Who's going to see "Rocky Balboa"

eva4ben-gal

Who's going to see "Rocky Balboa"  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay?

• Yay, I've been waiting years for this
    • Nay, I'd rather see a Godfather 4

This movie looks really good IMO and seems like a great way to wrap up the series since Rocky V was so disappointing. I can't wait for this to hit theatres. Looks like they have a good plot and the characters have gone through a lot since the last installment. Plus, with guys like Foreman coming out of retirement to fight in years past it is not unbelievable. I feel like the guy Eddie Murphy (I think it was him) described in his standup. Everytime I see that trailer and hear that music I just want to take on the world. I don't know what it is but Rocky is like a real person to us white guys and Stallone looks like he could still kick my ass even at 60.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='401260' date='Dec 4 2006, 11:30 PM']he better lose... the movie should all be about personal struggle and he should fight for himself but lose

theres simply no way he would/could beat someone like tarver at age 60 and have it make sense or be believable[/quote]

its not an actual fight, its an exhbition. Stallone was on MNF tonight and mentioned that Rocky takes the fight seriously, while Tarver doesn't. For that reason, I could see them having Rocky win. I could also seem them having it end in a split decision or something like that.

Guest LeakyBengal
I want to see it but I doubt I will. The release date sucks. Like you said, the story is interesting and the acting looks great. I hear people say that it looks horrible. I just don't know how they can say that. The trailer is well done and as I said the story and acting looks great.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='401272' date='Dec 4 2006, 10:47 PM']I want to see it but I doubt I will. The release date sucks. Like you said, the story is interesting and the acting looks great. I hear people say that it looks horrible. I just don't know how they can say that. The trailer is well done and as I said the story and acting looks great.[/quote]

It looks horrible because it goes beyond beating a dead horse...it's beating a decomposed horse at this point. I enjoy the Rocky franchise, and I'm sure I'll watch this when an opportunity presents itself, but I don't have a good feeling about this one.

And as far as the trailer and the acting, remember that the trailer for "Battlefield Earth" made that shit movie look somewhat iinteresting. And Stallone hasn't done a decent acting job since Rocky II.

"Yo Adrian!!! You should have let me quit after I beat Drago in '85."

Guest Coy Bacon
I suppose the nickname "Rocky" now refers to his favorite pastime, sitting in a rocking chair.

The only thing more pathetic than rehashing this tired old fantasy is the fact that people will go

to see it. Oh, I can think of something even more pathetic - that statue that they put up by the art museum in Philly. That thing is cheesier than the giant Jesus in front of the Butler County King Pin's church on I-75.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='401884' date='Dec 5 2006, 10:29 PM']I suppose the nickname "Rocky" now refers to his favorite pastime, sitting in a rocking chair.

The only thing more pathetic than rehashing this tired old fantasy is the fact that people will go

to see it. Oh, I can think of something even more pathetic - that statue that they put up by the art museum in Philly. That thing is cheesier than the giant Jesus in front of the Butler County King Pin's church on I-75.[/quote]
:lmao:

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='401884' date='Dec 5 2006, 10:29 PM']I suppose the nickname "Rocky" now refers to his favorite pastime, sitting in a rocking chair.

to see it. Oh, I can think of something even more pathetic - that statue that they put up by the art museum in Philly. That thing is cheesier than the giant Jesus in front of the Butler County King Pin's church on I-75.[/quote]
No way. Touchdown Jesus is WAY cheesier.

Guest cincybengalsnut
We are all bengal fans and this is the true eye of the tiger............ HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I can not wait for this movie to come out...... :EMOTICON BIG SMILE: I am geeked out for this flick, Its a long time coming......

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='401419' date='Dec 5 2006, 09:40 AM']It looks horrible because it goes beyond beating a dead horse...it's beating a decomposed horse at this point. I enjoy the Rocky franchise, and I'm sure I'll watch this when an opportunity presents itself, but I don't have a good feeling about this one.

And as far as the trailer and the acting, remember that the trailer for "Battlefield Earth" made that shit movie look somewhat iinteresting. And Stallone hasn't done a decent acting job since Rocky II.

"Yo Adrian!!! You should have let me quit after I beat Drago in '85."[/quote]
I'm with you, except I actually thought Stallone did a good job acting in "Stop! Or My Mom will Shoot!", er, I meant "Copland".
:lmao:
I actually think that the Rocky films were all pretty bad plot and acting-wise, but I enjoyed them for their fluff anyway, until Tommy Gunn that is.
I will not pay to see it in a theatre, and I'm awfully lukewarm about renting it. There are so many other better options out there than watching Stallone and Pauly eke out another attempt at a memorable performance.
Stallone's a really lousy actor anyway.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='402876' date='Dec 7 2006, 08:59 PM']I wonder if they will play "Your the Best Around" when he is training again but instead of raw eggs hell be drinking ensure.[/quote]
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

As a trivia question, what was Stallone's first movie that he starred in AND sang the theme song to?
(Hint: The movie was HORRIBLE! I know, all his movies are, but still...)

[quote name='Bunghole' post='402879' date='Dec 7 2006, 09:04 PM']:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

As a trivia question, what was Stallone's first movie that he starred in AND sang the theme song to?
(Hint: The movie was HORRIBLE! I know, all his movies are, but still...)[/quote]

had something to do with Dolly Parton and rhinestones from what I remember. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img]

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='402902' date='Dec 7 2006, 09:58 PM']had something to do with Dolly Parton and rhinestones from what I remember. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img][/quote]
[i]Too Close To Paradise.[/i]

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='402902' date='Dec 7 2006, 08:58 PM']had something to do with Dolly Parton and rhinestones from what I remember. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//26.gif[/img][/quote]
Maybe Stallone and Dolly can make a movie about a botoxed out Country Music singer joining the Arm-Wrestling circut and call it "Over the Tops". Come to think of it, Sly probably could compete with Dolly in a wet t-shirt contest at this point (no offense A-Men :ninja: ).

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='403109' date='Dec 8 2006, 10:15 AM']Maybe Stallone and Dolly can make a movie about a botoxed out Country Music singer joining the Arm-Wrestling circut and call it "Over the Tops". Come to think of it, Sly probably could compete with Dolly in a wet t-shirt contest at this point [b](no offense A-Men :ninja: ).[/b][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='402876' date='Dec 7 2006, 08:59 PM']I wonder if they will play "Your the Best Around" when he is training again but instead of raw eggs hell be drinking ensure.[/quote]

uhh isn't that song from Karate Kid?

Archived