We WILL Beat New England

[quote name='Patsfan_in_Canada' post='556664' date='Sep 24 2007, 05:03 PM']Hi, new here...

Any team is beatable in NFL so a Bengals win is possible. Don't undermine your chances. Good luck next week.

And I don't think will go 16-0 (my guess is rather 12-4).
And Actium, are you a Haydn fan? :)[/quote]
Welcome abord, eh!

:D

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='556468' date='Sep 24 2007, 08:23 AM'][b]I hate New England with a passion but whoever thinks we are going to beat tehm is on hallucionogenics[/b][/quote]

Far from it. Any Bengals fan who has been paying attention during the Marvin era, even one as pessimistic as me, knows that this is the kind of game the Bengals win.

Right now, The Patriots look like Madden 07 when you make a team with all 99's though, so I don't know...

But Damnit, WHO DEY!!!!!

[quote name='Patsfan_in_Canada' post='556664' date='Sep 24 2007, 11:03 AM']Hi, new here...

Any team is beatable in NFL so a Bengals win is possible. Don't undermine your chances. Good luck next week.

And I don't think will go 16-0 (my guess is rather 12-4).
And Actium, are you a Haydn fan? :)[/quote]

I am a HUGE Haydn fan, or as I call him, the Man. I didn't know the avatar successfully switched, did it? I tried to put a Haynd portrait up there but it still has Faust and Mephistopheles to me.

The Creation is flooring, his symphonies are glorious, and his quartets are hypnotizing. Are you a fan as well?

I concur about your assessment of your team. I didn't think the changes were going to be as significant, but it seems they will. I'm thinking you guys will be 14-2 or so when the smoke clears--hopefully we inflict one of those 2.

:D

[quote name='Patsfan_in_Canada' post='556679' date='Sep 24 2007, 05:12 PM']It's the Anglos who say that (eh). I'm a frenchy... ;)[/quote]
Then never mind

[s]Welcome aboard[/s]

:ninja:

We've got a few Bengal fans here from the great white north. Good to have you aboard.

edit: :blink: :blink:

I am going effing blind... I just noticed it's PATs fan in Canada... Why the hell am I being friendly :huh:

[quote name='Actium' post='556681' date='Sep 24 2007, 12:13 PM']I am a HUGE Haydn fan, or as I call him, the Man. I didn't know the avatar successfully switched, did it? I tried to put a Haynd portrait up there but it still has Faust and Mephistopheles to me.

The Creation is flooring, his symphonies are glorious, and his quartets are hypnotizing. Are you a fan as well?

I concur about your assessment of your team. I didn't think the changes were going to be as significant, but it seems they will. I'm thinking you guys will be 14-2 or so when the smoke clears--hopefully we inflict one of those 2.

:D[/quote]

Let's have a big virtual and musical hug. Haydn is, with Handel, my favorite composer..... :)

[quote name='Patsfan_in_Canada' post='556703' date='Sep 24 2007, 11:43 AM']Let's have a big virtual and musical hug. Haydn is, with Handel, my favorite composer..... :)[/quote]

Handel is awesome too. Someone stole one of my CDs a long time ago, with the Organ Concerto No. 3 (I think, isn't it called something like the Cuckoo & the Nightingale), I miss that one. Water music, what would wedding planners do without it?

My favorite composer if Mahler but Haydn is right there in the pantheon. I also really like Bruckner and other Romantic composers. Haydn was for me the greatest of all Classical epoch composers, and the supreme innovator. When I listen to his music I have to wonder how anyone else couldn't love it.

Anyway, so as not to completely hijack the thread, the Patriots must be stopped...no matter the cost. (Cue "You've Got the Touch")

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='556683' date='Sep 24 2007, 12:18 PM']Then never mind

[s]Welcome aboard[/s]

:ninja:

We've got a few Bengal fans here from the great white north. Good to have you aboard.

edit: :blink: :blink:

I am going effing blind... I just noticed it's PATs fan in Canada... Why the hell am I being friendly :huh:[/quote]

Because I am polite? :P

I think this team is gonna move on after this loss and get ready for next week against New England. After the loss to Seattle, I think all they gotta do is play better football. They got to execute better and uh... you know, just start playing better football. Yep... simple... if they can do that, its a win for sure.

[quote name='Jrod' post='556821' date='Sep 24 2007, 04:39 PM']I think this team is gonna move on after this loss and get ready for next week against New England. After the loss to Seattle, I think all they gotta do is play better football. They got to execute better and uh... you know, just start playing better football. Yep... simple... if they can do that, its a win for sure.[/quote]

Was this a synopsis of Marvin's press conference?

[quote name='IKOTA' post='556833' date='Sep 24 2007, 01:31 PM']Was this a synopsis of Marvin's press conference?[/quote]
It's a prediction of what he will say tomorrow.
I honestly don't know why he doesn't just walk up to the podium, set down a tape recorder and just push "play". I wouldn't mind. It would essentuially be the same thing.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='556845' date='Sep 24 2007, 03:53 PM']It's a prediction of what he will say tomorrow.
I honestly don't know why he doesn't just walk up to the podium, set down a tape recorder and just push "play". I wouldn't mind. It would essentuially be the same thing.[/quote]
lmao

sad but so true

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='556849' date='Sep 24 2007, 02:58 PM']Its funny I was watching a post game press conference by a HOF coach yesterday.

Joe Gibbs was almost word for word on some of Marvins press conferences. Ill see if I can find it later, but Gibbs is a HOF coach, and it was almost identical.[/quote]

He's a HOF coach for his past achievements, not lately. Plus having some rings will allow you to be more terse and supercilious. Marvin should wait to go Olympian after he hoists the Lombardi.

[quote name='Actium' post='556850' date='Sep 24 2007, 01:59 PM']He's a HOF coach for his past achievements, not lately. Plus having some rings will allow you to be more terse and supercilious. Marvin should wait to go Olympian after he hoists the Lombardi.[/quote]
It's taken Joe awhile to get back into the swing of things re: the modern NFL era, free agency, etc, but the Skins are 3-0 right now.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='556858' date='Sep 24 2007, 03:03 PM']It's taken Joe awhile to get back into the swing of things re: the modern NFL era, free agency, etc, but the Skins are 3-0 right now.[/quote]

they should be 3-0, didn't they lose on a goal-line stand in the last second? They couldn't get into the endzone I think. They were winning handily early.

[quote]Who was comparing them ?
I was comparing games in which no one gave or are giving them a shot.

And I`m being as "realistic" as you are.

I`m not saying we`re going to shut them out.
Or beat them by double digits. But I do think we can and will win.

The Pats aren`t going to go undefeated. The Bengals haven`t gotten
pounded by anyone. They`ll be an underdog, pissed off, fired up, at home,
Nationally televised, wearing Orange jerseys and hopefully healthier.
I like our chances . . .[/quote]

I love reading Old's posts ! I think he should be a motivational speaker.

Archived