Dillusional Pats Fans?

Ben

I will definately give the Pats props. They are the best team in football right now. But...damn. Thisis from Lance's site...but from what i've read echoes the rest of the retard fans of theres.

[i]
The Patriots could beat any of the Great teams from the 80.

Belichick was the Defensive coordinator of the Giants. You mean to tell me he isn't smarter now than he was then? The Patriots defense would shut down Joe Morris, Ottis Anderson and cause problems for the Giants passing game. The Patriots would have trouble scoring on LT, Carson &company but if the other team only scores 3-7 points, it makes your job a lot easier. Patrios of now- 13, Giants then -7

The 85 bears had an unbelievable defense but relied on running with Sweetness. What does everyone say about Belichick, he'll take away what you do best and make you play up to your weaknesses. Without looking it up, can anyone tell me who the wide receievers were for the Bears? Besides Lance. Would you trust Jim McMahon to win a game on his own? Yeah, me neitherPatriots 14 Bears 10

The Cowboys of the Nineties would present a challenge to the Patriots because of their multi-headed attack, but if both teams are healthy, Ty Law shuts down Michael Irvin and forces Troy Aikman to beat you with Alvin Harper! Kevin Williams! Deion can only cover 1 Patriot wide receiever, they have 5, plus a rushing attack. Pats 34 Cowboys 24

The only two "era" teams that I think could beat the Patriots are the 80's Niners and the 70's Steelers. Roger Craig, Brent Jones, John Taylor, Joe Montana and Jerry Rice I think is too many weapons for the Patriots to control. Save the Colts arguments as well, because the Colts play indoors and San Francisco is known to have cold weather during football season. Plus the winds? I'd take the 49ers but it'd be extremely close. 49ers 24 Pats 21

Steelers of the 70's versus the Pats of today isn't a fair comparsion. However, for argument sake, The Steelers of the 70's have a Hall of Fame QB, RB, OL, WR, DL, LB, CB and S, I do believe. That's far too much talent for the Patriots to overcome. Plus, they played as a team and Chuck Noll was a master coach in that era. When it gets down to it, the Steelers of the 70's are the best team in the history of football. The Pats are 2nd. Don't put the Bears on that list because they won only one Super Bowl.[/i]

I don't know if they're delusional. They held the Colts, who I would argue had an offense as good as the Cowboys, to 3 points. I think the weather had a little to do with that, but still, 3 points? And they scored 41 points on the best D in the league this year. I think they could beat the 'boys.

Da bears? That I'm not so sure about. That defense was amazing, though the offense was just a little better than average. But I think Bellicheck could come up with something.

Yeah, I know it's 3 out of 4 years now, but I still can't say that they are a "dynasty", nor do I think they stack up with some of those others teams from years past. I do have to say that they do alot of stuff right in today's system with personnel, cap, etc. I think we are doing some of the same things with Marvin.

The Pats won, and it's over until next year, but.....Everyone was saying that no one had a chance against them. I say Pittsburgh could have beat them had Ben not been a rookie and had a "rookie day" against them. Hell, we should have beat them. Philly had their chance yesterday and McNabb just wasn't on target and made some bad decisions. It was only a 3 point game and they didn't cover the spread.

Whatever....we are next anyway!

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='Ben' date='Feb 7 2005, 01:14 PM']I will definately give the Pats props.  They are the best team in football right now.  But...damn.  Thisis from Lance's site...but from what i've read echoes the rest of the retard fans of theres.
[i]
The Patriots could beat any of the Great teams from the 80.

Belichick was the Defensive coordinator of the Giants. You mean to tell me he isn't smarter now than he was then? The Patriots defense would shut down Joe Morris, Ottis Anderson and cause problems for the Giants passing game. The Patriots would have trouble scoring on LT, Carson &company but if the other team only scores 3-7 points, it makes your job a lot easier. Patrios of now- 13, Giants then -7

The 85 bears had an unbelievable defense but relied on running with Sweetness. What does everyone say about Belichick, he'll take away what you do best and make you play up to your weaknesses. Without looking it up, can anyone tell me who the wide receievers were for the Bears? Besides Lance. Would you trust Jim McMahon to win a game on his own? Yeah, me neitherPatriots 14 Bears 10

The Cowboys of the Nineties would present a challenge to the Patriots because of their multi-headed attack, but if both teams are healthy, Ty Law shuts down Michael Irvin and forces Troy Aikman to beat you with Alvin Harper! Kevin Williams! Deion can only cover 1 Patriot wide receiever, they have 5, plus a rushing attack. Pats 34 Cowboys 24

The only two "era" teams that I think could beat the Patriots are the 80's Niners and the 70's Steelers. Roger Craig, Brent Jones, John Taylor, Joe Montana and Jerry Rice I think is too many weapons for the Patriots to control. Save the Colts arguments as well, because the Colts play indoors and San Francisco is known to have cold weather during football season. Plus the winds? I'd take the 49ers but it'd be extremely close. 49ers 24 Pats 21

Steelers of the 70's versus the Pats of today isn't a fair comparsion. However, for argument sake, The Steelers of the 70's have a Hall of Fame QB, RB, OL, WR, DL, LB, CB and S, I do believe. That's far too much talent for the Patriots to overcome. Plus, they played as a team and Chuck Noll was a master coach in that era. When it gets down to it, the Steelers of the 70's are the best team in the history of football. The Pats are 2nd. Don't put the Bears on that list because they won only one Super Bowl.[/i]
[right][post="43953"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

This is total b.s., has anyone seen the Pats SuperBowl victories?? The Pats have won 3 SuperBowls by field goals, not a single blowout yet. The Cowboys destroyed teams as did the 85' Bears. To say that NE would have no problem stopping Payton and Emmitt in their prime is spectulative at best. The Cowboys had one of the best offenses in NFL football history, they can't just assume the Pats defense would have shut them down. The Pats are a dynasty but I don't think they would beat any of the great dynasty teams from the past.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Feb 7 2005, 04:14 PM']This is total b.s., has anyone seen the Pats SuperBowl victories??  The Pats have won 3 SuperBowls by field goals, not a single blowout yet.  The Cowboys destroyed teams as did the 85' Bears.  To say that NE would have no problem stopping Payton and Emmitt in their prime is spectulative at best.  The Cowboys had one of the best offenses in NFL football history, they can't just assume the Pats defense would have shut them down.  The Pats are a dynasty but I don't think they would beat any of the great dynasty teams from the past.
[right][post="43983"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Do you think the 90's Cowboy's offense is better than this years Colts offense?

The Pats shut them down, so why not the Cowboys?

But we'll never know.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='Jason' date='Feb 7 2005, 03:52 PM']Do you think the 90's Cowboy's offense is better than this years Colts offense?

The Pats shut them down, so why not the Cowboys?

But we'll never know.
[right][post="43997"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I would say the Cowboys would get the nod because of their offensive line, Stepnoskwi, Newton, Allen,.... were all beast, beast I say. All you would need to do is ask Barry Sanders how good the Cowboys line was, I say they might have had one of the best lines ever. They paved the way for Emmitt's records, without that o-line Emmitt not close to getting that record. If you put Sanders with the Cowboys line he would have been close to Payton's record before he retired. It's hard to put the Colts offense up their with the 'Boys, the 'Boys won when it counted. The Colts play well during the regular season but when they have to go to Foxboro, shit gets a little fuzzy. If they didn't have to play the Pats in the playoffs they might

For the Colts to be ranked as one of the best ever they would have had to won a SuperBowl, that's why Steve Young got more recognizition than Marino when they were both elected to the hof. Marino had much better numbers and is considered a better qb by most, but he never won the big game and that will stay with him forever. He has the numbers to be considered a top 3 all-time qb, but not winning a SuperBowl will keep him from making that list.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Feb 7 2005, 05:21 PM']I would say the Cowboys would get the nod because of their offensive line, Stepnoskwi, Newton, Allen,.... were all beast, beast I say.  All you would need to do is ask Barry Sanders how good the Cowboys line was, I say they might have had one of the best lines ever.  They paved the way for Emmitt's records, without that o-line Emmitt not close to getting that record.  If you put Sanders with the Cowboys line he would have been close to Payton's record before he retired.  It's hard to put the Colts offense up their with the 'Boys, the 'Boys won when it counted.  The Colts play well during the regular season but when they have to go to Foxboro, shit gets a little fuzzy.  If they didn't have to play the Pats in the playoffs they might

For the Colts to be ranked as one of the best ever they would have had to won a SuperBowl, that's why Steve Young got more recognizition than Marino when they were both elected to the hof.  Marino had much better numbers and is considered a better qb by most, but he never won the big game and that will stay with him forever.  He has the numbers to be considered a top 3 all-time qb, but not winning a SuperBowl will keep him from making that list.
[right][post="44006"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You judge a TEAM by how many championships it won. You judge an offense by how many points and yards it generated. I agree that the Cowboys O-line is one of the best ever. But how many points and yards did they generate?

The Cowboys best year was 5824 yards and 435 points.

The Colts best was 6475 yards and 522 points.

Better at both. And considering the Cowboys had a better D, and their O had more chances as a result, I'd say the Colts O was better.

And the Pats stuffed them.

Guest OSUBengal
[quote name='Jason' date='Feb 7 2005, 07:18 PM']You judge a TEAM by how many championships it won.  You judge an offense by how many points and yards it generated.  I agree that the Cowboys O-line is one of the best ever.  But how many points and yards did they generate?

The Cowboys best year was 5824 yards and 435 points.

The Colts best was 6475 yards and 522 points.

Better at both.  And considering the Cowboys had a better D, and their O had more chances as a result, I'd say the Colts O was better.

And the Pats stuffed them.
[right][post="44049"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

yes but because Dallas had a better D, they played more ball control than the Colts do. They don't have to score a lot of points to win. The Colts air it out because their defense can't keep other teams from scoring.

Also, the better Dallas D would keep the Patriots O in check.

I'd take my chances against the Pats with my Redskins teams from 1982, 83, 87 or 1991.
The Hogs, The Diesel, The Counter-Trey when it was a unique play, Darrel Green when he was young, Dexter Manley before cocaine, Charles Mann, Charlie Brown, Art Monk, Doug Williams, Joe Theismann (yes, HIM!), the list goes on...they were a great team of the 80's that could beat the Patriots. They won Superbowls in 1982, 1987 and 1991, and were the runner-up in 1983, not to mention a host of playoff apperances in between. Yet they never get mentioned with the "best" teams...pisses me off... <_<

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Feb 8 2005, 11:42 AM']I'd take my chances against the Pats with my Redskins teams from 1982, 83, 87 or 1991.
The Hogs, The Diesel, The Counter-Trey when it was a unique play, Darrel Green when he was young, Dexter Manley before cocaine, Charles Mann, Charlie Brown, Art Monk, Doug Williams, Joe Theismann (yes, HIM!), the list goes on...they were a great team of the 80's that could beat the Patriots.  They won Superbowls in 1982, 1987 and 1991, and were the runner-up in 1983, not to mention a host of playoff apperances in between.  Yet they never get mentioned with the "best" teams...pisses me off... <_<
[right][post="44218"][/post][/right][/quote]

I would say those Redskins teams compare with the Pats the most out of all the great teams in the NFL. The Redskins won with a system and it seemed like they can plug anyone in there and they won, just like the Pats.

Guest mongoloido
Posted this in another thread. Pats fans should be happy with what they have accomplished in the modern era of football. However, to believe they could match up against the greatest teams from the pre salary cap/pre free agency eras is just nuts. The 70's Steelers and 90's Cowboys would steamroll over the Pats. There was simply too much talent on those teams (not to mention coaches just as good as the Pats coaches) for the Pats to stand up against. Aikman said it himself last week that. His Cowboys were so stocked with talent, they had second and third stringers stepping in for injured starters, and going to the pro bowl.

Archived