!!! Official Bengals at 49ers Gameday thread !!!

[quote name='SF2' post='609951' date='Dec 15 2007, 10:16 PM']Rudi is the bestest ever. No way we should ever get rid of him. He is way better than everyone.[/quote]

I haven`t seen anyone call him the best ever . . . EVER.

[quote]Palmer is also the bestest QB in the NFL. Way better than the Steelers guy and Anderson.[/quote]

He is. He hit Chad with the pass. He does lock on to players
before the snap though. And he doesn`t trust his O-line enough.
Maybe that`s why he locks on to players before the snap though ?

[quote]BTW, we only scored 13 against the fucking 49ers. 13FUCKING POINTS against a crap team with a QB who started the season washing dishes at the local Elks lodge.[/quote]

We couldn`t score mainly because our Defense
couldn`t get off the fucking field.

The 49ers had the ball for about 13 minutes in the 3rd quarter alone.

Our Offense has been disappointing, to say the least, this season though.

[quote]WE SUCK[/quote]

You have a turd in your pocket ?
Grab a straw, because you suck !

^_^

[quote]We will lose to the Dolphins to retake our rightfull place as the laughing stock of the league.[/quote]

Rightful place ? Seems like you want us to be there.
It gives your misery fuel.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='609965' date='Dec 15 2007, 11:22 PM']I haven`t seen anyone call him the best ever . . . EVER.

He is. He hit Chad with the pass. He does lock on to players
before the snap though. And he doesn`t trust his O-line enough.
Maybe that`s why he locks on to players before the snap though ?[/quote]

Excuse me but how many 3rd down's did Carson and company convert? How about 3 of 10 for a paltry 33% against the 23rd ranked defense in the NFL. Its 4th and 3 with 2:20 left on the clock and instead of doing what good teams do and run a 5 yard quick play we throw for the endzone. STUPID. Palmer is a veteran QB. No way Manning and Brady don't go for the high percentage play in that circumstance. We went for a low percentage play and it didn't work.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='609965' date='Dec 15 2007, 11:22 PM']We couldn`t score mainly because our Defense
couldn`t get off the fucking field.[/quote]

Nonsense. Our defense held them to 2 field goals in the third quarter. Our offense went 3 and out to start the second half. Basically, the 49er made adjustments at half, we didn't. We handed them the ball after 3 plays and 1 minute of possession.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='609965' date='Dec 15 2007, 11:22 PM']The 49ers had the ball for about 13 minutes in the 3rd quarter alone.[/quote]

Both teams had the same number of total possessions. We had the ball seven times in the game (I don't count the last one in the first half). With those 7 possessions we scored 13 points against the 49ers. Just brutal.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='609965' date='Dec 15 2007, 11:22 PM']Our Offense has been disappointing, to say the least, this season though.

You have a turd in your pocket ?
Grab a straw, because you suck !

^_^

Rightful place ? Seems like you want us to be there.
It gives your misery fuel.[/quote]

Sorry but I will not offer anymore excuses for this team that obviously has checked out for the rest of the season. You can defend them or explain their play all you want. Fact is Miami will see us as their best chance to avoid a total disaster and my gut feeling is our team is playing to not get hurt and make it to the off season.

Rightful place? We have made the playoffs once in 17 years. Once again we are playing our WORST football at the end of the season, not the beginning. Once again we continue to try the same thing over and over again with no success, our play calling is as predictable as the sun coming up and our star QB is NOT reading the defenses very well and not making good plays.

Other than that, the Titanic is fine, just listing a little.

[quote name='SF2' post='610130' date='Dec 16 2007, 08:25 AM']Excuse me but how many 3rd down's did Carson and company convert? How about 3 of 10 for a paltry 33% against the 23rd ranked defense in the NFL. Its 4th and 3 with 2:20 left on the clock and instead of doing what good teams do and run a 5 yard quick play we throw for the endzone. STUPID. Palmer is a veteran QB. No way Manning and Brady don't go for the high percentage play in that circumstance. We went for a low percentage play and it didn't work.[/quote]

He hit Chad right where the ball needed to be.
If Chad makes the catch, we're talking about
what a great call and throw.

You have access to the results, so now it`s stupid.

[quote]Nonsense. Our defense held them to 2 field goals in the third quarter. Our offense went 3 and out to start the second half. Basically, the 49er made adjustments at half, we didn't. We handed them the ball after 3 plays and 1 minute of possession.[/quote]

Our Defense allowed a 3rd string QB that had never started a game
to drive it down their throats in the last 2 minutes of the Half.
THEN they allowed the 49ers to drive it down their throats
for over 6 minutes, and score more points to add to their lead.

[quote]Both teams had the same number of total possessions. We had the ball seven times in the game (I don't count the last one in the first half). With those 7 possessions we scored 13 points against the 49ers. Just brutal.[/quote]

And with 7 possessions, the worst Offense in the NFL, led by a
3rd string QB, scored 4 times. They allowed them to dominate
time of possession, and run the ball down their throats in the
2nd half. Even more brutal.

[quote]Sorry but I will not offer anymore excuses for this team that obviously has checked out for the rest of the season. You can defend them or explain their play all you want. Fact is Miami will see us as their best chance to avoid a total disaster and my gut feeling is our team is playing to not get hurt and make it to the off season.[/quote]

Do you see me making any excuses for this team ?
You`re throwing it all at the feet of Palmer and the Offense.

Looks to me you`re blaming one part of the team.

Fact is about Miami huh ? You don`t think they're looking
at Baltimore like that today ? You think they are just
waiting til the last game of the season ?

[quote]Rightful place? We have made the playoffs once in 17 years. Once again we are playing our WORST football at the end of the season, not the beginning. Once again we continue to try the same thing over and over again with no success, our play calling is as predictable as the sun coming up and our star QB is NOT reading the defenses very well and not making good plays.[/quote]

Really ? We've only made the Playoffs once in 17 years ?
That`s the first time I've heard that. What the hell does
17 years ago have to do with now ? We made the Playoffs
2 years ago. The players, coaches, and play calling has
not a damn thing to do with 17 years ago.

And you think we are playing our worst football of the
season now ? Hell, I thought that was when we started
the season 2-6, and our only wins were against the
Ravens and Jets. Not when we have won 3 out
of the last 6 games. To each their own though.

Our QB made some good throws, people dropped them.
He made some throws where he thought players were
going to be. He had no turnovers, and a QB rating of
97. The only TD we scored was a perfect pass by him.
But let`s ignore all that, and throw him under the bus while
also ignoring the lack of a running game, the poor play by the O-line,
the shitty Defense, and drops by our Pro Bowl caliber WRs . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' post='610143' date='Dec 16 2007, 10:06 AM']He hit Chad right where the ball needed to be.
If Chad makes the catch, we're talking about
what a great call and throw.

You have access to the results, so now it`s stupid.[/quote]

I still consider the 4th and short call Tressel made against Purdue one of the worst calls ever. Yep, they complete it and go on to win the National Championship but it was a low percentage play executed by a marginal QB.

Yes, our defense stinks. We know that. I just keep waiting for a New England type performance by our offense and it just hasn't happened latley. Sure we won 3 of our last 6 but none of those wins can be called dominant or against high caliber teams.

There is no excuse for not being able to run the ball yesterday. The season is over. Give Dorsey and Watson more carries. I think you made the point that everytime DD comes in they know its going to him. Make him or Watson the featured backs and quit giving the defenses this obvious que.

Don't want to argue with you. Just pissed this season has gone this poorly and needed to vent.

You are right Chad should have caught that pass and I believe a high percentage short yard play should have been run. I don't think either of us is wrong.

I honestly think Palmer knows our team has checked out and is rightfully skiddish in the pocket. I can't blame him if this is true.

Archived