Tell me again how Al Qaeda's targets are not legitimate Military targets for a group at war with the U.S. ?

Guest BlackJesus

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is a large world trade center which primarily coordinates that nations trade a legitimate military target ?

• Yes
    • Sort of - it is a gray area
    • No --- (Please explain below)
    • This would only be a legitimate target for us - we have different rules
  2. 2. Does the fact that the WTC had FBI offices inside make this a legitimate military target for a group at war with the U.S. ?

• Yes
  3. 3. Is a naval warship of another nation thousands of miles away from their host nation sitting off the coast of your nation a legitimate military target ?

• Yes
  4. 4. Are the foreign embassies of a nation you are at war with a legitimate military target ?

• Yes
  5. 5. Is the military barracks of a nation you are at war with a legitimate military target ?

• Yes
  6. 6. Is the military control center of a nation you are at war with a legitimate military target ?

• Yes
  7. 7. During WWII would the U.S. have been justified in attacking a German warship off the coast of Mexico ?

• Yes
    • No, this would be terrorism
  8. 8. During WWII would the U.S. have been justified in attacking a large world financial trading center in Berlin ?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. During WWII would the U.S. have been justified in attacking the German Nazi embassies in Cuba and Mexico ?

• Yes
  10. 10. During WWII would the U.S. have been justified in attacking the German military control center in Berlin ?

• Yes
  11. 11. During WWII would the U.S. have been justified in attacking the German military barracks in France ?

• Yes
  12. 12. Does the killing of innocent bystandards in a close vicinity of a target make such an act "Terrorism" ?

• Yes - killing anyone is Terrorism
    • No - some targets are legitimate
  13. 13. Is a declared enemy of the U.S. allowed to attack the U.S. ?

• Yes
    • No, only we can attack - if they attack they are terrorists
    • Yes, but we reserve the right to classify them as Terrorists and us not
    • Nobody attacks Uncle Sam dammit ... this is Jesus' land !

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='444425' date='Feb 22 2007, 04:44 PM']Not at all....If their current leadership keeps going down their current path...the people of Iran might just do it themselves...
Could not agree more.....[b]but the question is..will Iran budge.[/b] My feeling is that their next desire is for control of Iraq's oil and other resources.[/quote]

Who know's According to Powell, Bush wolnt talk to them remember?

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=28226"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=28226[/url]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='444413' date='Feb 22 2007, 04:33 PM']My desired results with Iran is peacefull negotiation in which if they must have nuclear technology they allow open inspections (and not like Iraq did) by the UN to make sure they arent turning that into weapons. War should not happen. Their form of goverment means nothing to me, thus why fight them to change it?

Im not following what your desired results are.[/quote]

i thought you were implying what my desired results are when you said: [i]I think where you lost me is what [b]your[/b] desired result are in Iran.[/i]

reguardless, i agree w/ your best case scenario... but what happens if iran says "no UN inspectors are allowed in?" what then? can we still just say the bland response of "well, we want peace no matter what"

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='444428' date='Feb 22 2007, 04:47 PM']Who know's According to Powell, Bush wolnt talk to them remember?

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=28226"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=28226[/url][/quote]

Maybe Powell knows what he is talking about, maybe he does'nt...but remember Powell is currently on the outside looking in.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='444432' date='Feb 22 2007, 04:50 PM']i thought you were implying what my desired results are when you said: [i]I think where you lost me is what [b]your[/b] desired result are in Iran.[/i]

reguardless, i agree w/ your best case scenario... but what happens if iran says "no UN inspectors are allowed in?" what then? can we still just say the bland response of "well, we want peace no matter what"[/quote]

That was what I was implying, I was asking what YOUR desired results were. Im not following you on what your desired results have to do with Germany and the USSR.

As far as the 2nd part, see my last post.

And to the "well, we want peace no matter what"...thats not what Im saying at all, Im just scared to death of the few around here that are so quick to make it the answer.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='444439' date='Feb 22 2007, 04:54 PM']Maybe Powell knows what he is talking about, maybe he does'nt...but remember Powell is currently on the outside looking in.[/quote]

Currently, but you have to say his opinion holds weight given his former job title under this administration.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='444425' date='Feb 22 2007, 03:44 PM']Not at all....If their current leadership keeps going down their current path...the people of Iran might just do it themselves...[/quote]

No, they won't. They'll talk and talk and not do anything but wear their Che t-shirts (sort of like over here).

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='444442' date='Feb 22 2007, 04:56 PM']That was what I was implying, I was asking what YOUR desired results were. Im not following you on what your desired results have to do with Germany and the USSR.
As far as the 2nd part, see my last post.

And to the "well, we want peace no matter what"...thats not what Im saying at all, Im just scared to death of the few around here that are so quick to make it the answer.[/quote]

we can't afford another war just b/c someone stepped on our shoes... i see your precautions better, but i think that if anyone is trying to provoke a war, they are on the wrong side of the debate right now, b/c the american people are tired as shit of war, and selling one right now would take some crazy ass evidence, along w/ a threat or two... even then, i doubt we could see another war..

my point though is that negotiations are pointless and will not bear any fruit if the treat of interaction is not on the table... in a perfect world, the UN applies this pressure, but we both know that we are not in a perfect world...

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Actium' post='444450' date='Feb 22 2007, 05:00 PM']They'll talk and talk and not do anything but wear their Che t-shirts[/quote]

[b][center]Displaying more irony (which i love)

Actually the anti Iranian govt factions (the ones the U.S. is rooting for) are the ones who rely on the usage of Che' ...

:dance: :dance: :dance:

[img]http://www.stephaniejokent.com/blog/archives/arabic%20and%20che.JPG.jpg[/img][/b]
[/center]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='444448' date='Feb 22 2007, 04:59 PM']Currently, but you have to say his opinion holds weight given his former job title under this administration.[/quote]

Well fortunately, Bush will be President for another year and 8 months or so...then I get to vote for someone else who is the lesser of two evils and things might change...but I am not holding my breath.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='444468' date='Feb 22 2007, 04:14 PM'][b][center]Displaying more irony (which i love)
Actually the anti Iranian govt factions (the ones the U.S. is rooting for) are the ones who rely on the usage of Che' ...
:dance: :dance: :dance:

[img]http://www.stephaniejokent.com/blog/archives/arabic%20and%20che.JPG.jpg[/img][/b]
[/center][/quote]

I know that the students are very pro-Che. Most college students are, wherever you go it seems. And so those we would use to overthrow the mullahs are as useless are the coffeeshop revolutionaries here.

Guest steggyD
I'm not going throgh this entire thread, so I'll just comment on the original question ...

I suppose that now, any building or ship of ours is fair game, since we declared "War on Terror". But before that, I'm not sure how running planes into buildings full of civilians can be considered fair game. But of course, this could lead to the whole debate of who really took the buildings down. But that's another topic altogether. In conclusion, the bastards should've made some sort of declaration of war before they flew planes into buildings or drove boats into ships.

Guest BlackJesus
[size=3][quote name='steggyD' post='444503' date='Feb 22 2007, 05:58 PM']In conclusion, the bastards should've made some sort of declaration of war before they flew planes into buildings or drove boats into ships.[/quote][/size]

[size=3][b]~ November 1996:[/size] Osama bin Laden writes an open letter to King Fahd of Saudi Arabia calling for a campaign of guerrilla attacks to drive U.S forces out of the kingdom. The letter is widely circulated in Saudi Arabia and elsewhere.

[size=3]~ Aug. 10, 1997:[/size] Gwynne Roberts conducts an interview of bin Laden for the British documentary program “Dispatches.” Bin Laden threatens to wage an Islamic holy war against the United States and its allies if Washington does not remove its troops from the Gulf region.

[size=3]~ Feb. 28, 1998:[/size] In a video interview with CNN's Peter Arnett, bin Laden praises the bombing of the Khobar Towers U.S. barracks in Saudi Arabia. He tells Arnett that [i]"if the American government is serious about avoiding explosions inside the U.S., then let it stop provoking the feelings of 1,250 million Muslims."

[size=3]~ June 10, 1999:[/size] In an interview with al-Jazeera, bin Laden praises those who carried out the August 1998 Africa embassy bombings, saying the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi, was hit "because it was the major U.S. intelligence center in East Africa."[/i]
[/b]

[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4686034/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4686034/[/url]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='444507' date='Feb 22 2007, 06:06 PM'][size=3][/size]
[size=3][b]~ November 1996:[/size] Osama bin Laden writes an open letter to King Fahd of Saudi Arabia calling for a campaign of guerrilla attacks to drive U.S forces out of the kingdom. The letter is widely circulated in Saudi Arabia and elsewhere.
[size=3]~ Aug. 10, 1997:[/size] Gwynne Roberts conducts an interview of bin Laden for the British documentary program “Dispatches.” Bin Laden threatens to wage an Islamic holy war against the United States and its allies if Washington does not remove its troops from the Gulf region.
[size=3]~ Feb. 28, 1998:[/size] In a video interview with CNN's Peter Arnett, bin Laden praises the bombing of the Khobar Towers U.S. barracks in Saudi Arabia. He tells Arnett that [i]"if the American government is serious about avoiding explosions inside the U.S., then let it stop provoking the feelings of 1,250 million Muslims."
[size=3]~ June 10, 1999:[/size] In an interview with al-Jazeera, bin Laden praises those who carried out the August 1998 Africa embassy bombings, saying the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi, was hit "because it was the major U.S. intelligence center in East Africa."[/i]
[/b]
[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4686034/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4686034/[/url][/quote]

Cool..you just validated the next dipstick that declares a holy war on us we can go kick the shit out of them before they attack us. :headbang:

Guest steggyD
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='444507' date='Feb 22 2007, 06:06 PM'][size=3][/size]
[/b]
[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4686034/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4686034/[/url][/quote]
Well, damn! Then I blame Clinton for not declaring war in the first place.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='steggyD' post='444549' date='Feb 22 2007, 07:17 PM']Well, damn! Then I blame Clinton for not declaring war in the first place.[/quote]

[b]Bush upon taking office = also did not declare War on Bin Laden either .... Hell he recieved a memo the month before 9/11 saying "Bin Laden determined to attack in the U.S." .... and still didn't think Bin Laden was worth doing anything about. So there is lots of blame to go around. [/b] [i](If in fact Bin Laden even exists and is not a phantom) [/i]

Guest LoyalFanInGA

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='444420' date='Feb 22 2007, 04:39 PM']Hey now I happen to like Bono alot thank you. :contract:

And there is nothing wrong with being Socially Conscious. (Helping those in need is a good thing)
But if you want to pick on a Socially Conscious celeb, go after Sally Struthers..... I bet she eats all the African's food anyway, like in that episode of South Park. ;)[/quote]

I've seen U2 in concert twice, have most of their CDs...even before there were CDs.

Point being, if there were three men in a room; Bono, Bob Geldof, and BJ...there would be two santanic pieces of shit and BJ (who has an unrivaled monopoly on social consciousness)

Great thread...I need a cigarette after reading it.

The beauty of it all is the way that everyone played exactly to type...Right down to the GA's goading and Tiger Johnson throwing his machine gun into the pickup...NATI gets bonus points for using the word 'Japs', while Rick and Jamie get lost in Nazi Germany vs. Russia?

My opinion would only make things worse, and I already like the outcome...So I'll save it for another day.

Good job, BJ.

BZ

PS. I miss COY.

Guest LoyalFanInGA

[quote name='TheBZ' post='445156' date='Feb 24 2007, 01:46 AM']Great thread...I need a cigarette after reading it.

The beauty of it all is the way that everyone played exactly to type...Right down to the GA's goading and Tiger Johnson throwing his machine gun into the pickup...NATI gets bonus points for using the word 'Japs', while Rick and Jamie get lost in Nazi Germany vs. Russia?

My opinion would only make things worse, and I already like the outcome...So I'll save it for another day.

Good job, BJ.

BZ

PS. I miss COY.[/quote]

Goading? My god, you're one delicate flower of a man, buttercup. :265:

This is an example of goading:

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='435759' date='Feb 1 2007, 3:01 pm'][b]Hey alot of Plantation owners loved bangin out some Sista ass .... that doesn't mean much .... but yeah ok ... so you are one of the few white guys in Georgia who like the dark meat .... my bad [/b][/quote]

Here is another:

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA' post='445450' date='Feb 25 2007, 1:34 am']BZ's role is that of BJ's designated fluffer. He requires the cigarette to get the taste of cock out of his mouth.[/quote]

Does that illustrate the difference between sarcasm and goading? :ninja:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img] out

Guest LoyalFanInGA
[url="http://lcweb2.loc.gov/frd/cs/iqtoc.html#iq0019"]http://lcweb2.loc.gov/frd/cs/iqtoc.html#iq0019[/url]

This Library of Congress Country Study of Iraq confirms that all of the problems in the region occupied by present day Iraq started in approx. 1920. The previous 8000 years of conquering invaders really hasn't had much of an impact. Just ignore it...really, it's ancient history.

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA' post='445450' date='Feb 25 2007, 01:34 AM']Goading? My god, you're one delicate flower of a man, buttercup. :265:

Does that illustrate the difference between sarcasm and goading? :ninja:[/quote]

Now, now...It's not goading any more if you are playing defense.

You have to stay on type, boyo.

:whistle:

BZ

Guest LoyalFanInGA

[quote][i]Please excuse Loyal's abscence and accept his tardy retort assignment. Loyal was busy examining, diagnosis, and treating 127 sick or injured men, women, and children. Thus making the world a better place instead of complaining on the internet for hours on end while sitting at home in his underwear and scratching his ass...which he does on Wednesdays.

Sincerely,
Loyal's mommy
[/i][/quote]

Thanks for the note, Mom. Now to the task at hand.

[quote name='TheBZ' post='445539' date='Feb 25 2007, 02:25 PM']Now, now...It's not goading any more if you are playing defense.

You have to stay on type, boyo.

:whistle:

BZ[/quote]

While your type would be that of crazy Canuck who charges out of left field to interject an off topic comment while completely ignoring all of the previous points and ultimately contributing nothing.

Bravo, bravo. Another stellar performance.

Let me quickly explain "out of left field" for you benefit. Left field is a player position in the game of baseball. Baseball became widely accepted as the American national sport in the 1800s. The phrase "out of left field" has come to be used in popular vernacular to describe any idea which seems wildly unrelated to the subject being discussed.

I need to explain this to you because you probably know as little about baseball as you do America in general.

[quote name='From PM sent by TheBZ']I have no idea about the 2nd Amendment...I'm Canadian.
BZ[/quote]

If you are going to plead ignorance, please do so relating to all things Americana. Otherwise, you undercut your own creditibility...discussing US military recruiting, for example. In the words of the great thespian, Mike Epps, "Nigga, pleeeeeeeassssssse." (By the way, the 1st Amendment deals with free speech and the 2nd Amendment with the right to bear arms. I know you don't know about the 2nd Amendment because you didn't take the bait to point out my mistake when I deliberately misrepresented the 2nd Amendment as relating to free speech.)

If I have a question about the NHL, socialized medicine, or the Canadian WMD Program which produced 'Fat Man and Little Boy' (aka John Candy and Martin Short, who has single-handedly killed more laughs than any other comedian alive today) you're my "Go To Guy." :thumbsup:

Archived