Redskins' Taylor Is Shot at His Home

Jamie_B

[quote]Eight days before the attack someone pried open a front window, rifled through drawers and left a kitchen knife on a bed at Taylor's home, according to police.

"They're really sifting through that incident and today's incident," Miami-Dade Detective Mario Rachid said, "to see if there's any correlation."[/quote]

Officer Barbrady is still trying to determine if these events are related, but this seems to not be a random break-in, as many have suggested. Who knows what he was up to or whom he spit on, but I'm not assuming he was simply a victim of burglary anymore. I mean, when your house is broken into twice in a week, and the first time they leave a knife on a bed and don't take anything...well you can do the math.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='600326' date='Nov 27 2007, 11:26 AM']Officer Barbrady is still trying to determine if these events are related, but this seems to not be a random break-in, as many have suggested. Who knows what he was up to or whom he spit on, but I'm not assuming he was simply a victim of burglary anymore. I mean, when your house is broken into twice in a week, and the first time they leave a knife on a bed and don't take anything...well you can do the math.[/quote]

Why does that even matter? The man was shot in his bedroom and leaves a wife and 1 year old daughter and your first thought is "Well he did something to deserve it"?

Sad.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='600329' date='Nov 27 2007, 11:29 AM']Why does that even matter? The man was shot in his bedroom and leaves a wife and 1 year old daughter and your first thought is "Well he did something to deserve it"?

Sad.[/quote]

No. It is tragic when people are killed, no matter the circumstances - I don't support the death penalty myself. That being said, I think its naive to portray him as a victim of a random break-in. He made risky life decisions, and it appears to have cost him. Its not like you can even say he was pressed into those decisions because of his rough upbringing - his father is a police chief after all. Still undoubtedly sad, and I think I most regret hearing that his child was changing his demeanor and lifestyle; it is tragic that it appears this came too late.

I don't want to be an ass, but I don't want to be naive either. I think most people would consider it more regrettable for someone who lives a clean and honest life to be killed, let's say, by a drunk driver, than for a crack addict to be killed trying to steal for money. In the latter case, as in Taylor's case, most would lament the circumstances which cause people to lead to their own downfall, and regret that nobody was able to help them change their ways.

For the record, hoesn't leave behind a wife, and I pity his daughter more than anyone else in this case.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='600336' date='Nov 27 2007, 11:45 AM']No. It is tragic when people are killed, no matter the circumstances - I don't support the death penalty myself. That being said, I think its naive to portray him as a victim of a random break-in. He made risky life decisions, and it appears to have cost him. Its not like you can even say he was pressed into those decisions because of his rough upbringing - his father is a police chief after all. Still undoubtedly sad, and I think I most regret hearing that his child was changing his demeanor and lifestyle; it is tragic that it appears this came too late.

I don't want to be an ass, but I don't want to be naive either. I think most people would consider it more regrettable for someone who lives a clean and honest life to be killed, let's say, by a drunk driver, than for a crack addict to be killed trying to steal for money. In the latter case, as in Taylor's case, most would lament the circumstances which cause people to lead to their own downfall, and regret that nobody was able to help them change their ways.

For the record, hoesn't leave behind a wife, and I pity his daughter more than anyone else in this case.[/quote]

sad, sad reply... being a knucklehead is different from being an ex-knucklehead...

i just heard joe gibbs press conference and he was genuinely happy about his role in helping taylor turn his life around... gibbs doesn't come accross as someone that will pat himself on the back to make himself look better... i believe him...

on a side note, we need more joe gibbs in this world...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='600419' date='Nov 27 2007, 04:26 PM']sad, sad reply... being a knucklehead is different from being an ex-knucklehead...

i just heard joe gibbs press conference and he was genuinely happy about his role in helping taylor turn his life around... gibbs doesn't come accross as someone that will pat himself on the back to make himself look better... i believe him...

on a side note, we need more joe gibbs in this world...[/quote]

Funny thing is, it could have been him trying to become an ex-knucklehead that got him killled. It could have pissed off an old Thug friend or maybe he didn't do something for someone who thought he owed it too him. Still don't understand how such a "knucklehead" could possibly live with out a gun. Just imagine, he could have just blown the guy away and survived.

Pretty sad story, no matter the reason. All though, considering it was the 2nd break-in in 8 days, I don't think it was a random robbery.

Archived