Josh Hamilton gets his first start in CF tonight

CTA513

[quote name='CTA513' post='469852' date='Apr 10 2007, 06:00 PM']Hamiltons filling in for Freel tonight.

Josh Hamilton CF
Brandon Phillips 2B
Adam Dunn LF
Ken Griffey Jr. RF
Edwin Encarnacion 3B
Scott Hatteberg 1B
Alex Gonzalez SS
Javier Valentin C
Kyle Lohse P[/quote]

:headbang: Batting leadoff, nonetheless!!!

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='469868' date='Apr 10 2007, 06:32 PM']so if he has a good game does he start again?[/quote]

Are you kidding? This is Narron. If he has a good game, he probably won't play again for a week.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jason' post='469876' date='Apr 10 2007, 06:43 PM']Are you kidding? This is Narron. If he has a good game, he probably won't play again for a week.[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

that is so true.

Guest oldschooler
I hope Hamilton has a monster game !
Freel and his .231 batting average haven`t been getting it done in the Lead off position . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' post='469887' date='Apr 10 2007, 07:00 PM']I hope Hamilton has a monster game !
Freel and his .231 batting average haven`t been getting it done in the Lead off position . . .[/quote]

He was doing well until his last two games, he's 1 for 8 in those and was awful last night. I'd have to really look at the stats to come up with my own opinion but I know A-Men always says that's the problem with Freel as a starter, he just doesn't seem to do well when he's in the starting lineup so consistently.

Of course we have to keep in mind the season's only seven games old. Things are going to normalize. Alex Gonzalez won't be leading the team in batting average like he is now, for example.

[quote name='Jason' post='469876' date='Apr 10 2007, 06:43 PM']Are you kidding? This is Narron. If he has a good game, he probably won't play again for a week.[/quote]

x3

[quote name='j.5000022' post='469915' date='Apr 10 2007, 07:34 PM']If he does have a good game then I think they need to move dunn to first and have hamilton in left field. That probably wouldn't happen because hatteburg gives you good at bats.[/quote]

Our first base platoon of Conine and Hatterberg are probably gonna give us one of our stronger positions at bat. Keep Dunn in LF, if hamilton really is a stud put him at CF, and give freel 3-4 starts a week at 2nd, 3rd, LF, CF, and RF...

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='oldschooler' post='469887' date='Apr 10 2007, 07:00 PM']I hope Hamilton has a monster game !
Freel and his .231 batting average haven`t been getting it done in the [b]Lead off position[/b] . . .[/quote]
not to mention his adam dunn like K total. he k's way too much to bat anywhere but 8th.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='CTA513' post='470031' date='Apr 10 2007, 09:19 PM']Hamiltons first major league hit is a 2-run homerun to tie the game at 3-3.[/quote]

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='470032' date='Apr 10 2007, 09:19 PM']Holy fucking shit what a shot by Hamilton. That was a no-doubter.

and Phillips follows it up with another shot![/quote]

[quote name='tracenuts' post='470033' date='Apr 10 2007, 09:19 PM']damn his first major league hit ends up being a homerun!!! :headbang:[/quote]

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='470035' date='Apr 10 2007, 09:20 PM']JOSH FUCKING HAMILTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

:headbang:

Hamilton is something like the 93rd player to hit a homer in his first plate appearance in the bigs.

The 55th player to do it did it off of Nolan Ryan's first pitch to him (a fastball), almost exactly 21 years ago.
and so, history was made...

[quote name='#22' post='470072' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:21 PM']Hamilton is something like the 93rd player to hit a homer in his first plate appearance in the bigs.
The 55th player to do it did it off of Nolan Ryan's first pitch to him (a fastball), almost exactly 21 years ago.
and so, history was made...[/quote]

It wasn't his first plate appearance, it was actually his fourth I think. First hit, not first PA.

Also: Alex Gonzalez you suck at bunting

god dammit how many times are we going to ground into double plays this series

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='470053' date='Apr 10 2007, 10:49 PM']Nice shot by Hamilton! I am just about ready to drink the Hamilton koolaid![/quote]

No offense bengalsfreak, and I dont really know anything about you so pardon me if im way off here...

but in the chris henry thread you were bashing a guy completely for all of his arrests and all that shit he has done, but now you are praising a guy that almost killed himself from a drug addiction where he almost blew his career similar to what henry may be in the process of doing.

once again not trying to tell you what to think or what you should think, it just seems a lil hypocritical in the ways you treated hamilton and henry.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='470084' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:38 PM']by the way one of the guys in the booth is ripping apart Freel for swinging at a 1-0 pitch that was a ball...hes pretty much ripping the reds as a whole actually.[/quote]
thats Thom Bren. noob. he is right. And Hamilton is our most professional looking batter. He has a great eye and actually takes smart pitches.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='470085' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:43 PM']thats Thom Bren. noob. he is right. And Hamilton is our most professional looking batter. He has a great eye and actually takes smart pitches.[/quote]

Yeah that's pretty much what I was going to post. <_<

:D

I think I'm starting to agree with you that we should go with a platoon with Freel and Hamilton in CF. But since that makes sense I doubt Narron does it.

Also I'd say Conine has been very professional looking as well but the rest of the lineup has had issues. It's the most frustrating with young guys like Encarnacion and Phillips where you know they can be great hitters but other times they aren't disciplined at all up there.

Hey, look at this, the D-Backs can lay down a sacrifice bunt with no outs, that's another thing we couldn't do today.

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='470090' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:46 PM']Hey, look at this, the D-Backs can lay down a sacrifice bunt with no outs, that's another thing we couldn't do today.[/quote]

Apparently (taking it from the FSN commentators) they can also advance on a flyout without tagging up.

Archived