Moss headed to Oakland...

~mroby30~

[quote name='TheBZ' date='Feb 23 2005, 08:13 PM']I think it's a good enough trade for both teams...

The Vikings have simply realized that Culpepper is the necessary talent to win, and not Moss. You build around your franchise QB, and Minnesota's D is on the cusp of being very good. They've been working on it for the last two years.

For Oakland...They get a superstar and a HUGE cap hit. Frankly, I dislike the Raiders, so I don't care what happens to them unless it gets in our way...And with Kerry Collins, it's not going to happen. He is a strong-armed, deep-ball QB who panics and throws way too many Interceptions. He always will.

So...Will Minnesota be more or less dangerous when we play them next year?

BZ
[right][post="50538"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Less. Randy is a game changer when he wants to be.

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='TheBZ' date='Feb 23 2005, 06:13 PM']Will Minnesota be more or less dangerous when we play them next year?[/quote]

Five words: way too early to tell.

The Vikings have a wealth of available cap space that Red McCombs has refused to utilize in year's past. IMHO, if Red miraculously changes his approach - and if Mike Brown can, anybody can - or Fowler, Taylot or any other potential buyers decide to spend freely and wisely in free agency, then I truly believe that the Vikes will easily be the team to beat in that division and a strong contender in a weak conference.

With free agency and the draft still to come, the franchise has plenty of resources to compensate for the loss of a very talented malcontent. Whether they actually take advantage of those resources is not yet known.

Guest CTBengalsFan

At least we don't have to face him next season now :D

Even with his personality problems, if he is healthy he's the best WR in the NFL EASILY... arguments could be made that he's the best in history talent and physicality wise. I can't remember anyone 6'5" and that fast, with hands as good as Moss.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Feb 23 2005, 08:22 PM']At least we don't have to face him next season now :D

Even with his personality problems, if he is healthy he's the best WR in the NFL EASILY... arguments could be made that he's the best in history talent and physicality wise.  I can't remember anyone 6'5" and that fast, with hands as good as Moss.
[right][post="50570"][/post][/right][/quote]
yea hes def one of the best and i'm real glad we don't play him but im even happier that we don't have to play him twice a year

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Feb 23 2005, 08:19 PM']Vikings will be a lot less dangerous.
[right][post="50540"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I bet the Vikes take Mike Williams if he is still available with that pick #7. He is a big receiver that they could use to help replace Moss.

In my opinion a bad deal for both teams.

The Vikings do however get the better of the deal. They now have the number 7 pick, but are now without a major offensive threat and will be without one most likely for next season. The Culpeeper to Moss combo is gone, and they have no defense, so there goes outscoring the competition.

The Raiders are now in cap hell. How much money did they just dump into three players (being Woodson (tagged), Porter and Moss)????? Plus when they cut Sapp he will still have a cap hit. They have no run game and a poor defense and overaged, past-their-prime QBs. Also without a potential future star at No. 7, which would fit perfectly if they rebuilded (which they need to do).

It appears to me a bad deal for both, but Vikings get the better end.

Guest BengalsOwn
Randy Moss and Porter will make Collins a pro bowl caliber QB. All the Raiders need is a RB. The defensive scheme is being changed I beleive to better take advantage of the skills they have on defense.

The Raiders stole Randy Moss.

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Feb 23 2005, 09:15 PM']The Culpeeper to Moss combo is gone, and they have no defense, so there goes outscoring the competition.[/quote]

The Vikes still have quite a bit of talent on the offensive side of the ball, the 7th pick in the draft, a wealth of salary cap space and a fairly deep list of available wide receivers in free agency. I have a hard time believing that they couldn't address both their alleged lack of a major offensive threat and struggling defense. Not to mention, they do play in the NFC (and the NFC North, at that).

Guest BengalsOwn
I think the Vikings have something like 20-30 million in cap room?

They already have a good running game, just need a WR and defense.

They'll be a contender next season definitely.

[quote name='Knucklehead' date='Feb 24 2005, 12:35 PM']Put him on the Ravens. In fact put anyone on the Ravens. As long as they keep putting the ball in Boller's hands we'll be fine.
[right][post="50939"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

no def don't stick him on the ravens i don't care how shitty boller is as long as he throws the ball up moss will catch it, that would make them a good offense,

moss + heap + lewis = not happy bengals fans

personally i could care less where moss goes, i think that his best years are behind him. he wants to win, yet hes going from minnesota to oakland??? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='NASTYNATI' date='Feb 24 2005, 12:51 PM']personally i could care less where moss goes, i think that his best years are behind him. he wants to win, yet hes going from minnesota to oakland???  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]   [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]
[right][post="50953"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

his best years are behind him??? are you crazy?? he still caught 13 TD passes this year, sitting out a bunch of games and being extremely gimpy in another few. Had he played a full season his stats would have been INSANE with the emergence of Culpepper as an even better pocket presence this past season.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Feb 24 2005, 12:58 PM']his best years are behind him??? are you crazy?? he still caught 13 TD passes this year, sitting out a bunch of games and being extremely gimpy in another few.  Had he played a full season his stats would have been INSANE with the emergence of Culpepper as an even better pocket presence this past season.
[right][post="50958"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

its easy to catch all the td passes when you are the only reciever on the team. burleson didnt bloom until mid season last year. im not saying moss is a bum but he has been in the league quite awhile now and i dont feel that he will make as much of an impact next season as he has in the past. just my $0.02 there are 10 recievers i would take over moss right now. based on attitude alone

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='NASTYNATI' date='Feb 24 2005, 01:02 PM']its easy to catch all the td passes when you are the only reciever on the team. burleson didnt bloom until mid season last year. im not saying moss is a bum but he has been in the league  quite awhile now and i dont feel that he will make as much of an impact next season as he has in the past. just my $0.02 there are 10 recievers i would take over moss right now. based on attitude alone
[right][post="50960"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

10????

sorry, natural talent alone. moss doesn't play defense. that's why the vikings don't win, not because of him.

I would rather have TJ Houshmanzadeh than Randy Moss.
I am serious. That is simply a statement for how much I dislike Moss, not how much I like TJ, because I'm not sold on him yet either.
I think Moss cried like a little bitch on ESPN because for the first time in his NFL career, somebody didn't want him anymore! Boo-Hoo! Then act like a man, you immature thuggish-ruggish wannabe a pimp and quit acting like you're a rapper!
You're a football player...dick!
Man I hate that guy, and all who act like him from any sport (Artest, Dillon, etc).
Fucking classless ego maniacs...
But it IS funny that Moss went to the Raiders, the franchise that has become the home for has-beens, wanna-be's and malcontents...it is a perfect fit...and poetic justice...

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='Bunghole' date='Feb 24 2005, 01:22 PM']I would rather have TJ Houshmanzadeh than Randy Moss.
I am serious.[right][post="50971"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

That's easy to say when you have nothing riding on that statement...

Archived