Tell me again how Al Qaeda's targets are not legitimate Military targets for a group at war with the U.S. ?

Guest BlackJesus

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is a large world trade center which primarily coordinates that nations trade a legitimate military target ?

• Yes
    • Sort of - it is a gray area
    • No --- (Please explain below)
    • This would only be a legitimate target for us - we have different rules
  2. 2. Does the fact that the WTC had FBI offices inside make this a legitimate military target for a group at war with the U.S. ?

• Yes
  3. 3. Is a naval warship of another nation thousands of miles away from their host nation sitting off the coast of your nation a legitimate military target ?

• Yes
  4. 4. Are the foreign embassies of a nation you are at war with a legitimate military target ?

• Yes
  5. 5. Is the military barracks of a nation you are at war with a legitimate military target ?

• Yes
  6. 6. Is the military control center of a nation you are at war with a legitimate military target ?

• Yes
  7. 7. During WWII would the U.S. have been justified in attacking a German warship off the coast of Mexico ?

• Yes
    • No, this would be terrorism
  8. 8. During WWII would the U.S. have been justified in attacking a large world financial trading center in Berlin ?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. During WWII would the U.S. have been justified in attacking the German Nazi embassies in Cuba and Mexico ?

• Yes
  10. 10. During WWII would the U.S. have been justified in attacking the German military control center in Berlin ?

• Yes
  11. 11. During WWII would the U.S. have been justified in attacking the German military barracks in France ?

• Yes
  12. 12. Does the killing of innocent bystandards in a close vicinity of a target make such an act "Terrorism" ?

• Yes - killing anyone is Terrorism
    • No - some targets are legitimate
  13. 13. Is a declared enemy of the U.S. allowed to attack the U.S. ?

• Yes
    • No, only we can attack - if they attack they are terrorists
    • Yes, but we reserve the right to classify them as Terrorists and us not
    • Nobody attacks Uncle Sam dammit ... this is Jesus' land !

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='444164' date='Feb 22 2007, 11:42 AM'][color="#0000FF"][b]Should a nation be able to carpet bomb and invade a nation of 25 million people ... to capture 1 brutal former allie Tyrant that we thik is a threat ?[/quote]

No

[quote]how about ...

Should a nation be able to carpet bomb and invae a nation because that nation possess a small camp of some people we think are terrorists ? [/color]:crazy:[/quote]

No, carpet bombing should not be done imo...

[quote]- What proportion or % of the assumed target is acceptable ?[/quote]you avoid as many as possible, but this is a question that depends on the target...

[quote]- What you don't realize is that your argument supports me premise .... I don't think the WTC attacks were ok ... nor the invasion of Iraq .... you are the inconsistent one. [/b][/quote]

i'll call a spade a spade... anyone willing to make this arguement has to be questioned on their true loyalities... you are making that arguement that the WTC is a valid military target... under the same context, one could advocate nuking the entire mid east because the majority of them are our enemies would be a valid rationale... hense why i think this post is as ridiculous as you reading a post from someone saying to nuke iraq... both are in about the same category...

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='bengalrick' post='444173' date='Feb 22 2007, 11:54 AM']No, carpet bombing should not be done imo...[/quote]

[b][color="#0000FF"]--->[/color] [url="http://deoxy.org/wc/wc-myth.htm"]U.S. Bombing:The Myth of Surgical Bombing in the Gulf War[/url]

[size=4]= In a few days ... 3,000 U.S. bombs were dropped on metropolitan Baghdad alone.[/size]

In 45 days = The total number of bombs dropped by allied forces in the war comes to about 250,000.[/b]

[quote name='bengalrick' post='444173' date='Feb 22 2007, 11:54 AM']anyone willing to make this arguement has to be questioned on their true loyalities...[/quote]

[b]Fuck you ... my loyalties do not lie with Al Qaeda .... how many times do I have to repeat this ... [u]I hate Osama and I hate Al Qaeda = just as much as I hate Bush ! [/u]

:contract: = I have no desire to see Al Qaeda pull off any attacks in America ... I have no desire to see Al Qaeda pull off one single attack .... = Just like I wish the US govt would stop emptying our treasury to carry out attacks which have killed and will kill thousands of innocent people and are not even effective - but just create more enemies. [/b]

[quote name='bengalrick' post='444173' date='Feb 22 2007, 11:54 AM']you are making that arguement that the WTC is a valid military target...[/quote]

[b]NO I AM NOT !!!! .... I am saying that ----> :contract: [color="#2E8B57"][size=3]IF OURS ARE VALID TARGETS = THEN THEIRS ARE.

= BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE OURS ARE >>> OR THEIRS.[/size][/color]

Why is this so hard to grasp ??? [/b]

[quote name='bengalrick' post='444173' date='Feb 22 2007, 11:54 AM']one could advocate nuking the entire mid east because the majority of them are our enemies[/quote]

[b]Yeah they could and they would be insane (a GOP member has talked about nuking Mecca already).

~ Also I don't believe the majority of them are our enemies. I think a very small number of them who have twisted Islam are our enemies .... and the rest are people who are frustrated that we keep invading them and killing them for the black goop under the ground. They see our hypocrosy. and how we snuggle up with the House of Saud, overthrow Mossadeq, .... and then talk about the importance of democracy in Iraq. :crazy: :crazy: [/b]

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA' post='444056' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:32 AM']Some very good points from a timely movie. While Bush is (illegally) allowing the eavesdropping upon America's citizenry we are all still here discussing the ills of of our government. None of us have been spirited away in the night. We're still here bitching away and insulting each other.

I had the oppurtunity to spend some time in the second oldest republic in the western hemisphere. There was (and probably still is) a period of time when talking ill of the government would get you stoned to death, chopped to death with a machete, or a trip to a place called the 'Killing Fields.' Although, I doubt that is what the locals called it. I've seen the bleached bones scattered on the ground for myself. The bullet hole in the skull. Personally, I think they made a half-assed attempt to clean up the bones. But they didn't think to clean up the [i]shoes.[/i] There were hundreds of shoes. Among them, I found a pair of baby's shoes.

[b]Yes, there are lots of things which need to be improved in America. In my opinion, there are many more things which are right.[/b][/quote]

Agreed but we cant be quiet on the things we do wrong either.

Guest LoyalFanInGA

Hey, Sir Mix-a-Lot...kick it. :2rave:

[b][i]"Oh...my...Gawd, Becky! Look at his plan! It's just so...dumb."[/i][/b] :dance:

It's secong only to "Stay the course" in its level of stupidity :wuh: ...if you have American interests in mind. :wub:

I laughed my ass off after reading that plan. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] I must admit, later I felt kinda ashamed. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img] As if I had just caught myself pointing and laughing at the kid who had just got off the short bus. That plan is pathetic. I hope the money you are wasting in your quest for three initials after your name isn't state or federally funded.

I'm not going to get into an extended debate about your plan...your baby. It would be as productive as telling you that your kid is ugly. Hell, you probably still have the stretch marks from birthing that giant turd.

:meatwad:

Some points you might want to rethink:

1.) Allowing Iran to annex the southern oilfields of Iraq and control the port city of Basra strengthens Iran's influence in so many ways which I don't want to expand upon for brevities sake. Suffice it to say this is bad for American interests. :(

2a.) Your beloved Kurdistan, the mouse that roared, would have their northern oilfields seized by Turkey...without US intervention. :1441: To prevent this scenario would require permanent US occupation. In effect, you're creating an occupied country analogous to South Korea.

2b.) Another occupied Middle Eastern, Muslim country? Great. :wacko: This lays the foundation for the creation of another Osama. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//42.gif[/img] (Osama set out upon his path simple because there were American boots in his holy land. Not because the American government was in control of the country like the British Empire during the American Revolution. Comparing the militamen and the Continental Army to Al-Qaeda isn't an apples to apples comparison.) :boese035:

2c) In 20,30, maybe 40 years time we would have to read you whine about, [b][i]"We created, armed, and trained them. It's our own damn fault they are using it against us."[/i][/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//31.gif[/img]

3.) Kurdistan would be entirely land-locked and their oil based economy would have to pipe their oil through Turkey, Saudia Arabia, or the recently expanded Iran. This would only be a problem for Kurdistan until one of their stronger neighbors seized their oilfields. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//12.gif[/img]

4.) The central Sunni/Shia no man's land would only destabilize the region further. :1287:

Talk to Ed Begley, Jr. about developing practical, alternative fuel sources and then we can entirely ignore the region, just like Rwanda. :ninja:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img] out

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='444164' date='Feb 22 2007, 11:42 AM'][color="#0000FF"][b]Should a nation be able to carpet bomb and invade a nation of 25 million people ... to capture 1 brutal former allie Tyrant that we think is a threat ?

how about ...

Should a nation be able to carpet bomb and invade a nation because that nation possess a small camp of some people we think are terrorists ? [/color]
:crazy:

- What proportion or % of the assumed target is acceptable ?
- What you don't realize is that your argument supports my premise .... I don't think the WTC attacks were ok ... nor the invasion of Iraq .... you are the inconsistent one. [/b][/quote]

Exactly what highly populated area did we carpet bomb? The only place I can remember the U.S. carpet bombing was Taliban military targets in northern Afghanistan...but I guess that does'nt serve your purpose of defaming the U.S.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='444188' date='Feb 22 2007, 12:09 PM'][b][color="#0000FF"]--->[/color] [url="http://deoxy.org/wc/wc-myth.htm"]U.S. Bombing:The Myth of Surgical Bombing in the Gulf War[/url]

[size=4]= In a few days ... 3,000 U.S. bombs were dropped on metropolitan Baghdad alone.[/size]

In 45 days = The total number of bombs dropped by allied forces in the war comes to about 250,000.[/b]
[b]Fuck you ... my loyalties do not lie with Al Qaeda .... how many times do I have to repeat this ... [u]I hate Osama and I hate Al Qaeda = just as much as I hate Bush ! [/u]

:contract: = I have no desire to see Al Qaeda pull off any attacks in America ... I have no desire to see Al Qaeda pull off one single attack .... = Just like I wish the US govt would stop emptying our treasury to carry out attacks which have killed and will kill thousands of innocent people and are not even effective - but just create more enemies. [/b]
[b]NO I AM NOT !!!! .... I am saying that ----> :contract: [color="#2E8B57"][size=3]IF OURS ARE VALID TARGETS = THEN THEIRS ARE.

[b]Yeah they could and they would be insane (a GOP member has talked about nuking Mecca already).

~ Also I don't believe the majority of them are our enemies. I think a very small number of them who have twisted Islam are our enemies .... and the rest are people who are frustrated that we keep invading them and killing them for the black goop under the ground. They see our hypocrosy. and how we snuggle up with the House of Saud, overthrow Mossadeq, .... and then talk about the importance of democracy in Iraq. :crazy: :crazy: [/b][/quote]
If you think just quoting what you think is a high number of bombs in a few days time is carpet bombing....then you are sadly mistaken.

When you get your doctorate of military tactics and statistics come back and educate us some more....

Exactly how many bombs is considered a carpet bomb...how many of the bombs you stated were unguided????

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='444188' date='Feb 22 2007, 12:09 PM'][b][color="#0000FF"]--->[/color] [url="http://deoxy.org/wc/wc-myth.htm"]U.S. Bombing:The Myth of Surgical Bombing in the Gulf War[/url]

In 45 days = The total number of bombs dropped by allied forces in the war comes to about 250,000.[/b][/quote]

i know.. you've pointed that out in the past, and never have i said "well gee golly... we should have dropped more!!"...

[quote][b]Fuck you ... my loyalties do not lie with Al Qaeda .... how many times do I have to repeat this ... [u]I hate Osama and I hate Al Qaeda = just as much as I hate Bush ! [/u][/quote]

you are giving justification to what happened to the towers.. i personally don't think your loyalities lie w/ AQ, but fuck you for not realizing the limb you are putting yourself on, and fuck you for not realizing you are calling those that died in the WTC attacks the enemy... you don't get that?

[quote]:contract: = I have no desire to see Al Qaeda pull off any attacks in America ... I have no desire to see Al Qaeda pull off one single attack .... = Just like I wish the US govt would stop emptying our treasury to carry out attacks which have killed and will kill thousands of innocent people and are not even effective - but just create more enemies. [/b][/quote]

but you can see why they would do it, right? and who is doing all the killing right now? is it americans killing iraqis or iraqis killing iraqis?

[quote][b]NO I AM NOT !!!! .... I am saying that ----> :contract: [color="#2E8B57"][size=3]IF OURS ARE VALID TARGETS = THEN THEIRS ARE.

~ Also I don't believe the majority of them are our enemies. I think a very small number of them who have twisted Islam are our enemies .... and the rest are people who are frustrated that we keep invading them and killing them for the black goop under the ground. They see our hypocrosy. and how we snuggle up with the House of Saud, overthrow Mossadeq, .... and then talk about the importance of democracy in Iraq. :crazy: :crazy: [/b][/quote]

you are saying "since there was at least one valid target in the WTC, that everyone in there is justified in the 'war against the west' because they we kill innocent people too sometimes."

you don't get it... you keep saying "but we are doing it too" and i am saying "we are both wrong"... and i'm the hypocrite because 4 years ago i thought it was the best chance we had?

Guest LoyalFanInGA

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='444201' date='Feb 22 2007, 12:28 PM']Agreed but we cant be quiet on the things we do wrong either.[/quote]
:headbang:

Agreed

If you will revist "Fourteen years without freedom of speech" you'll see that I've spoken out. I've put my ass where my values and morals are and left the Army because I disagreed with what went down.

Speaking out is one thing...and I can respect that. But, this thread isn't about speaking out. It's about rhetoric, an agenda, beating a dead horse.

Ever have an annoying fly buzzing around your ear?

Bzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzz Bzz Bzz BzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzz bzzzzzzzz bzz Bzzzzzzzz
BzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

bzzzz.......

[b]GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IS THE FUCKING FLY SWATTER??? FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY WILL SOMEONE PLEASE SHUT THAT LITTLE FUCKING ANNOYING FLY UP?[/b]

Somehow the fly has turned into the 300lbs gorilla sitting in the room you can no longer ignore.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA' post='444048' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:08 AM']You are a Ph.D. candidate in the international conflict analysis program writing your doctoral thesis on Kurdistan and this is your plan?[/quote]

[b]Umm well actually my plan is much more in depth .... I was not offering up this as "My plan" ... but a heavily condensed version of what I deem the only viable option in Iraq at present (In a situation thatis already FUBAR)[/b]

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA' post='444048' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:08 AM']Allow fundmentalist Iran to annex southern Iraq which would allow them to border the more moderate countries of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.[/quote]

[b]What the fuck are you talking about ? Damn some people have no knowledge of the Middle East ....

= Iran is one of the most democratic countries in the non democratic middle east. Saudi Arabia is a monarchy with one ruling house of Saud. Jordan is ran by King Hussein .... Egypt by a brutal dictator Musharaff. In Iran they have a constitution ... women work and have many more rights than in most of the Mid East ... Hell they allow Jewish representation in their own parliament !!!

Tehran has 13 active Synagogues ... while in Saudi Arabia they would be burned down.

Saudi Arabia by comparison is about 4 centuries behind. Women in Saudi Arabia are not allowed to drive ... show their necks in public, work, and illegal for them to have even basic rights.

The reality is actually the other way around .... = We would have Moderate Iran = bordering the pro Wahabist state of Saudi Arabia (Where did those supposed hijackers come from again ? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img])

:contract: Also Do you have any idea how any of these nations even came to be ???

[color="#0000FF"][size=3]THERE IS NO FUCKING IRAQ historically !!![/size][/color]

[color="#0000FF"]Churchill made the shit up on a map[/color] :crazy: .... and in doing that screwed over the Kurds who were promised their own state after WWI.

Nearly all of the Middle East was just made up from thin air by European powers, based off of colonial interests and claims !!! WE ALREADY PLAYED RISK TO GET WHERE WE ARE NOW !!![/b]

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA' post='444048' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:08 AM']And establish Kurdistan between Syria, Iran, and the cental no man's land.[/quote]

[b]The Kurds would be the best allie the U.S. ever had in the Mid East. Hell they still believe we are some of those noble lies we claim to be. They would gladly let us relocate all of our bases to their nation. And we could stop relying on Turkey where 90 % of the population hates Americas guts (more than anywhere in the Middle East). [/b]

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA' post='444048' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:08 AM']I suggest you purchase a board game called "RISK."[/quote]

[b][size=5]The Armed Forces Journal in June 2006 already has proposed the "Plan" of Risk ...[/size][/b]

[center][img]http://www.oilempire.us/graphics/afj.peters_map_before.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.oilempire.us/graphics/afj.peters_map_after.JPG[/img][/center]

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA' post='444237' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:20 PM']:headbang:

Agreed

If you will revist "Fourteen years without freedom of speech" you'll see that I've spoken out. I've put my ass where my values and morals are and left the Army because I disagreed with what went down.

Speaking out is one thing...and I can respect that. But, this thread isn't about speaking out. It's about rhetoric, an agenda, beating a dead horse.

Ever have an annoying fly buzzing around your ear?

Bzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzz Bzz Bzz BzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzz bzzzzzzzz bzz Bzzzzzzzz
BzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz
bzzzz.......

[b]GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IS THE FUCKING FLY SWATTER??? FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY WILL SOMEONE PLEASE SHUT THAT LITTLE FUCKING ANNOYING FLY UP?[/b]

Somehow the fly has turned into the 300lbs gorilla sitting in the room you can no longer ignore.[/quote]

:lol:

Maybe we shouldnt have fed that fly so much damed food to turn it into that 300lb gorillia. ;)

[quote]Iran is one of the most democratic countries in the non democratic middle east. Saudi Arabia is a monarchy with one ruling house of Saud. Jordan is ran by King Hussein .... Egypt by a brutal dictator Musharaff. In Iran they have a constitution ... women work and have many more rights than in most of the Mid East ... Hell they allow Jewish representation in their own parliament !!![/quote]

98% agree with you here, except at the top (think Ayatollah Khamenei not the president) they are indeed a democracy elected by the people. Ayatollah Khamenei was president once but was elected Supreme Leader by the Assembly of Experts. (Which are elected by the people), so yes its semantics on that point.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='444262' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:57 PM']98% agree with you here, except at the top (think Ayatollah Khamenei not the president) they are indeed a democracy elected by the people. Ayatollah Khamenei was president once but was elected Supreme Leader by the Assembly of Experts. (Which are elected by the people), so yes its semantics on that point.[/quote]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/94/Schema_gvt_iran_en.png[/img]

supreme leader is not elected by the people, and since he has to approve anyone that runs, iran only looks something like a democracy... but unless you are down w/ khamenei, you are fucked...

unless you think that the assembly of experts looks after and has the power to punish the supreme leader, it is essentially a dictatorship... i personally don't think that the supreme leader has anyone of consiquence to worry about...

<edit> i see you wrote "its only semantics at this point" so i guess you realize this.. however if you do, why do you agree 98% with what he said? how is this a democracy?

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='bengalrick' post='444281' date='Feb 22 2007, 02:23 PM']how is this a democracy?[/quote]

:EMOTICON ANGRY:

[color="#0000FF"][b]I never said IT FUCKING WAS !!!

HOLY FUCK WHY CAN"T PEOPLE READ !!!! [/color]

I said it was one of the most democratic in a very undemocratic middle east !!! Big difference !!!

In comparison to allowing the sheiks and royal families and military Juntas that rule most of the Middle East .... + Iran with a Constitution and many more rights for women etc ... = IS not this hotbed of Islamic fascism that some claim - especially in the context I spoke on which was in comparison to Saudi Arabia. [/b]

No one seems to get that BJ needs to hint at and make it appear that Iran has some sort of a democracy to lend credence to his arguments...instead of just straight out calling it what it is...a dictatorship.

I can tell girls I drive a Vette all the time...I just leave off the Chev....

for those born after 1984...Chevvette...

Guest LoyalFanInGA
Can you believe the impeccable timing?

[url="http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editorial.dll?pnum=1&bfromind=2219&eeid=5132353&_sitecat=1505&dcatid=0&eetype=article&render=y&ac=-2&ck=&ch=ne&rg=blsadstrgt"]http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editorial.dll?...p;rg=blsadstrgt[/url]
[quote]Egyptian Blogger Gets 4 Years in Prison

Published: 2/22/07, 2:46 PM EDT
By NADIA ABOU EL-MAGD

ALEXANDRIA, Egypt (AP) - An Egyptian blogger was convicted Thursday and sentenced to four years in prison for insulting Islam and Egypt's president, sending a chill through fellow Internet writers who fear a government crackdown[/quote]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='444301' date='Feb 22 2007, 02:47 PM']And I agree with that.[/quote]

i agree also..

my point is that the solviet union was more of a democratic society than nazi germany...

in other words, who cares?

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='LoyalFanInGA' post='444322' date='Feb 22 2007, 03:17 PM']Can you believe the impeccable timing?[/quote]

[center][img]http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/03/images/20020305-18-1.jpg[/img][/center]

[b]Yeah Egypt .... Strong US allie ... who the U.S. dumps billions into propping up Mubarraks government.

Also one of the only Arab regimes to recognize Israel against the wishes of their people.

The U.S. could care less about Democracy .... we want order ... and someone who will bow to our wishes when asked and allow our business interests for some skimmed off the top.

[color="#FF0000"]Hence the entire Iraq experiment is a scam ! and had nothing to do with democracy. [/b][/color]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='bengalrick' post='444323' date='Feb 22 2007, 03:18 PM']my point is that the solviet union was more of a democratic society than nazi germany...

in other words, who cares?[/quote]

[b]so who wants to be the one to tell him we allied with the Soviet Union [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

... and they took the 10 million casualties to defeat Hitler that America would not have had the stomach for ? [/b]

Guest LoyalFanInGA
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='444243' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:32 PM'][b]What the fuck are you talking about ? Damn some people have no knowledge of the Middle East ....

= Iran is one of the most democratic countries in the non democratic middle east. Saudi Arabia is a monarchy with one ruling house of Saud. Jordan is ran by King Hussein .... Egypt by a brutal dictator Musharaff. In Iran they have a constitution ... women work and have many more rights than in most of the Mid East ... Hell they allow Jewish representation in their own parliament !!!

Tehran has 13 active Synagogues ... while in Saudi Arabia they would be burned down.

Saudi Arabia by comparison is about 4 centuries behind. Women in Saudi Arabia are not allowed to drive ... show their necks in public, work, and illegal for them to have even basic rights.

The reality is actually the other way around .... = We would have Moderate Iran = bordering the pro Wahabist state of Saudi Arabia (Where did those supposed hijackers come from again ? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]) [/b][/quote]

I stand corrected. You are right. I should have used "anti-American" rather than "fundamentalist." The verbiage is very important.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='444328' date='Feb 22 2007, 02:23 PM'][b]so who wants to be the one to tell him we allied with the Soviet Union [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]
... and they took the 10 million casualties to defeat Hitler that America would not have had the stomach for ? [/b][/quote]

10 million military. Plus around 10 million civilian.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='444298' date='Feb 22 2007, 02:42 PM']No one seems to get that BJ needs to hint at and make it appear that Iran has some sort of a democracy to lend credence to his arguments...instead of just straight out calling it what it is...a dictatorship.[/quote]

[b]See even though I disagree with guys like LoyalGafan .... and Actium, etc etc = at least they can process information and make a concise rebuttal. Dipshits like you on the otherhand .... have shown very little ability to do so.

Do you have any idea how many Dictatorships that U.S. is allied with ???

Are you aware of how many democratic governments the U.S. has overthrown to install dictatorships ? (Hell look at Iran under Mossadeq)

Our only allies in the Middle East are dictatorships you dumbshit ![/b]

[quote name='bengalrick' post='444323' date='Feb 22 2007, 03:18 PM']i agree also..

my point is that the solviet union was more of a democratic society than nazi germany...

in other words, who cares?[/quote]

Not me. What right to we have to be going around forcefully installing new goverments anyway? Its working so well in Iraq dont you think?

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='444328' date='Feb 22 2007, 03:23 PM'][b]so who wants to be the one to tell him we allied with the Soviet Union [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]
... and they took the 10 million casualties to defeat Hitler that America would not have had the stomach for ? [/b][/quote]

you don't have to tell me that.. i know full well why we won wwII and that we allied w/ stalin, who in his own right, might have been worse than hitler if given the power he was...

but again, you are changing the topic to fit a topic that better suits what you want everyone to think...

Archived