California Fires to be Declared Work of Arsonists

Actium

[quote name='DICKMAN' post='577669' date='Oct 24 2007, 05:31 PM']shhhh!!! Don't tell anyone!!!

[img]http://pic30.picturetrail.com/VOL1537/9547214/17397637/284677702.jpg[/img]

:ninja:[/quote]

Did your place burn? I've got family who might be in a bit of trouble, in Scripps Ranch. :huh:

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='577672' date='Oct 24 2007, 02:39 PM']Did your place burn? I've got family who might be in a bit of trouble, in Scripps Ranch. :huh:[/quote]

it's about 1 mile away as of now.....

[img]http://pic30.picturetrail.com/VOL1537/9547214/17397637/284988717.jpg[/img]

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='577690' date='Oct 24 2007, 03:09 PM']I was thinking this after seeing how far spread the fires are apart. Who ever did this if true should get the death penalty.....by fire ;)[/quote]

i agree but, not all of them are arson. The other day was the anniversary of the fires 4 years ago in the same areas.

It's a mix of the climate and santa anna winds.

Since living in Jamul, CA i've seen plenty of fires but, with the winds that were going on the other day their's no way to stop them! My trees were blowing at 45 degree angles! Seemed like I was walking uphill. (acid flashback :blush: )

Just today another fire started, it went from a couple feet to 10 acres in a matter of minutes.

[quote name='DICKMAN' post='577696' date='Oct 24 2007, 05:20 PM']i agree but, not all of them are arson. The other day was the anniversary of the fires 4 years ago in the same areas.

It's a mix of the climate and santa anna winds.

Since living in Jamul, CA i've seen plenty of fires but, with the winds that were going on the other day their's no way to stop them! My trees were blowing at 45 degree angles! Seemed like I was walking uphill. (acid flashback :blush: )

Just today another fire started, it went from a couple feet to 10 acres in a matter of minutes.[/quote]

hmm, so maybe a combo of nature and some guys out to get big insurance claims?

[quote name='Actium' post='577713' date='Oct 24 2007, 03:49 PM']hmm, so maybe a combo of nature and some guys out to get big insurance claims?[/quote]

people are definately trying to "come up". Looters are being caught daily. my trucks sitting at my house now and you're damn sure i made sure i had full coverage the other day.

[quote name='DICKMAN' post='577720' date='Oct 24 2007, 06:10 PM']people are definately trying to "come up". Looters are being caught daily. my trucks sitting at my house now and you're damn sure i made sure i had full coverage the other day.[/quote]

I got my fingers crossed for you man. Hope everything works out

As Stray said, arsonists that set fires in areas of the country that are particularly prone to wildfires due to natural conditions should literally be put to death for all the problems these fires have caused. I mean it, they deserve it. It's a horrible thing to do.

Loss of life and property sucks and all, but people who live in chaparral are ASKING FOR IT. Fire is a natural component of the ecosystem out west and no amount of Smokey the Bear PSA's are going to change that. In fact, Smokey has made things worse over the years by allowing fuel to accumulate.

These people in California are just like hurricane victims, tornado victims, etc. It sucks, but they can't say they didn't see it coming.

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='577727' date='Oct 24 2007, 04:31 PM']Loss of life and property sucks and all, but people who live in chaparral are ASKING FOR IT. Fire is a natural component of the ecosystem out west and no amount of Smokey the Bear PSA's are going to change that. In fact, Smokey has made things worse over the years by allowing fuel to accumulate.

These people in California are just like hurricane victims, tornado victims, etc. It sucks, but they can't say they didn't see it coming.[/quote]

i'm sorry for defending your freedom to say stupid shit.

:ninja:

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='577730' date='Oct 24 2007, 04:35 PM']You fought in the Revolutionary War?

:ninja:[/quote]

haha!
what i was implying was that it's not my choice to live here. i can't wait to get out of the military.

(and by defending your freedom, i mean sitting at a computer reading various forums in a uniform.)

[quote name='DICKMAN' post='577731' date='Oct 24 2007, 06:39 PM']haha!
what i was implying was that it's not my choice to live here. i can't wait to get out of the military.

(and by defending your freedom, i mean sitting at a computer reading various forums in a uniform.)[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='DICKMAN' post='577731' date='Oct 24 2007, 07:39 PM']haha!

(and by defending your freedom, i mean sitting at a computer reading various forums in a uniform.)[/quote]

Carry on, sailor.

(unless you're a soldier or jarhead or something else)

:ninja:

While I agree with Cincy's main thrust (ie, people that live in the floodplain of a river that floods regularly every 30 years shouldn't have recourse to complain when the inevitable happens), intentionally starting fires in an area already prone to them (and an area where once they start they are very difficult to control) is a pretty grievous crime in my book.
This isn't an earthquake, hurricane, etc, this was an intentional act (well, some of the fires anyway) that deserves capital punishment.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='577748' date='Oct 24 2007, 04:54 PM']While I agree with Cincy's main thrust (ie, people that live in the floodplain of a river that floods regularly every 30 years shouldn't have recourse to complain when the inevitable happens), intentionally starting fires in an area already prone to them (and an area where once they start they are very difficult to control) is a pretty grievous crime in my book.
This isn't an earthquake, hurricane, etc, this was an intentional act (well, some of the fires anyway) that deserves capital punishment.[/quote]

word.

but, what's the chance of catching anyone? considering the population as well as undocumented immagrants and lack of police force at the present time.

[quote name='DICKMAN' post='577753' date='Oct 24 2007, 07:59 PM']word.

but, what's the chance of catching anyone? considering the population as well as undocumented immagrants and lack of police force at the present time.[/quote]

depends on motive. I watch too much Law & Order.

Archived