The Official Trade Adam Dung thread.

joshua

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='joshua' post='499986' date='Jun 13 2007, 06:17 PM']I can't believe how shallow out OF has become...especially considering a guy like Griffey who has consistent injuries.
Why the fuck did we trade Kearns again?[/quote]

Josh Hamilton and Jay Bruce are a good foundation for the future... Hopper seems like a 4th OF at best, but still we're only one guy away from having a solid OF again.

[quote name='Master Shake' post='499989' date='Jun 13 2007, 04:18 PM']Josh Hamilton and Jay Bruce are a good foundation for the future... Hopper seems like a 4th OF at best, but still we're only one guy away from having a solid OF again.[/quote]
Hopper is having an astounding run right now....what are you talking about?
I predict that Freel will become the 4th OF and the guy that spells every position in the infield except 1st base....as he should.
Hopper is a better hitter than Freel (for now), runs the bases better and has been nothing short of amazing.
I really, really like the starting OF of Hopper in left, Hamilton in Center and Griff in right.
Hamilton is just fucking insane. If he can stay off the crackpipe we are literally watching the live version of "The Natural". The kid is THAT good.
Dunn? Pffft. Whether he stays or goes, i really don't care but would prefer a trade that gives our bullpen some more help, even if they have been solid for about 5 games now.
Milton is certainly done, maybe for his career with the Tommy John surgery. He's the guy that stole the most money from the Reds, production-wise.

[quote name='joshua' post='499986' date='Jun 13 2007, 04:17 PM']I can't believe how shallow out OF has become...especially considering a guy like Griffey who has consistent injuries.
Why the fuck did we trade Kearns again?[/quote]
And by the way, Kearns was consistently injured too.

[quote name='joshua' post='500005' date='Jun 13 2007, 04:36 PM']I know Hamilton is amazing, but letting Kearns go is still a mistake...especially considering Griffey's injuries and Hamilton's uncertainty for awhile.[/quote]
Kearns was injured almost as often as Griffey! His injuries weren't as severe and he didn't miss as many games, but still...
And Hamilton is going to be 10 times better than Kearns ever could be, provided Hamilton stays off the glass dick....
And then there's those ears....they hampered Kearns' ability to be aerodynamic....

[quote name='joshua' post='500005' date='Jun 13 2007, 06:36 PM']I know Hamilton is amazing, but letting Kearns go is still a mistake...especially considering Griffey's injuries and Hamilton's uncertainty for awhile.[/quote]

I must disagree, with Dunn griffey and hamilton, Kearns wouldnt start. And I dont think you want a guy like Kearns on your bunch, I would rather have a faster guy with a better batting average and smaller contract on my bench like Hopper. Kearns is worse then dunn too..

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='500018' date='Jun 13 2007, 04:49 PM']Austing Kearns .248 | HR 5 | RBI 23 | OBP .311 | SLG .380

Pretty good for a 3.5 million dollar contract.[/quote]
But pretty bad compared to any of our outfielders now.
And it's almost gametime!

I hope Lohse pitches like he did in his last outing...we need him to....

From espn:

Is Dunn done in Cincy?

Jun 13 - According a report on SI.com, the Reds are actively shopping power-hitting left fielder Adam Dunn in a pursuit for pitching.
The Dayton Daily News reported that scouts from a number of teams, including Atlanta, Houston, Los Angeles, the White Sox, Detroit and others, were in attendance at Tuesday's game against the Angels. But GM Wayne Krivsky wouldn't comment on the Dunn rumors.

"I don't comment on rumors, and it is better not to say anything," Krivsky said.

One obstacle holding up a potential Dunn trade is his contract, which expires after the season. The Reds have a one-year, $13 million option, but it disappears if he is traded, meaning a new team would either have to sign him to a new deal or lose him to another team through free agency.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='GoBengals' post='499966' date='Jun 13 2007, 05:59 PM']again, griffey must approve any trade involving him, i dont see him going anywhere..

dunn has sucked ass for a while...

whats the record for strikeouts in a season? he has to be close on pace.[/quote]

he'll break his own record if he goes on this pace

Guest schotzee
I say trade him for any semblance of decent pitching.He may get better on another team ,but I think he has reached his peak with us.Don't know if it's because he doesn't really want to be here,the coaches or what.IMO though he is maxed out here,and those numbers for that salary for a small market team are unacceptable.

[quote name='j.5000022' post='499926' date='Jun 13 2007, 05:26 PM']yeah, so what teams are there?[/quote]

I heard the Twins want him for DH but he's too pricey. As far as the Dunn bashing, which Lance McAllister has based most of his shows on, I don't see how he can get infuriated over Dunn and give Griffey a pass. As CTA has been posting, they aren't that far off as far RISP avg, hustle, outfield play(Griffey has had plenty fuck-ups in right field). So I say get rid of both of them too. The bottom line why Lance or the whole town doesn't criticize him and kisses his ass, 4 words, FUTURE HALL OF FAMER. You compare Griffey and Dunn, and Lance and the like would laugh hysterically and retort with those words. Even though he has done nothing with the Reds to merit that status. People piss their pants with delight when he has far too infrequent flashes of what he did consistently in Seattle. But everyone who said he isn't going anywhere is right. He's an icon here and that's way more important than his production.

Plus it's laughable that he is getting singled out when it is obvious that the pitching is perpetually the problem. The offense, inconsistent or not has been good enough to contend if coupled with even a fair to good pitching staff.

Edited:

I mean NEEEIIIGGGHHH!!!

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='j.5000022' post='500282' date='Jun 14 2007, 10:59 AM']I agree on trading dunn but not griffey. Griffey is having a good year so far and he brings people in.[/quote]

Griffey brings people in, but a winning team would bring more people in. Trading Griffey was never a realistic option until now, because no team would have taken on his salary. I'm worried it's only a matter of time until he gets hurt again and his trade value falls back to negative, so we need to consider moving him now if the right offer comes up.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='j.5000022' post='500282' date='Jun 14 2007, 10:59 AM']I agree on trading dunn but not griffey. Griffey is having a good year so far and he brings people in.[/quote]

Griffey is close to retirement, Dunn is still a young guy capable of 40+ homers and 100 RBIs per season. Why would you want to get rid of Dunn?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='500632' date='Jun 14 2007, 07:01 PM']Griffey is close to retirement, Dunn is still a young guy capable of 40+ homers and 100 RBIs per season. Why would you want to get rid of Dunn?[/quote]
Because we need pitching, Dunn's good enough to command it in a trade and he's limited as to how he can really help a small-market team like the Reds in the long run.
Think about it....3 players have one-third of our salary, Dunn, Griffey and Milton.
Milton just had Tommy John surgery and is in the last year of his contract, which robbed the Reds organization of a lot of money based of his performance.
Griffey is still a year or two away from being through his monster contract, which would have been a cheap price to pay had we gotten the Griffey we thought we were getting all along, and now of course he's playing well, is injury-free and chasing 600 HR's.
Then you have Dunn. How isn't he the odd-man out with regards to Griffey?
Dunn is what he is....40 HR's, a ton of walks and a lot more strikeouts. His defense is horrible, his work ethic to improve his at-bats is questionable, he has a laissez-fare attitude about the game....why not trade him now for pitching that we desperately need? What are you really sacrificing besides 40 HR's that never seem to help win games because Dunn can't hit them with runners on base?
The guy is a DH, plain and simple.
My biggest concern is making sure we get equal value for him WHEN (not IF) we trade his big ass and his lofty contract.
And, Griffey puts more butts in the seats than Dunn, and you can't trade them both and expect people to show up at the ballpark just because of Homer Bailey.
But we need to get back to good relief pitching and small-ball, and we have the players to do it.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='500635' date='Jun 15 2007, 02:11 AM']Because we need pitching, Dunn's good enough to command it in a trade and he's limited as to how he can really help a small-market team like the Reds in the long run.
Think about it....3 players have one-third of our salary, Dunn, Griffey and Milton.
Milton just had Tommy John surgery and is in the last year of his contract, which robbed the Reds organization of a lot of money based of his performance.
Griffey is still a year or two away from being through his monster contract, which would have been a cheap price to pay had we gotten the Griffey we thought we were getting all along, and now of course he's playing well, is injury-free and chasing 600 HR's.
Dunn is what he is....40 HR's, a ton of walks and a lot more strikeouts. His defense is horrible, his work ethic to improve his at-bats is questionable, he has a laissez-fare attitude about the game....why not trade him now for pitching that we desperately need? What are you really sacrificing besides 40 HR's that never seem to help win games because Dunn can't hit them with runners on base?
The guy is a DH, plain and simple.
My biggest concern is making sure we get equal value for him WHEN (not IF) we trade his big ass and his lofty contract.
And, Griffey puts more butts in the seats than Dunn, and you can't trade them both and expect people to show up at the ballpark just because of Homer Bailey.
But we need to get back to good relief pitching and small-ball, and we have the players to do it.[/quote]
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

We need pitching, specifically bullpen pitching - which is why I still contend I'd like to see Dumatrait and Livingstone up here pitching out of the pen a la Liriano and Santana, to get them used to the bigs, while evaluating their talent and what we need for next year.

By the way, am I the only one who weeps every time he sees a Justin Germano stat line? This could end up being Krivsky's biggest miscue, getting Lohse (who has been horribly inconsistent and whose contract is up) and giving up a young pitcher who was obviously ready for the bigs. And Dustin Moseley has been doing well for the Angels as well (another one of our former picks). Saddest part: I've seen them brougnt up in possible trades for the Reds. I'm no economist, but that reeks of selling low and buying back high.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='500653' date='Jun 14 2007, 07:33 PM']We need pitching, specifically bullpen pitching - which is why I still contend I'd like to see Dumatrait and Livingstone up here pitching out of the pen a la Liriano and Santana, to get them used to the bigs, while evaluating their talent and what we need for next year.

By the way, am I the only one who weeps every time he sees a Justin Germano stat line? This could end up being Krivsky's biggest miscue, getting Lohse (who has been horribly inconsistent and whose contract is up) and giving up a young pitcher who was obviously ready for the bigs. And Dustin Moseley has been doing well for the Angels as well (another one of our former picks). Saddest part: I've seen them brougnt up in possible trades for the Reds. I'm no economist, but that reeks of selling low and buying back high.[/quote]
I cannot agree more. Somehow the Reds turn turds into gold when they trade supposedly crappy players to someone else, especially pitchers.
It's obvious we need help in the pen...I am holding out slim hopes that the return of Bray and Guardado wil help galvanize this sorry unit.
We have lost SO MANY heartbreakers in the 7th and 8th innings after a lead due to bad relief pitching that it's ridiculous.
I for one would like to see ownership/mgmt come out with as bold of a statement as "We want to bring championship baseball back to Cincinnati", and make a change or committment to some line of thinking/philosophy that we haven't explored yet........like trading Adam Dunn....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='500635' date='Jun 14 2007, 09:11 PM']Because we need pitching, Dunn's good enough to command it in a trade and he's limited as to how he can really help a small-market team like the Reds in the long run.
Dunn is what he is....40 HR's, a ton of walks and a lot more strikeouts. His [b]defense is horrible[/b], his work ethic to improve his at-bats is questionable, he has a laissez-fare attitude about the game....why not trade him now for pitching that we desperately need? What are you really sacrificing besides 40 HR's that never seem to help win games because Dunn [b]can't hit them with runners on base[/b]?
[b]The guy is a DH, plain and simple.[/b]
But we need to get back to good relief pitching and small-ball, and we have the players to do it.[/quote]

Sounds exactly like Dunn and Griffey.

I think it is time for Dunner to be wrapped up and sent somewhere, because he just isn't quite worth the $13 mil. option next year - a similar situation to Justin Smith for the Bengals, where you'd like to get something for him and he's too good to let him just walk, but isn't worth the salary to keep him. The Reds have guys coming up who give much more bang for their buck, like Hopper, Deno (once healed), and eventually Bruce.

Not Stubbs, though, that bastard doesn't have his shit together, and every time I hear his name I think of how we should've taken Lincecum there. :shakesfist:

Hopefully, we'll allow a prospective suitor to arrange a deal with Dunn for next year, increasing his value to that team. I do hope you all realize, however, that we'll be trading away our team leader in RBI, R, and up until today, HR.

Guest schotzee

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='500700' date='Jun 14 2007, 11:55 PM']I think it is time for Dunner to be wrapped up and sent somewhere, because he just isn't quite worth the $13 mil. option next year - a similar situation to Justin Smith for the Bengals, where you'd like to get something for him and he's too good to let him just walk, but isn't worth the salary to keep him. The Reds have guys coming up who give much more bang for their buck, like Hopper, Deno (once healed), and eventually Bruce.

Not Stubbs, though, that bastard doesn't have his shit together, and every time I hear his name I think of how we should've taken Lincecum there. :shakesfist:

Hopefully, we'll allow a prospective suitor to arrange a deal with Dunn for next year, increasing his value to that team. [b]I do hope you all realize, however, that we'll be trading away our team leader in RBI, R, and up until today, HR.[/quote][/b]

Sluggers,big bangers whatever you want to call them,are no help to turning a losing team into a winning team,ie Sosa,Kingman,(btw Dunn may be his clone) Gonzalez probaly many more,but too tired and tipsy to remember.Get rid of him now I say.

Archived