quit making excuses. Marvin is better than his predecessors but that's about it. He will never take us to the promised land. But he has it great here -- everyone makes excuses for him and th bar is so low that mediocrity is seen as success.[/quote]

Great post, you really told us why there is a problem. Great analysis. Never take us to the promise land?? Yeah he doesnt have the resume to do that so lets just get rid of him now. :rolleyes:

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='billyjeff' post='385505' date='Nov 13 2006, 08:26 AM']Just who is responsible for this debacle -- 42 fricking points in the second half. Are the fans responsible. It's time to quit making excuses. Marvin is better than his predecessors but that's about it. He will never take us to the promised land. But he has it great here -- everyone makes excuses for him and th bar is so low that mediocrity is seen as success.[/quote]

Is there an echo on this board ?

I could have sworn I just read the same stupid shit from you in another thread.

Let me see, Marvin took the worst team in the NFL, hasn`t had a losing record,
took them to the Playoffs, was a cheap shot away from going God only knows
how far, and now he`s a just a mediocre coach that will never take us to the
promised land ?

And the bar is set so low ? Really ? I guess we all should be calling for his
firing after 9 games ?

Are you always a dumbass or just when you get online ?

Guest Claptonrocks
Great posts guys.... yeahs and nays ..

Offensive line deserves allot of kudos for playing much better.
Whitworth and Bluto are coming along nicely ..
When now see when CP has some time he can dissect a defense.

Questions...

Why is Tory James starting? Wouldnt our pass defense we just as good with J-Joe and Deltha as starters and Kiewan as the nickle..
James gets explloited on third downs allot...He's too slow anymore.

I watched Big Sam yesterday .. He DOESNT get doubleteamed.. One guy was on him and he owned him practically all day save for a couple plays.. Peko is bettter right now... Play him more with Shaun Smith rotating with him... Could it hurt ?

Our second half adjustments on defense dont seem to work.. Why I dont know but are our linebackers too slow to cover a tightend thats heavier than they are? Its the same old story every week about tight ends...man this has to be fixed..

Our tackling seems to be one of grabbing a stripping instead of wrap around.. maybe they should try a different techniquie now...

All our defensive linemen bullrush save for a couple spins ... Isnt there more to teach a player besides those moves.. I think so...

I thought Rudi should have run the ball more in the second half.. When your sitting on a 21 point lead I think you need to run more than 12 times in the second half.. You keep the ball out of their hands that way.
CP was on no doubt but the name of the game should have been time possesion in the second half ....Dont know if thats Brat or Lewis call on that.. I suspect Lewis tells Brat how he wants to run it and Brat calls the plays for that scheme..

All in all I was very impressed with the offense... The defense is a fucking wreck though and we all know that unless changes are made we will be lucky to win 8 games...

Drinking all the Kool aid in the world will not improve this team. It really didn't take much to improve the team from where it was but to get to the next level?? So accept 8-8, 8-8, 11-5 and (whatever this year is - it will be a losing seson). Not what one would call a successAs I said - if you are willing to settle for mediocrity, then Marvin is a great coach. Even the old AFC North Champion Cincinnati Bengals would have had a difficult time matching the second half performance yesterday. As for injuries, nothing wrong with the DL who continue to do nothing on the pass rush. Even when we blitz, the rush is seldom successful. Tory James continues to get torched.

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='billyjeff' post='385539' date='Nov 13 2006, 11:39 AM']Drinking all the Kool aid in the world will not improve this team. It really didn't take much to improve the team from where it was but to get to the next level?? So accept 8-8, 8-8, 11-5 and (whatever this year is - it will be a losing seson). Not what one would call a successAs I said - if you are willing to settle for mediocrity, then Marvin is a great coach. Even the old AFC North Champion Cincinnati Bengals would have had a difficult time matching the second half performance yesterday. As for injuries, nothing wrong with the DL who continue to do nothing on the pass rush. Even when we blitz, the rush is seldom successful. Tory James continues to get torched.[/quote]

Look Im not a big James fan either ..he's lost a step and his tackling leaves allot to be desired but how long can you cover a mna when the opposing QB has so much time??
Bryan Robinson and Sam Adams were good once upon a time.. NO MORE.. They gas out in the second half.
Our linebackers are inexperieced or backups....
We need an enforcer in the secondary...
Our wideouts have been getting killed because opponents send a safety to enforce their territory.
We need one of those guys too.... Chris Henry was scared in the second half....We meed to scare opponents as well... maybe the tightends in the league wont feel so comfortable if we put some licks on them.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='billyjeff' post='385539' date='Nov 13 2006, 09:39 AM']Drinking all the Kool aid in the world will not improve this team.[/quote]

But being a whiney dumbass will ?

[quote]It really didn't take much to improve the team from where it was but to get to the next level?? So accept 8-8, 8-8, 11-5 and (whatever this year is - it will be a losing seson). Not what one would call a successAs I said - if you are willing to settle for mediocrity, then Marvin is a great coach.[/quote]

Dude, name me one coach that has turned a worse team around faster ?
Belichick sucked at Cleveland, then followed Parcells at NE. Parcells rebuilt that team
and had taken them to a Super Bowl too before Belichick took over.

[quote]Even the old AFC North Champion Cincinnati Bengals would have had a difficult time matching the second half performance yesterday.[/quote]

They wouldn`t have even had a lead like that to blow. They would have played 4 quarters like that.

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='oldschooler' post='385549' date='Nov 13 2006, 11:52 AM']But being a whiney dumbass will ?

Dude, name me one coach that has turned a worse team around faster ?
Belichick sucked at Cleveland, then followed Parcells at NE. Parcells rebuilt that team
and had taken them to a Super Bowl too before Belichick took over.

They wouldn`t have even had a lead like that to blow. They would have played 4 quarters like that.[/quote]

Schooler you must admit this team is in dire need of a pass rush be it different moves at the line of scrimmage, more blitzing even if it cost us a big play and some enforcers in the secondary to scare the living shit out of opponents receivers.... We need to correct these problmes next year..
Im thinking a different Dlline coach that can teach other methods of passrush, get Bres to blitz more ( that might be like pulling teeth) and some Hard Hitters in the secondary....

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='385553' date='Nov 13 2006, 09:54 AM']Schooler you must admit this team is in dire need of a pass rush be it different moves at the line of scrimmage, more blitzing even if it cost us a big play and some enforcers in the secondary to scare the living shit out of opponents receivers.... We need to correct these problmes next year..
Im thinking a different Dlline coach that can teach other methods of passrush, get Bres to blitz more ( that might be like pulling teeth) and some Hard Hitters in the secondary....[/quote]

Oh I agree. I said yesterday that the Defense lacks play makers.
I even said I think we`ve over rated Madieu. He hasn`t done shit this season.

The only Defensive players that haven`t been injured this season are Thornton,
Peko, Justin, Jon-Jo, Brooks, Madieu, Robinson and Geathers.

They`ve had two rookies starting at key positions, and their best, healthy LB
left the game several times yesterday.

And I saw the Bengals bring the house against the Chargers. Unfortunately the
Chargers took them to the barn when they did.

[quote name='billyjeff' post='385539' date='Nov 13 2006, 10:39 AM']Drinking all the Kool aid in the world will not improve this team. It really didn't take much to improve the team from where it was but to get to the next level?? So accept 8-8, 8-8, 11-5 and (whatever this year is - it will be a losing seson). Not what one would call a successAs I said - if you are willing to settle for mediocrity, then Marvin is a great coach. Even the old AFC North Champion Cincinnati Bengals would have had a difficult time matching the second half performance yesterday. As for injuries, nothing wrong with the DL who continue to do nothing on the pass rush. Even when we blitz, the rush is seldom successful. Tory James continues to get torched.[/quote]

I agree, when are you guys going to stop drinking the "were deep at linebacker" Kool-aid?

[quote]Dude, name me one coach that has turned a worse team around faster ?
and had taken them to a Super Bowl too before Belichick took over.[/quote]

Now Old shouldnt you know better than to make a point?

Not call for firing anyone, players and coach's need to man-up. But still what I hate seeing:

[b]1-4-SD4 [/b] (7:46) C.Palmer [b]pass short right [/b] to C.Perry pushed ob at SD 6 for -2 yards (T.Kiel).
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
2-6-SD6 (7:17) R.Johnson right end to SD 3 for 3 yards (D.Edwards).
:) :) :)
3-3-SD3 (6:35) C.Palmer pass [b]incomplete short middle [/b] to T.Stewart (D.Robinson). {Knocked down at the line of scrimmage}
:angry: :angry: :angry: run, run, run and if it didn't work .......
4-3-SD3 (6:31) S.Graham 21 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-B.St. Louis, Holder-K.Larson.
...... run, run, run again FUUUUUUUUUU[b]CK[/b] That felt good :blush:

These are the time to show some game-managing decisions; not to mention balls. <_<
Stop trying to out-think your opponent and go straight blue-collar when the time dictates.
Here was a time oppourtunitity wasted that may of possibly given the players a little more fire and attitude
:(

Worst case scenario, SD would have to go the length of the field instead ensuing kick-off returned for 40 plus yards, I believe <_<

We can still pull it ou and make a [b]GREATER[/b] run this year than what the Squealers did in 05'.

Who-dey Bitches :049:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385228' date='Nov 12 2006, 09:46 PM']Look Im just as pissed as any of you, the defence doesnt seem to care about how they play. But that said, those calling for the heads of Marvin and Brat should just turn in your Jerseys or shut the hell up. Those of you who think that losing as many players as we have lost to injury doesnt make a damn bit of difference in the play of the team and that every player we draft should play like a 1st rounder rookie of the year or a probowler clearly dont have a clue. This is the era of free agency, no longer can teams go out and buy all the players in the world and be as deep as the old Joe Gibbs Redskins teams. It doesnt work that way. If you believe that Caleb Miller and Landon Johnson are the same as Odell Thurman and David Pollack then your clearly insane. If they were Marvin wouldnt have drafted David and Odell in the first place, and he damn sure wouldnt have brought Jenty in. Do you honestly believe that the O that put up 41 points should take ANY blame for today?

Yet Im hearing "Fire All the Coaches" "Fire Brat" "The O should have ran more" (Which by the way if you listen to Carsons press conference hell tell you that SD isnt a team you can sit on a lead with) "Injuries dont matter" (tell me ONE team that has to start a 3rd string linebacker for a few games, yet alone 3 backup linebackers and still wins those games...just ONE team I defy you to do that.)

Yes maybee some things need to be looked at from as defencive coaching point of view, and maybee some players who just give up and not care should find another team.

But fire Marvin? Fire Brat? Question a O that just put up 41 points?
Please.[/quote]

Nobody questioning the offence. What the hell are you talking about. Every one is talking about the defenceive cordinator and how the defence gave up so many points in a half.

[quote name='j.5000022' post='385781' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:28 PM']Nobody questioning the offence. What the hell are you talking about. Every one is talking about the defenceive cordinator and how the defence gave up so many points in a half.[/quote]

Go read the threads yesterday. The "Fire Brat" thread was bumped. People were question why we didnt run more as well. ;)

[quote name='GoBengals' post='385551' date='Nov 13 2006, 10:53 AM']i think we should have benched palmer....

[size=3]:ninja: [/size][/quote]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='385786' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:30 PM']It was sarcasm. ;)[/quote]

I fixed it.......

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Im listening to the homer now,some of you guys are just regurgitating what they are saying. Im sorry but I just find that funny.

Archived