PS3 Gamertag

Guest Tigris
i use to be a playstation man... then turned to the dark side.... muahahahahaha

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/19.gif[/img]

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='505856' date='Jun 29 2007, 12:44 PM']fuck all of yall, yo nasty..i'll get mine and it's on soon. i am at work i'll post it later tonight. as soon as the new madden is out or the college game it on bro :headbang:[/quote]

:schla15: :schla15: :schla15: :schla15: :schla15: :schla15: :schla15:

[color="#FF0000"][b] Anyone who pays $600 for a PS3, should have a gamertag that looks like this......[/b][/color]

[img]http://www.gnb.ca/0113/access-trans/Handicap-Logo-sm.jpg[/img]

[quote name='ONYX' post='506188' date='Jun 30 2007, 10:22 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b] Anyone who pays $600 for a PS3, should have a gamertag that looks like this......[/b][/color]

[img]http://www.gnb.ca/0113/access-trans/Handicap-Logo-sm.jpg[/img][/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='sneaky' post='506188' date='Jun 30 2007, 10:22 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b] Anyone who pays $600 for a PS3, should have a gamertag that looks like this......[/b][/color]

[img]http://www.gnb.ca/0113/access-trans/Handicap-Logo-sm.jpg[/img][/quote]

Actually anyone that still thinks the XBOX360 is a better system should have the gamer tag like that.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='506346' date='Jun 30 2007, 07:14 PM']Actually anyone that still thinks the XBOX360 is a better system should have the gamer tag like that.[/quote]

aside from a blueray player, what exactly does the ps3 have the 360 doesnt?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='506354' date='Jun 30 2007, 08:09 PM']aside from a blueray player, what exactly does the ps3 have the 360 doesnt?[/quote]

unless you have the elite which is 100 dollars less than the PS3 you dont get the built in wireless capability, the ability to connect 7 bluetooth devices, and 6 axis controllers. however the blueray player which currently will run you $999.99 id say is a pretty big deal.

right now the only thing the XBOX has going for it is its game selection. by this time next year the PS3 will have a ton of titles and that arguement will no longer be valid. honestly the main reason XBOX owners trash talk the PS3 is because of its cost. If you take the Xbox360 (not the core) and pay 100 dollars for the wireless adapter plus pay for your yearly subscription to XBOX live you are at $559.99, buy the ps3 with built in wireless play online for free and get a blueray player for 599.99 sign me up. The PS3 is a better value for the dollar.

Guest steggyD
Ok, so let's say we're not looking to get a blueray player, but a video game system. And I swear that I'm not playing on an elite system, yet it has wireless capabilities?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='506409' date='Jul 1 2007, 12:11 AM']unless you have the elite which is 100 dollars less than the PS3 you dont get the built in wireless capability, the ability to connect 7 bluetooth devices, and 6 axis controllers. however the blueray player which currently will run you $999.99 id say is a pretty big deal.

right now the only thing the XBOX has going for it is its game selection. by this time next year the PS3 will have a ton of titles and that arguement will no longer be valid. honestly the main reason XBOX owners trash talk the PS3 is because of its cost. If you take the Xbox360 (not the core) and pay 100 dollars for the wireless adapter plus pay for your yearly subscription to XBOX live you are at $559.99, buy the ps3 with built in wireless play online for free and get a blueray player for 599.99 sign me up. The PS3 is a better value for the dollar.[/quote]
the ps3 will enver come near the good selection of the 360. ps2 had the selection and sony has lost a lot of companies and games. in fact many of their sony only titles are looking to go multiplaform or just microsoft. sony has screwed over a lot of the gaming companies and microsoft has actually tried to be very helpful with them (to win them over). The 360 has games that Sony cant really touch: Halo, Gears of War to name the 2 biggest.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='506409' date='Jul 1 2007, 12:11 AM']unless you have the elite which is 100 dollars less than the PS3 you dont get the built in wireless capability, the ability to connect 7 bluetooth devices, and 6 axis controllers. however the blueray player which currently will run you $999.99 id say is a pretty big deal.

right now the only thing the XBOX has going for it is its game selection. by this time next year the PS3 will have a ton of titles and that arguement will no longer be valid. honestly the main reason XBOX owners trash talk the PS3 is because of its cost. If you take the Xbox360 (not the core) and pay 100 dollars for the wireless adapter plus pay for your yearly subscription to XBOX live you are at $559.99, buy the ps3 with built in wireless play online for free and get a blueray player for 599.99 sign me up. The PS3 is a better value for the dollar.[/quote]
Online wireless sucks. I saved that hundred dollars by using an ethernet cable, and I don't get all laggy and shit.

Sony dropped the ball, and it's not only the price. If they wanted to take a bite out of the next gen market from the Xbox360, they should of had way more systems available at launch. They do that shortage shit to build up the hype, but they couldn't afford to this time around. Plus the release titles were some of the worst release titles I can remember for any system. Nothing stuck out as a must buy game.

Also, the free online play really isn't worth a shit if there aren't too many people online to play. I'd rather pay $50 a year for a service that I know will have a bunch of people to play against.

i do have the elite, which still doesnt have built in wireless, nor do i want the wireless, i prefer a hard wired conenction for stability, wireless in my aparrtment gets interefered with too much, but i will surely give the advantage to ps3 there, many DO want the wireless internet connection.

FOr PS3:
-Wireless internet built in
-blu ray(i guess, if blur ray wins the hd/br battle, which they should)
-sd memory options, etc. cool for photo sharing and stuff.

Who Cares PS3:
-7 bluetooth devices *clears throat* seriously, when does this come in handy? never, thats when.
-6 controllers - again, never come in handy, you dont know 6 people with a ps3, and your not gonna spend $300 to have 6 controllers, and never, as an adult, do 6 people play a video game at the same time as your house. and you can do 4 wireless and up to 4 wired with the 360, so thats 8, if your into that sorta thing.

XBOX:
-connect to pc play all music videos and movies streaming from pc
-$120-300 less
-options (base model, base+ storage, best) not forcee fed components)
-comes with hdmi cable & component and ragular

-how many $30 blu ray movies do you own? that didnt come free with ps3 that is
-you expect xbox to stop making games? somehow the ps3 will catch up?
-blue ray palyers are about $500 already www.bestbuy.com (sony one mind you)
-who wants to watch movies on a video game system?

both systems have pros and cons, the only longterm advantage with the ps3 is the potential blue ray, whiuch by the time blue ray has "taken over" players will be $200-400 and be pretty standard.

tjhe xbox allows you to be cheap and buy only what you want or need and upgrgade later, the ps3 forces one of two hard drives to you, which is messed up with all of the storage options, why charge me for a 60 gb hard drive, $100 mind you, when i can toss a usb entertnal on there, and have 200GB for that same 200 and it be removeable. the graphics are the same, the processors are the same, blu ray is it, and i would be 99% of ps3 owners havent purchased a single blu ray movie, some have, but not many, they are pricey.

i will own a ps3 within the year im sure, as well as a wii, hell i can get a ps3 under face value right now on ebay, in another 6 months even cheaper. neither console has a "must have" advantage, and the 360 alklows you to startt at half the price the ps3 does, and you can have the xbox, with double the hard drive, add wireless, for still $20 cheaper than the ps3.

the other minimal advantage is free online play, which is great, but you can get 12 month xbox live cards on ebay for $24.99, $2/month is truely nothing.

[quote name='Soundwave' post='506429' date='Jul 1 2007, 04:11 AM']Online wireless sucks. I saved that hundred dollars by using an ethernet cable, and I don't get all laggy and shit.

Sony dropped the ball, and it's not only the price. If they wanted to take a bite out of the next gen market from the Xbox360, they should of had way more systems available at launch. They do that shortage shit to build up the hype, but they couldn't afford to this time around. Plus the release titles were some of the worst release titles I can remember for any system. Nothing stuck out as a must buy game.

Also, the free online play really isn't worth a shit if there aren't too many people online to play. I'd rather pay $50 a year for a service that I know will have a bunch of people to play against.[/quote]

a good wireless router is sweet for online play, but the average joe doesnt have a great router, just one that works for thier laptop needs, wireless can work sometime better than a hardwired connection, but without solid conditions, you can drop the signal for manyy reasons...not ps3's fault really.

games at launch is one thing, for a serious gamer, for teh average joe, really no biggie, im not trying to buy 15 games at launch, i will own maybe 5015 games over the next 12-18 months counting the 5-6 i already have... and they will release about 200.... and a year from now, "games at launch" wont relaly matter, but i agree on the shortage at launch ps3 had, but xbox is pulling the same shit, took me 2 weeks to find an elite, tho the core and premium are everywhere still....

[quote name='GoBengals' post='506451' date='Jul 1 2007, 12:46 PM']a good wireless router is sweet for online play, but the average joe doesnt have a great router, just one that works for thier laptop needs, wireless can work sometime better than a hardwired connection, but without solid conditions, you can drop the signal for manyy reasons...not ps3's fault really.

games at launch is one thing, for a serious gamer, for teh average joe, really no biggie, im not trying to buy 15 games at launch, i will own maybe 5015 games over the next 12-18 months counting the 5-6 i already have... and they will release about 200.... and a year from now, "games at launch" wont relaly matter, but i agree on the shortage at launch ps3 had, but xbox is pulling the same shit, took me 2 weeks to find an elite, tho the core and premium are everywhere still....[/quote]
The thing about PS3's launch titles was that not one of them were worth a damn. They need something that makes the consumer feel like there is something right away that they need to play. If there isn't, people are going to jump to the other system that already has those games.

As for the Xbox 360 Elite, M$ could pull a stunt like that because they already had control of the market, and the new people could still get themselves a core or premium. Sony had nothing else to fall back on.

[quote name='Soundwave' post='506462' date='Jul 1 2007, 01:16 PM']The thing about PS3's launch titles was that not one of them were worth a damn. They need something that makes the consumer feel like there is something right away that they need to play. If there isn't, people are going to jump to the other system that already has those games.

As for the Xbox 360 Elite, M$ could pull a stunt like that because they already had control of the market, and the new people could still get themselves a core or premium. [b]Sony had nothing else to fall back on.[/b][/quote]

except that the PS2 is still the best selling system out there. [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28sixth_generation%29#PlayStation_2"](CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE)[/url] Again I work for an electronics retailer (bestbuy) and get reports of this stuff weekly. Go, the Blueray player going on sale at 499.99 isnt available at my store but I knew it would be available in the near future. but why pay 500 dollars for a blueray player when you can get your nextgen gaming system and blueray for 100 dollars more.

as far as sony offering two different sized harddrives that is no longer true. the 20gb system was discontinued and was only made available at launch for those customers that didnt want to spend the extra 100 dollars. but let me ask you this... why did you buy an elite if its only pro was its larger harddrive? and i think available HDMI port. I can respect the fact that your not bashing the PS3. you felt that the 360 was a better value for the dollar at the time of your purchase and I dont fault you for that one bit. actually im a bit shocked that you arent bashing the system like the other 360 owners. again for gaming only the 360 has more titles thus making it the more gamer friendly system at this time. but currently i own 15 blueray movies and because of my employee discount im getting my controllers and blueray titles at a reasonable price. I have had more than 6 people at my house wanting to play madden at one time. But because at the time we could only play 4 players using the multitap on my ps2 we had to rotate controllers.

Point is, im not going to bash the 360 because it will play nextgen games at a decent price. but I will continue to believe that the ps3 is a better value for the dollar until someone can prove otherwise.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='506489' date='Jul 1 2007, 02:57 PM']except that the PS2 is still the best selling system out there. [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28sixth_generation%29#PlayStation_2"](CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE)[/url] Again I work for an electronics retailer (bestbuy) and get reports of this stuff weekly. Go, the Blueray player going on sale at 499.99 isnt available at my store but I knew it would be available in the near future. but why pay 500 dollars for a blueray player when you can get your nextgen gaming system and blueray for 100 dollars more.

as far as sony offering two different sized harddrives that is no longer true. the 20gb system was discontinued and was only made available at launch for those customers that didnt want to spend the extra 100 dollars. but let me ask you this... why did you buy an elite if its only pro was its larger harddrive? and i think available HDMI port. I can respect the fact that your not bashing the PS3. you felt that the 360 was a better value for the dollar at the time of your purchase and I dont fault you for that one bit. actually im a bit shocked that you arent bashing the system like the other 360 owners. again for gaming only the 360 has more titles thus making it the more gamer friendly system at this time. but currently i own 15 blueray movies and because of my employee discount im getting my controllers and blueray titles at a reasonable price. I have had more than 6 people at my house wanting to play madden at one time. But because at the time we could only play 4 players using the multitap on my ps2 we had to rotate controllers.

Point is, im not going to bash the 360 because it will play nextgen games at a decent price. but I will continue to believe that the ps3 is a better value for the dollar until someone can prove otherwise.[/quote]
The people who buy a last generation system this late are typically not the type of people who will fork out the money for a PS3 or 360 until one of them drop their price dramatically. By time that happens, it could be too late for Sony.

1. Blue Ray isnt the standard yet, when and if it becomes the standard I highly doubt the players will be as expensive as they are right now, and I imagine that microsoft is smart enough to provide an external player like they do now for HD-DVD. But hey if you want to pay that kind of money to be early adpoters on a non-standard technology be my guest.
2. Can the PS3 stream music/pics/videos stored on their computer hard drive therefore saving me gigs of data and allowing me to only have to put game data on my hard drive? That alone is AWSOME!!!

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='506489' date='Jul 1 2007, 02:57 PM']except that the PS2 is still the best selling system out there. [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28sixth_generation%29#PlayStation_2"](CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE)[/url] Again I work for an electronics retailer (bestbuy) and get reports of this stuff weekly. Go, the Blueray player going on sale at 499.99 isnt available at my store but I knew it would be available in the near future. but why pay 500 dollars for a blueray player when you can get your nextgen gaming system and blueray for 100 dollars more.

Point is, im not going to bash the 360 because it will play nextgen games at a decent price. but I will continue to believe that the ps3 is a better value for the dollar until someone can prove otherwise.[/quote]

your situation is unique working for BB i have 2 friends with a 360 and 3 with a ps3 now, none of them own a single blue ray disc, except taladega nights that came with it. i wouldnt buy the $500 blue ray player, i was simply combating the $1,000 price given, i wont be buying a blue ray player anytime soon, if it werent for winnie the pooh and spongebob squarepants i wouldnt ever dust off my dvd player, downloads are about all i use these days.

the 60gb seems odd once you realize you can use so many other memory forms, i have a 4GB usb flash drive, that would cover just about any saves i would need, and a external usb hard drive is cheaper that what they are claiming to charge for the "extra" hard drive space. they should relaunch the 20GB, i would buy it sooner, cause i know i can backup shit elsewhere easier.

my reasons for going with the elite are, in order, its black, hdmi, storage, .... the hdmi makes a semi noticeable difference on my projection, probably not so much on an LCD or plasma,

[quote name='Soundwave' post='506494' date='Jul 1 2007, 03:16 PM']The people who buy a last generation system this late are typically not the type of people who will fork out the money for a PS3 or 360 until one of them drop their price dramatically. By time that happens, it could be too late for Sony.[/quote]

this next xmas will tell the tale of the two systems, if either one can grab a decent percent of the marketplace they will either takeover or staple both in a long term battle with eachother.

both have so much money in backing it would be tough to snipe either of them out completely.. especially with the success of ps2 and ms in general.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='506695' date='Jul 2 2007, 12:34 PM']:contract: can we not have a peacful thread about our PS's without all you 360 cock suckers highjacking our conversation :contract:
:ninja:[/quote]

No.

[url="http://news.com.com/Wii+outsells+PS3+in+Japan+6+to+1/2100-1043_3-6194474.html?tag=nefd.top"]Wii outsells PS3 in Japan 6 to 1[/url]

:whistle: :wave:

Archived