It's F'ing freezing

ChicagoBengal

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='437173' date='Feb 5 2007, 08:57 AM']It was 11 below zero when I left my house this morning with windchills of negative 25 to 30. At least the Bears lost, so all of the woof-woofers are staying home nursing their tattered egos and Old Style hangovers, which frees up traffic![/quote]

It's 0 degrees with a wind chill of -15 in Indy. It sucks here because now all the Colts fans will be woofing it up for the next 6 months or so about how good they are and how my Bengals suck.

Oh yeah, wind chill advisory today...I thought we were supposed to have an early spring this year?

WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES WILL CONTINUE TO BE FROM 15 TO 24 DEGREES BELOW ZERO THROUGH THE MUCH OF THE MORNING. :thumbsdown:

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='437192' date='Feb 5 2007, 08:53 AM']It's 0 degrees with a wind chill of -15 in Indy. It sucks here because now all the Colts fans will be woofing it up for the next 6 months or so about how good they are and how my Bengals suck.

Oh yeah, wind chill advisory today...I thought we were supposed to have an early spring this year?

WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES WILL CONTINUE TO BE FROM 15 TO 24 DEGREES BELOW ZERO THROUGH THE MUCH OF THE MORNING. :thumbsdown:[/quote]
It's colder up here, but due to your dealings with the locals, you win! Hang in there, Nap.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='437196' date='Feb 5 2007, 10:01 AM']It's colder up here, but due to your dealings with the locals, you win! Hang in there, Nap.[/quote]

My wife is a Colts fan :( So I not only have the locals to deal with but I have her to deal with. This isn't fair...the Bengals were supposed to win a Super Bowl before the Colts. Oh well...I know our time is coming...just got to be patient.

I don't know about you but I fell asleep during the 4th quarter of that game. I don't know how any of the Chicagoans can watch that team play. Their offense is terrible and their D is overrated. Which is why I wasn't surprised the Bengals whooped their ass last year.

Guest oldschooler
The thermometer on the front porch said it was 30 below this morning.
The TV weatherman said it was only 16 below. But that`s without the wind chill.

All the schools around here are closed for the day.

God I hate cold weather. I can`t wait til Global Warming actually starts warming this place up some...

[quote name='oldschooler' post='437200' date='Feb 5 2007, 10:09 AM']The thermometer on the front porch said it was 30 below this morning.
The TV weatherman said it was only 16 below. But that`s without the wind chill.

All the schools around here are closed for the day.

God I hate cold weather. I can`t wait til Global Warming actually starts warming this place up some...[/quote]

At least you aren't in Duluth, MN:

Right Now for
Duluth, MN

Partly Cloudy
-20°F
Feels Like
-41°F [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/40.gif[/img]

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='437204' date='Feb 5 2007, 09:18 AM']At least you aren't in Duluth, MN:

Right Now for
Duluth, MN

Partly Cloudy
-20°F
Feels Like
-41°F [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//40.gif[/img][/quote]

Not much better here.

La Crosse, Wisconsin (54601) Lat: 43.80N, Lon: 91.24W
Current Conditions
Updated: 7:53 AM CST MON FEB 5 2007 Sun & Moon Information

Fair
Temp: -16°F
Humidity: 74%
Wind Speed: CALM
Barometer: 30.59 in.
Dewpoint: -22°F
Heat Index: -16°F
Wind Chill: -16°F

No wind YET.

But I do have to put up with all the Packers fans masterbating over Brett Favre`s "return" ... :22:

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='437199' date='Feb 5 2007, 09:08 AM']My wife is a Colts fan :( So I not only have the locals to deal with but I have her to deal with. This isn't fair...the Bengals were supposed to win a Super Bowl before the Colts. Oh well...I know our time is coming...just got to be patient.

I don't know about you but I fell asleep during the 4th quarter of that game. [b]I don't know how any of the Chicagoans can watch that team play.[/b] Their offense is terrible and their D is overrated. Which is why I wasn't surprised the Bengals whooped their ass last year.[/quote]

Actually, it's because most Bears fans are retarded when it comes to their team. I actually heard Rex compared to Favre on many occasions. They put their blinders on and tend to throw logic aside, and the fact that the national media is up the ass of the Bears' franchise like a suppository doesn't help the collective intellect of their fanbase. This is why I hate the Bears more than any other sports team besides the stealers.

And as far as the weather, it's still cold here too!

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='oldschooler' post='437206' date='Feb 5 2007, 10:25 AM']Not much better here.

La Crosse, Wisconsin (54601) Lat: 43.80N, Lon: 91.24W
Current Conditions
Updated: 7:53 AM CST MON FEB 5 2007 Sun & Moon Information

Fair
Temp: -16°F
Humidity: 74%
Wind Speed: CALM
Barometer: 30.59 in.
Dewpoint: -22°F
Heat Index: -16°F
Wind Chill: -16°F

No wind YET.

But I do have to put up with all the Packers fans masterbating over Brett Favre`s "return" ... :22:[/quote]
Brett Favre is the shit.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='437244' date='Feb 5 2007, 12:45 PM']Brett Favre is the shit.[/quote]
Good to see somebody else agrees with me :headbang:

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='437173' date='Feb 5 2007, 08:57 AM']It was 11 below zero when I left my house this morning with windchills of negative 25 to 30. At least the Bears lost, so all of the woof-woofers are staying home nursing their tattered egos and Old Style hangovers, which frees up traffic![/quote]

I'm heading up to chicago on the 18th for a few days for chinese new year.... Am i going to die?

[quote name='Ben' post='437397' date='Feb 5 2007, 03:13 PM']I'm heading up to chicago for a few days for chinese new year.... Am i going to die?[/quote]
It should be a toasty 20 degrees on Friday. But the wind up here has been pretty heavy, so the chances of your demise are sadly quite possible if you dress inappropriately. Dress in layers - I recommend a burqua as well- and you should be fine.

I'm editing this since I somehow missed the specific posted date of the 18th. Prepare for tropical weather, and by tropical weather I mean pretty fucking cold.

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='schotzee' post='437277' date='Feb 5 2007, 01:38 PM']Once you are below 15 degrees does one even really notice a difference?[/quote]

A friend from Brainard, MN says yes. -20 is WAY better than -40. apparently, your cornea(s) will freeze on contact with -40 air.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='437403' date='Feb 5 2007, 04:19 PM']It should be a toasty 20 degrees on Friday. But the wind up here has been pretty heavy, so the chances of your demise are sadly quite possible if you dress inappropriately. Dress in layers - I recommend a burqua as well- and you should be fine.
I'm editing this since I somehow missed the specific posted date of the 18th. Prepare for tropical weather, and by tropical weather I mean pretty fucking cold.[/quote]

Thanks...Yeah i edited once i realized most people have no idea when chinese new year is.

[url="http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USIL0225?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared"]http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USIL...Link_undeclared[/url]

Hey...maybe it will be up into the 30's by the time i go!

my testicles are decending from my earlobes currently after coming in from the cold 2 hours ago...

also, this weather makes me 100% FOR keeping superbowls in warm weather cities.... what a miserable horrible atrocity the superbowl in cincy woulda been this year.. miserable fans, players, city. etc...

Guest schotzee
[quote name='CincyInDC' post='437406' date='Feb 5 2007, 04:21 PM']A friend from Brainard, MN says yes. -20 is WAY better than -40. apparently, your cornea(s) will freeze on contact with -40 air.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/13.gif[/img] Are you serious?Fortunately we don't see -40 around here.

So apparently Indy is getting 3-6 inches of snow today and is under a snow advisory. :blink:

[quote]A snow advisory is in effect until midnight. Between 3-6 inches of snow is expected by early tomorrow morning.[/quote]

I also saw the Cincinnati area is under a heavy snow warning...man things could get ugly here later today. :(

Archived