Fuck Eric Milton Pirates @ Reds Game 3

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

why is he still a starter?
why is he still on our team?
why is he still in professional baseball?

i think this game may be the first to make me physically ill. after all, if he gives up 5 home runs to their single a team, just think what the mlb squad will do to him!

o well, at least we took the series and will still retain the division!

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='468325' date='Apr 8 2007, 04:35 PM']why is he still a starter? [b]9 million reasons[/b]
why is he still on our team? [b]9 million reasons[/b]
why is he still in professional baseball? [b]guarenteed contracts[/b][/quote]

point being, miltons getting his money whether or not he brings down our winning percentage... why not just cut your losses?

i was under the impression castellini would do everything possible to win, guess i overestimated his commitment.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='468333' date='Apr 8 2007, 10:52 AM']point being, miltons getting his money whether or not he brings down our winning percentage... why not just cut your losses?

i was under the impression castellini would do everything possible to win, guess i overestimated his commitment.[/quote]
It isn't good business to pay a player that much money NOT to play, but I am sure Milton will be on a short leash. If he pitches horribly, I'd give him three starts and then he's gone.
I think the Reds are hoping that he either is healthy and will improve (which I think is unlikely, the improvement part, that is) or that they are trying to buy some time to see whom in AA or AAA shows enough to be brought up to take his place in the rotation.

Guest oldschooler

[url="http://www.thegamelive.com/baseballmlb.html#cin"]http://www.thegamelive.com/baseballmlb.html#cin[/url]

I`m listening to the game on 600 AM out of Paintsville Kentucky.

Milton just gace up a run . . . Pirates are leading 1-0, going to the bottom of the 4th.
Time for the Offense to give him some run support . . .

GO REDS ! :headbang:

Guest oldschooler

Milton gave up a hard hit single, then a rocket Homer to Jack Wilson. :22:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//13.gif[/img] He finally got an out.

Milton has given up 70 Homers in 61 starts as a Red . . . [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//40.gif[/img]

Pirates 3 Reds 0

[quote name='Bunghole' post='468342' date='Apr 8 2007, 01:09 PM']It isn't good business to pay a player that much money NOT to play[/quote]neither is investing millions of dollars into a small market baseball club. winning should be paramount to the previous owners bad investments. cut your losses and move on if you want any chance at all of creating a winning ball club with a bigger and more passionate fanbase. this building little by little crap is getting old. besides, santos or saarloos are capable enough replacements for a fraction of the price.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='468333' date='Apr 8 2007, 04:52 PM']point being, miltons getting his money whether or not he brings down our winning percentage... why not just cut your losses?

i was under the impression castellini would do everything possible to win, guess i overestimated his commitment.[/quote]

I overestimated his commitment until he signed Narron to a contract extension then I knew he was all talk

Yeah, damn him for investing in the ccommunity, the team, and extending a manager that almost took a team to the playoffs last year (no small feat considering the pitching last year, and the disappearing act of Adam Dunn in September). Bob has owned the team for one year, and they are already showing signs of improvement.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='468384' date='Apr 8 2007, 02:42 PM']Yeah, damn him for investing in the ccommunity, the team, and extending a manager that almost took a team to the playoffs last year (no small feat considering the pitching last year, [b]and the disappearing act of Adam Dunn in September[/b]). Bob has owned the team for one year, and they are already showing signs of improvement.[/quote]

It was a lot more than Adam Dunn who disappeared last september.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='468356' date='Apr 8 2007, 01:45 PM']griff is due for a homer this game[/quote]

He was close his last at bat, then went off the top of the wall this at bat...

Ill take the 2 run double though!!

4-2, 0 outs, griff on 2nd conine up...

Lets go reds!

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
milton actually pitched a solid game. he truly only gave up 3 runs. Dunns retardedness in LF gave up one. If Milton goes 5 and change and gives up 3 runs we should be happy. I would take that out of him in the # 5 spot all year.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='468537' date='Apr 8 2007, 07:03 PM']milton actually pitched a solid game. he truly only gave up 3 runs. Dunns retardedness in LF gave up one. If Milton goes 5 and change and gives up 3 runs we should be happy. I would take that out of him in the # 5 spot all year.[/quote]
Me too, but sadly, this is probably going to be considered a "good" outing by Milton, regardless of how the rest of the team performs when he pitches.

Archived