Conine to Mets

[quote][size=3][b]Conine to Mets[/b][/size]

Cincinnati Reds Executive Vice President and General Manager Wayne Krivsky today announced the acquisition of SS Jose Castro and OF Sean Henry from the New York Mets in exchange for IF/OF Jeff Conine.

IF/OF Jorge Cantu will be recalled from Louisville to take Conine's spot on the roster. Castro and Henry will be assigned to Class AA Chattanooga.

Castro, 20, this season batted .318 with 2 HR, 25 RBI and 7 stolen bases for Class A St. Lucie. He ranked second in the Florida State League in batting average.

Henry, who turned 22 on Wednesday, hit .293 with 26 doubles, 7 triples, 11 HR, 57 RBI and 18 stolen bases in 114 games at St. Lucie. He is tied for first in the FSL in hits (132) and tied for third in triples.[/quote]

[url="http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html"]http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html[/url]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='530938' date='Aug 20 2007, 06:40 PM']Thank God, Hatteburg needs to play every day. Conine has been solid, but Hatteburg is a better all around hitter.[/quote]

Conine was money in the clutch. Hatteberg isn't much younger...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='531036' date='Aug 20 2007, 09:08 PM']cantu/keppinger are going to play some 1B with him.[/quote]
Maybe, but I don't see Keppinger stealing much 1b time as of now. It's a shame that an overrated player like Freel gets hurt and we can't figure out a way to get the guys that matter all in there at the same time without infringing on positions!
I think that Phillips, Keppinger, hamilton, Dunn, Griffey, Encarnacion, Hopper, Hateburg and Valentin should all play together from here on out. Problem is, there's too many OF's........

Good for Jeff Conine.

Hope he gets his third ring.

And can ANYONE explain to me why Johnny Cuetto goes 3 games in Louisville with a microscopic ERA and a 2-1 record, then gets sent back down to Chattanooga and gets rocked? Why does management continue to make perplexing decisions that do nothing but mess with the heads of the young guys.

Archived