Did this team have the talent to make the playoffs?

[quote name='oldschooler' post='614510' date='Dec 27 2007, 09:12 PM']Probably. Ecspecially if it was on the road.

Wait, so you`re going to discount our one Playoff season.
And act like it didn`t matter that the Colts and Bears made
the Super Bowl with a weak schedule, all in the same breath ?

I hate when people do that . . .[/quote]

no, i was quite simply pointing out that there's no way you can compare our one fluke playoff season with them. the colts are no one year wonder. they make the playoffs on an annual basis, regardless of the schedule dropped on them in any given year. they have evolved.

once again, that was a bad example to compare them. try another, if necessary.

if you looked at my post with an open mind, you'd realize there's nothing to hate about the point i made.

[quote name='cwing' post='614507' date='Dec 27 2007, 08:06 PM']Minus the injuries you, me and know one else has any idea what they had and didn't have. Hell, they just had the best 6 weeks since they were a top 10 defense in 2001 and this with a bunch of make shift replacements and waiver wire pickups.

Who knows how well they would ahve performed had they had all the horses ------- maybe not better or maybe a ton better. No one knows.[/quote]

Our starting defense included one change(Ahmad Brooks), so I had a pretty good idea our D was gonna suck again this year. That is not counting the injuries because they happened during and right after training camp...I am talking about on paper before training camp started.

Ed Hartwell for president...I hope he is our MAJOR defensive FA again this year.

Archived