A little Halloween story

MULLY

Yesterday was Halloween, we don't celebrate Halloween here in Japan other than decorations. Trick or treating does not exist. Since I'm a school teacher I do my best to let my kids experience western culture as best they can by interacting with me. Yesterday I grabbed a couple of bags of those mixed mini chocolate bars and took them to school. When I was in class I was talking to the kids about Halloween. I asked them if they know what words to use when asking for candy. One boy in the back of the room struggled a little but he got the words "trick or treat" out. I then raised the bag of candy from behind the desk, they didn't know I had it, and had him come up to get a piece. The kids were a bit confused as to why I gave him the chocolate bar but after 2 or 3 more kids said "trick or treat" and I motioned for them to come up they caught on and were jumping out of their chairs to get some chocolate. That's about all there is to the story. I know it's not all that exciting but it feels good to see kids smile and it feels even better to see that look in their eyes when they realize that they've picked up on a way to do something.
MULLY
these were high school freshmen (15-16 years old)

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='582712' date='Nov 1 2007, 09:20 AM']Yesterday was Halloween, we don't celebrate Halloween here in Japan other than decorations. Trick or treating does not exist. Since I'm a school teacher I do my best to let my kids experience western culture as best they can by interacting with me. Yesterday I grabbed a couple of bags of those mixed mini chocolate bars and took them to school. When I was in class I was talking to the kids about Halloween. I asked them if they know what words to use when asking for candy. One boy in the back of the room struggled a little but he got the words "trick or treat" out. I then raised the bag of candy from behind the desk, they didn't know I had it, and had him come up to get a piece. The kids were a bit confused as to why I gave him the chocolate bar but after 2 or 3 more kids said "trick or treat" and I motioned for them to come up they caught on and were jumping out of their chairs to get some chocolate. That's about all there is to the story. I know it's not all that exciting but it feels good to see kids smile and it feels even better to see that look in their eyes when they realize that they've picked up on a way to do something.
MULLY
these were high school freshmen (15-16 years old)[/quote]
Pervert.....altering childrens behavior with candy...wow, just wow. Wait until Scarlet finds out about this. :D

Seriously it must be refreshing and intriguing to teach in another culture like that where many things that you take for granted are foreign.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='582712' date='Nov 1 2007, 09:20 AM']Yesterday was Halloween, we don't celebrate Halloween here in Japan other than decorations. Trick or treating does not exist. Since I'm a school teacher I do my best to let my kids experience western culture as best they can by interacting with me. Yesterday I grabbed a couple of bags of those mixed mini chocolate bars and took them to school. When I was in class I was talking to the kids about Halloween. I asked them if they know what words to use when asking for candy. One boy in the back of the room struggled a little but he got the words "trick or treat" out. I then raised the bag of candy from behind the desk, they didn't know I had it, and had him come up to get a piece. The kids were a bit confused as to why I gave him the chocolate bar but after 2 or 3 more kids said "trick or treat" and I motioned for them to come up they caught on and were jumping out of their chairs to get some chocolate. That's about all there is to the story. I know it's not all that exciting but it feels good to see kids smile and it feels even better to see that look in their eyes when they realize that they've picked up on a way to do something.
MULLY
these were high school freshmen (15-16 years old)[/quote]

That's great man, we need more teachers that care and get that much enjoyment out of their jobs like that in the states.

-E

[quote name='esjbh2' post='582789' date='Nov 1 2007, 11:37 AM'][b]Pervert.....altering childrens behavior with candy...wow, just wow[/b]. Wait until Scarlet finds out about this. :D

Seriously it must be refreshing and intriguing to teach in another culture like that where many things that you take for granted are foreign.[/quote]

Yeah, let me guess, this is your van, too:

[img]http://hunch.se/stuff/free_candy.jpg[/img]

[quote name='85fanwilkes' post='587679' date='Nov 7 2007, 03:58 AM']That is awesome mully. That is why time and time again you are on of my favorite overall poster.[/quote]

And because I also have big, succulent bitch tits with big hairy man nipples.
MULLY

Archived