Absolutely B.S. article on ESPN!

Can someone please explain to me how a former NFL player, who up until this point I believed had knowledge and intelligence of the game, write such a load of crap!!!??? Rating QBs on their intelligence, heart, arm, legs, and eyes and not ONCE mentioning Carson Palmer.

[quote]To put together the NFL's perfect quarterback, I started with five of the most important aspects required to be a successful QB in the NFL: intellect, heart, eyes, arm and legs. With that in mind, here's who I would choose for each of those five categories, if I could build the NFL's perfect QB.

Intellect
1. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts: It isn't that other quarterbacks aren't as intelligent as Manning, but no one is asked to do what he does. No quarterback in the league has as much control over his offense as Manning does.

Others:
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
3. Chad Pennington, New York Jets
4. Trent Green, Kansas City Chiefs
5. Matt Hasselbeck, Seattle Seahawks
[b]How can they possibly say NOONE else in the league is asked to do what Peyton Manning does?! Carson has led entire drives down the field for touchdowns using the no huddle to throw off and wear down defenses. Come on Theismann get off the "Golden Boy's" jock![/b]

Heart
1. Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers: Throughout the league, Favre is known for having an incredible amount of passion for the game. Even though he's a little older, that hasn't changed.

Others:
2. Chad Pennington, New York Jets
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
4. Daunte Culpepper, Miami Dolphins
5. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
[b]OK... I'll agree Brett Favre has got some mad serious heart. Carson Palmer (who ironically had a similar injury to Culpepper) made a bionic man likie comeback by promising he'd be ready by regular season game one, started every regular season game, AND put up numbers half the NFL QBs who are full stregnth can't put up! The guy lives and breathes football... how is that not heart!? BTW... honorable non-QB mention goes to Pollack![/b]

Eyes
1. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts: His vision as a quarterback is unsurpassed in the NFL. He sees everything pre-snap and post-snap just as clearly as though he were upstairs in the booth watching the game.

Others:
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
3. Trent Green, Kansas City Chiefs
4. Donovan McNabb, Philadelphia Eagles
5. Jeff Garcia, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
[b]We've all seen the amazing stregnth and passing accuracy Carson has. Theismann must be blind... or jealous :ninja: [/b]

Arm
1. Tom Brady, New England Patriots: I've worked with Brady in the past, and no one in the NFL comes close to him in terms of velocity and accuracy.
Others:

2. Andrew Walter, Oakland Raiders
3. Michael Vick, Atlanta Falcons
4. J.P. Losman, Buffalo Bills
5. Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers
[b]Please see above comment![/b]

Legs

1. Michael Vick, Atlanta Falcons: There is no comparison to Vick in terms of running ball. He's going to be an interesting story this season with a new head coach (Bobby Petrino). He's much more effective as a runner if he drops back and then takes off.
Others:

2. Vince Young, Tennessee Titans
3. Tarvaris Jackson, Minnesota Vikings
4. Jeff Garcia, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
5. J.P. Losman, Buffalo Bills[/quote]
[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=theismann_joe&id=2792024"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=2792024[/url]

Guest BengalBacker
Theismann doesn't follow football close enough to form valid opinions. Just because he used to play, that doesn't mean he doesn't need to do his research.

[quote name='sneaky' post='454932' date='Mar 10 2007, 04:47 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.[/b][/color][/quote]
Hahaha!

If you read the comments you've gotta laugh at the Bengal's fan who said that Theismann musst be jealous because Palmer's leg healed so quickly and his never did! :pointlaff:

Guest Tigris

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='454937' date='Mar 10 2007, 05:07 PM']Hahaha!

If you read the comments you've gotta laugh at the Bengal's fan who said that Theismann musst be jealous because Palmer's leg healed so quickly and his never did! :pointlaff:[/quote]
[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=clM8mPPDx9E"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=clM8mPPDx9E[/url]

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='454937' date='Mar 10 2007, 05:07 PM']Hahaha!

If you read the comments you've gotta laugh at the Bengal's fan who said that Theismann musst be jealous because Palmer's leg healed so quickly and his never did! :pointlaff:[/quote]

:lol:

[color="#FF0000"][b]I wouldn't even sweat this article BCG.

He probably left out Carson's name on purpose just to generate attention to his article. And speaking
of Theismanns' injury, I remember watching that game when I was a kid. Lawrence Taylor
snapped Theismann's leg so bad it freaked him (Taylor) out.

Theismann was never a great quarterback, he was better than average but he couldn't hold
Carson's jock in terms of talent and production. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, Theismann was
barley six feet tall, if that much. His claim to fame, is a Super Bowl ring won by basically just handing the ball off to John Riggins.

Theissman is a clueless jerk.[/b][/color]

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='454937' date='Mar 10 2007, 10:07 PM']Hahaha!

If you read the comments you've gotta laugh at the Bengal's fan who said that [size=4]Theismann musst be jealous because Palmer's leg healed so quickly and his never did![/size] :pointlaff:[/quote]
Funny, funny shit right there! :headbang:

[quote name='Tigris' post='454949' date='Mar 10 2007, 05:33 PM'][url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=clM8mPPDx9E"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=clM8mPPDx9E[/url][/quote]
ESPN a couple weeks ago had an article on Page2 I think that was youtube.com clips full of the most gruesome and gnarly sports injuries ever caught on film. The Theismann one was shit compared to some of em.

[url="http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060626"]http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?...=simmons/060626[/url]
^^^Not for those with a weak stomach!!!

[quote name='sneaky' post='454951' date='Mar 10 2007, 05:40 PM']:lol:

He probably left out Carson's name on purpose just to generate attention to his article. And speaking
of Theismanns' injury, I remember watching that game when I was a kid. Lawrence Taylor

Theismann was never a great quarterback, he was better than average but he couldn't hold
Carson's jock in terms of talent and production. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, Theismann was
barley six feet tall, if that much. His claim to fame, is a Super Bowl ring won by basically just handing the ball off to John Riggins.
Theissman is a clueless jerk.[/b][/color][/quote]
In that link Tigris gave you can watch Taylor flipping out trying to call someone over...LOL. Bet he'd never seen a man's leg bent in half before that.

I'm not worried about the article... I just think its a crock of shit that he left out who is easily one of the games best QBs right now. I mean JP Losman is on that list.... gimme a friggin beak :lmao:

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='454960' date='Mar 10 2007, 05:57 PM']In that link Tigris gave you can watch Taylor flipping out trying to call someone over...LOL. Bet he'd never seen a man's leg bent in half before that.

I'm not worried about the article... I just think its a crock of shit that he left out who is easily one of the games best QBs right now. I mean JP Losman is on that list.... gimme a friggin beak :lmao:[/quote]
The name that jumped out to me was Andrew fricken Walter.

He had 3 TD's and 13 INT's this year. His QB rating was 55.8. Out of the 8 games he started this year, the Raiders won 2.

And he has him ranked as the 2nd best arm in the NFL. What a joke.

[quote name='ONYX' post='454951' date='Mar 10 2007, 05:40 PM']:lol:

barley six feet tall, if that much. [color="#0000FF"]His claim to fame, is a Super Bowl ring won by basically just handing the ball off to John Riggins.[/color]
Theissman is a clueless jerk.[/b][/color][/quote]

Sounds like a certin toothless QB I know. :whistle:

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='454964' date='Mar 10 2007, 06:03 PM']The name that jumped out to me was Andrew fricken Walter.

He had 3 TD's and 13 INT's this year. His QB rating was 55.8. Out of the 8 games he started this year, the Raiders won 2.

And he has him ranked as the 2nd best arm in the NFL. What a joke.[/quote]
Haha... I forgot he was even mentioned on that list. I can take an educated guess as to why Theismann thought Walter had a great arm... cuz he had to sling it downfield before he got sacked [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Hey Jamie... read this hum dinger from the comments area of that article...
[b]IncognitoCoup (3/8/2007 at 10:16 PM)

I'm thinking in a year or two Ben Roethelisberger will be on each of these lists. He possesses all of the above traits, some to a significant degree. A little more experiance and a less hectic offseason should put him into an elite category.[/b]

Theismann wasn't a bad QB, and he didn't just hand the ball off to Riggins. Sometimes he handed the ball off to Joe Washington, too!
But seriously, Theismann could play, had great receivers (Monk, "Downtown" Charlie Brown, Gary Clark), but his open mouth always has an inserted foot dangling from it.
He is so sure he's right all the time it's disgusting.

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='454977' date='Mar 10 2007, 06:28 PM']Haha... I forgot he was even mentioned on that list. I can take an educated guess as to why Theismann thought Walter had a great arm... cuz he had to sling it downfield before he got sacked [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Hey Jamie... read this hum dinger from the comments area of that article...
[b]IncognitoCoup (3/8/2007 at 10:16 PM)

I'm thinking in a year or two Ben Roethelisberger will be on each of these lists. He possesses all of the above traits, some to a significant degree. A little more experiance and a less hectic offseason should put him into an elite category.[/b][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

They still are in fantasy land arent they?

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='455022' date='Mar 10 2007, 08:01 PM']Theisman is such a fucktard.

The trinity of QBs right now is Manning Brady and Palmer, and he gives plenty of credence to the other two, and then names everyone else under the 3.

Short of eyes and legs, Palmer is top 3 on all those categories.[/quote]
Totally agree. I wonder why he chose to exclude Palmer from mention in ANY category and yet cites attributes from the likes of Walter?

[quote name='texbengal' post='455041' date='Mar 10 2007, 08:49 PM']Wasn't it ol' #7 who once was quoted about that mathematical genius of yore, Norman Einstein? 'Nuff said.[/quote]
Yes, but dude could still play QB. Doesn't make him any less of a tool, however.

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='455047' date='Mar 10 2007, 09:20 PM']Good thread..

He doesn't even know that there is this entity called the [b]AFC North.
What a Fuck-Stick.[/b][/quote]
He has a pair of "NFC East During the 1980's" set of glasses on.

Andrew Walter has as good an arm as anyone in the NFL. That's just a fact. If you don't know that you just haven't seen him play. He can throw the ball a long way and he makes it look so much more effortless than just about anyone else-it's like a simple flick of a wrist for him.

[quote name='JoePong' post='455064' date='Mar 10 2007, 10:06 PM']Andrew Walter has as good an arm as anyone in the NFL. That's just a fact. If you don't know that you just haven't seen him play. He can throw the ball a long way and he makes it look so much more effortless than just about anyone else-it's like a simple flick of a wrist for him.[/quote]
That's true but the ridicule of Theismann's chioce of mentioning Walter and not palmer is a joke in that department, Distance without accuracy is meaningless.
At least the Bengals had a semblance of an offense last year, and their QB threw for over 4,000 yds.

Archived