Chester Taylor

Chester Taylor out of University of Toledo is a Free Agent this year. If we dont get Rudi we should try to get him. He will probably be cheap because he hasnt proven himself yet. However, he had a good year filing in for Jamal Lewis. Taylor is one of the best RBs to come out of Toledo if not the best. He might be like a Priest Holmes who was a backup for Jamal until given a chance to prove himself.

He had 5 games of over 70 rushing yards and 5 games for over 80 total yardsincluding 23 carries for 139 yards against the bengals and 25 carries for 104 yards the week after against the giants.

What do you guys think of him?

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='CJandPW' date='Jan 31 2005, 05:20 PM']Chester Taylor out of University of Toledo is a Free Agent this year.  If we dont get Rudi we should try to get him.  He will probably be cheap because he hasnt proven himself yet. However, he had a good year filing in for Jamal Lewis.  Taylor is one of the best RBs to come out of Toledo if not the best.  He might be like a Priest Holmes who was a backup for Jamal until given a chance to prove himself.

He had 5 games of over 70 rushing yards and 5 games for over 80 total yardsincluding 23 carries for 139 yards against the bengals and 25 carries for 104 yards the week after against the giants.

What do you guys think of him?
[right][post="41353"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Taylor has a similar style to Perry's. If we let Perry go then we need to get a brusier who can get the tough yards, somebody like Brandon Jacobs from SIU [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/15.gif[/img] ! Don't worry that will be my last Brandon Jacobs endorsement for the day.

Guest Matt_Six
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jan 31 2005, 05:23 PM']Taylor has a similar style to Perry's.  If we let Perry go then we need to get a brusier who can get the tough yards, somebody like Brandon Jacobs from SIU [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/15.gif[/img] !  Don't worry that will be my last Brandon Jacobs endorsement for the day.
[right][post="41358"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

if we let PERRY go?
he wont go anywhere

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Storm' date='Jan 31 2005, 06:48 PM']Chester Taylor?  you got to be kidding!  if we replace Rudi with Chester Fucking Taylor, I will have a stroke!
[right][post="41404"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Why?

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='Storm' date='Jan 31 2005, 06:51 PM']Because he sucks!  unless he's playing the Bengals D!
[right][post="41409"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

he definitely does not suck....

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='~mroby30~' date='Jan 31 2005, 07:08 PM']I agree. Bring back Rudi, everyone is alright with it now, but next year, they'll be missing rudi, ill guarantee it.
[right][post="41426"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Next year, if Rudi is signed or franchised, the Bengals will be missing a decent defense and the $8 million they spent on the franchise tag.

I'd rather miss Rudi.

We can all sit here and wonder what Marvin is going to do , but hell who knows .Look at his draft picks last year and letting Frasier go.He's very unpredictable and doesn't let information leak out. I think we let Rudi walk and find us a DT, lets give Perry, Watson, and Wilson a chance.

I don't think we'll try to get another RB in free agency if Rudi leaves...IF. But as of now that looks ot be the case, but things can change. Reason for that thought is kinda similar to Palmer/Kitna situation. I don't think we'll try to get another RB only for our 1st round RB to be sharing carries or sit on the bench, but then again, maybe Marvin would want that to see what Perry can do. But I'm really not in favor in signing Chestor Taylor if the circumstances came that we were going to sign a FA RB. It's not that I don't think he's a good back, God knows he ran all over our D.. but then again who hasn't. I just don't want any(more) Ravens. If we were to sign him and he were to be sucessful in his year(s) here, you'd hear it from the assholes of Baltimore that it was because he was a former Raven or whatever. I dunno... i think if Rudi leaves that Perry is well capable of carrying the load. But we'll see.

Archived