Mario Urrutia, Louisville (4th-5th)
Taj Smith, Syracuse (5th-6th)
Ryan Grice-Mullen, Hawaii (6th-7th)
James Banks, Carson-Newman (7th-FA)

[u][b]OT[/b][/u]
Ryan Clady, Boise State (1st)
Michael Oher, Ole Miss (1st)
Anthony Collins, Kansas (2nd-3rd)
Franklin Dunbar, Middle Tennessee State (7th-FA)

[u][b]OG[/b][/u]
Branden Albert, Virginia (3rd-4th)
Chilo Rachel, USC (3rd-4th)

[u][b]TE[/b][/u]
Martellus Bennett, Texas A&M (1st-2nd)
Jermichael Finley, Texas (3rd-4th)

[u][b]DE[/b][/u]
Vernon Gholston, Ohio State (1st)
Derrick Harvey, Florida (1st-2nd)
Calais Campbell, Miami FL (1st-2nd)
Phillip Merling, Clemson (1st-2nd)
Johnnie Dingle, West Virginia (4th-5th)

[u][b]DT[/b][/u]
Pat Sims, Auburn (1st)
Letroy Guion, Florida State (5th-6th)
Alphonso Moran, Kansas State (7th-FA)

[u][b]OLB[/b][/u]
Erin Henderson, Maryland (1st-2nd)
Geno Hayes, Florida State (2nd-3rd)
Lamar Myles, Louisville (6th-7th)

[u][b]ILB[/b][/u]
Curtis Lofton, Oklahoma (1st-2nd)
Jerod Mayo, Tennessee (1st-2nd)

[u][b]CB[/b][/u]
Aqib Talib, Kansas (1st-2nd)
Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin (1st-2nd)
Brandon Flowers, Virginia Tech (1st-2nd)
Justin King, Penn State (2nd-3rd)
Orlando Scandrick, Boise State (5th-6th)

[u][b]S[/b][/u]
Kenny Phillips, Miami FL (1st)
Reggie Smith, Oklahoma (1st-2nd)
Courtney Greene, Rutgers (2nd-3rd)
Dajuan Morgan, NC State (3rd-4th)
Patrick Chung, Oregon (3rd-4th)

Aqib Talib of Kansas has a scheduled press conference at 1pm today, where he is expected to declare. He could go as high as top 15 if he puts up a good 40 time, although he's not really expected too, but still a solid day one pick.

That Rey Maualuga(USC) is one I would like to see enter and us possibly draft.I think he is going to be a big time play maker at the next level.Great size and instincts.I think he is only going to enter if he grades out as a first round pick.#9 might be a little high to pick him at though.

damn, just think if we drafted sedrick ellis in the first and traded rudi for a higher draft position in order to draft sedrick ellis

i think id bust a nut

(im talking rudi and our 2nd for a higher selection in the second or for a late 1st rounder. id say thats not too much to ask)

[quote name='schotzee' post='619140' date='Jan 5 2008, 10:01 AM']That Rey Maualuga(USC) is one I would like to see enter and us possibly draft.I think he is going to be a big time play maker at the next level.Great size and instincts.I think he is only going to enter if he grades out as a first round pick.#9 might be a little high to pick him at though.[/quote]

While I think Maualuga is an amazing athlete, he isn't the most disciplined or knowledgeable guy out there. He is sort of an Ahmad Brooks clone. Not the worst thing in the world, but I almost would prefer a heady, NE type LB with the way things are going now to pair with some of the athletic guys. I just want a guy who is in the right position at all times and makes the normal play. I'd take that over the guy who makes a few spectacular plays but is out of position too often and misses some routine plays.

WR
James Hardy, Indiana (1st-2nd)
Devin Thomas, Michigan State (2nd-3rd)
Davone Bess, Hawaii (2nd-3rd)

Hardy and Thomas would look good on the Bengals. As would guys like Malcolm Kelly or the Texas WR. Unless we get rid of a WR in the next few months, we probably cannot afford to take one early, but there should be some pretty great ones there in the second round if we decided to go that route.

[quote name='happyrid' post='619410' date='Jan 5 2008, 10:17 PM']WR
James Hardy, Indiana (1st-2nd)
Devin Thomas, Michigan State (2nd-3rd)
Davone Bess, Hawaii (2nd-3rd)

Hardy and Thomas would look good on the Bengals. As would guys like Malcolm Kelly or the Texas WR. Unless we get rid of a WR in the next few months, we probably cannot afford to take one early, but there should be some pretty great ones there in the second round if we decided to go that route.[/quote]

If he comes out, I love Travis Beckum (granted a TE in college) as a Housh clone. We'd probably have to use a 3rd on him though. This draft is very deep at WR though, and I think you could get a Jason Rivers or Steve Johnson (UK) in the late rounds. I also would be in favor of grabbing Darius Reynaud in the 3rd or 4th.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='619433' date='Jan 5 2008, 10:36 PM']If he comes out, I love Travis Beckum (granted a TE in college) as a Housh clone. We'd probably have to use a 3rd on him though. This draft is very deep at WR though, and I think you could get a Jason Rivers or Steve Johnson (UK) in the late rounds. I also would be in favor of grabbing Darius Reynaud in the 3rd or 4th.[/quote]
He already said he is going to stay for his Senior year. While he does play similar to Housh with the clutch catches, he is a lot bigger than Housh.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='619516' date='Jan 6 2008, 12:30 AM']He already said he is going to stay for his Senior year. While he does play similar to Housh with the clutch catches, he is a lot bigger than Housh.[/quote]

true, 3inches and 24 pounds. He'd be a great WR threat across the middle though.

[quote name='schotzee' post='619140' date='Jan 5 2008, 10:01 AM']That Rey Maualuga(USC) is one I would like to see enter and us possibly draft.I think he is going to be a big time play maker at the next level.Great size and instincts.I think he is only going to enter if he grades out as a first round pick.#9 might be a little high to pick him at though.[/quote]

How many times do I have to say he's already said he's returning for his senior season.

These players are rumored to be declaring soon, but it is not official yet:
RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas (1st)
RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon (1st)
WR Malcom Kelly, Oklahoma (1st)
DE Phillip Merling, Clemson (1st-2nd)
ILB Jerod Mayo, Tennessee (1st-2nd)
RB Ray Rice, Rutgers (2nd-3rd)
RB James Davis, Clemson (2nd-3rd)

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='619795' date='Jan 6 2008, 11:00 PM']These players are rumored to be declaring soon, but it is not official yet:
RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas (1st)
RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon (1st)
[b]WR Malcom Kelly, Oklahoma (1st)[/b]
DE Phillip Merling, Clemson (1st-2nd)
ILB Jerod Mayo, Tennessee (1st-2nd)
RB Ray Rice, Rutgers (2nd-3rd)
RB James Davis, Clemson (2nd-3rd)[/quote]

I think that Malcolm Kelly sneaks into the top 10 or 12 as the 1st WR off the board. He doesn't get quite as much hype as some other guys but his combination of size, speed and hands is amazing.

[quote name='happyrid' post='619404' date='Jan 5 2008, 11:12 PM']While I think Maualuga is an amazing athlete, he isn't the most disciplined or knowledgeable guy out there. He is sort of an Ahmad Brooks clone. Not the worst thing in the world, but I almost would prefer a heady, NE type LB with the way things are going now to pair with some of the athletic guys. I just want a guy who is in the right position at all times and makes the normal play. I'd take that over the guy who makes a few spectacular plays but is out of position too often and misses some routine plays.[/quote]
I couldn't agree more.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='619646' date='Jan 6 2008, 01:40 PM']How many times do I have to say he's already said he's returning for his senior season.[/quote]

Sorry Scout,I thought I had read some where he declared.When is the final date for them to declare eligibility?

TE Jermichael Finley, Texas has declared. He was a redshirt sophomore, and rated as the best soph TE in college. He'll likely drop due to not having barely any experience, but if we get him with our 3rd round supp pick, that would be the shit. He's got first round talent. Can't block, but we already have blocking tight ends.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='620192' date='Jan 8 2008, 12:41 AM']CB Jack Ikegwounu
OT Anthony Colllins
ILB Jerod Mayo

Added to the list[/quote]

Ikegwounu is very tempting to pounce on, but I don't think we need (or should) take a corner that high unless Deltha is traded (which I don't see). I think we'll probably see a corner in the 3rd, 4th or 5th to groom to compete with David Jones and Kilmer as a replacement to Deltha in 2009.

EDIT: Though I did forget he pulled a AJ Nicholson and broke into an apartment to steal an XBOX.

After watching Chevis Jackson last night, I wouldn't mind picking him up in the 3rd or 4th.

last night just reaffirmed what i thought i thought about little animal. even if he declares early i dont want him. i loved him in college but he just doesnt have enough to be successful in the nfl. vernon would be a solid addition but he seems to disappear at times as well.

Archived