Prospect Interest List 2008

TheBZ

[quote name='Cricket' post='642912' date='Mar 12 2008, 05:05 PM']You've watched too many games where fans hold up a giant "D" and a picket [u]fence[/u]...for "DEFEN[u]S[/u]E".... <_<

;)[/quote]

You're right in that I have found myself questioning the proper spelling before...But I am starting to realize that it is only because Canadians/British 'officially' spell it with a 'c'.

[b]Example:[/b] [url="http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/home_e.asp"]http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/home_e.asp[/url]

I'm afraid this means that I am going to have to correct everyone here when they spell it with an 'S'.

;)

BZ

[quote name='texbengal' post='642943' date='Mar 12 2008, 09:52 PM']» TE Craig Stevens (6-3¾, 255): Had a 32½-inch vertical jump, 9-foot, 6-inch long jump, ran position drills and kept his numbers from the combine for everything else.[/quote]

seems like a smart, young kid with a good head on his shoulders and could be a leader.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsdNPt6eb_4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsdNPt6eb_4[/url]

Craig Stevens, California
Height: 6-3. Weight: 254.
Combine 40 Time: 4.62.
Benchx225: 27. Vertical: 27.5.
Projected Round: 5-6.

Here's another:

[quote][b](Oklahoma State)[/b]Twenty NFL teams were on hand, including Bengals WR coach Mike Sheppard, to see 15 players, who worked out outdoors on Field Turf.[/quote]

» WR Adarius Bowman (6-3 3/8, 230): A big, strong receivers who caught the ball well in workouts. Ran the 40 in 4.77 and 4.75, had a 33 ½-inch vertical jump, 16 reps in the bench press, ran position drills and kept his numbers from the combine for everything else.

Got a couple more to add:

[quote](Tennessee) There were 25 NFL clubs in attendance -- with [b]Bengals tight ends coach Jonathan Hayes[/b] and Rams linebackers coach Mike Cox in attendance. Twelve prospects took part, including track athlete Justin Gatlin, working out indoors in Field Turf.[/quote]
» [b]TE Brad Cottam[/b] (6-7 ½, 269): Had a 36 ½-inch vertical jump, 4.27 short shuttle, 7.22 cone drill, ran position drills and kept his numbers from the combine for everything else. Cottam looked good in his workout, catching everything and had 24 receptions in his senior season.

[quote]llinois head coach Ron Zook did a very good job helping out the reps from 12 NFL teams, including [b]Cincinnati offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski and RB coach Jim Anderson[/b] plus RB coaches from Detroit and St. Louis. Ten Illini players worked out indoors in Field Turf, along with six other prospects from small schools in the area (two of whom are noted below).[/quote]
» [b]RB Rashard Mendenhall[/b] (5-10 1/8, 225): Had a good position workout, but kept all his numbers from the combine (note: he did not run the short shuttle or cone drill at the combine).

[url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=91E520A8B57D5A61ED0169ABF6D0B34B?id=09000d5d806b4a39&template=with-video&confirm=true"]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=...mp;confirm=true[/url]

Bengals | Team attends Florida's Pro Day
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:55:49 -0700

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer attended University of Florida's Pro Day Tuesday, March 18.

[quote name='Kochman' post='644408' date='Mar 18 2008, 05:16 PM']Bengals | Team attends Florida's Pro Day
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:55:49 -0700

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer attended University of Florida's Pro Day Tuesday, March 18.[/quote]

Derrick Harvey. Here's some more info I found on his on-campus workout:

03/18/08 - Derrick Harvey sprinted 10 yards, spun around and then accidentally slammed into Jacksonville Jaguars defensive line coach Ted Monachino. Monachino stumbled back a few steps, but managed to stay on his feet -- faring better than most everyone else Harvey confronts on the football field. The 6-foot-5, 271-pound defensive end impressed NFL coaches, scouts and general managers with his speed and athleticism during Florida's scouting combine Tuesday. Monachino even got a firsthand look at Harvey's bull rush. "I hope I don't end up on YouTube because of that," said Monachino, adding that the collision might have elevated Harvey's draft status. "I kind of like a guy like that." Harvey apologized, then continued to put on a show for all the other NFL representatives. He didn't run the 40-yard dash or show off his bench-press ability. But he did enough individual drills to confirm the high grade teams placed on him at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis last month. "The thing that stands out the most about Derrick might be the way he's made, the mental makeup of that kid," Monachino said. "He is a competitor. He is a snap-to-whistle, bottom-of-his-shoes, top-of-his-head-gear kind of guy and that jumps out at you. ... His arrow is going up in a big way. I think he's going to be a good player for a long, long time." - AP Sports

Assistant o-line coach Bob Surace was at BC's pro day. Assuming he was there to scout [b]RT Gosder Cherilus[/b]

[url="http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/03/teams_in_attend.html"]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr..._in_attend.html[/url]

[b]Notre Dame (March 19)
20 teams were present, including defensive line coaches from Cincinnati[/b] and Carolina to watch nine players work out indoors on field turf.

[b]» DL Trevor Laws (6-0 ¾, 304): Only ran position drills and kept the rest of his numbers from the combine.[/b]

» DB Tom Zbikowski (5-11, 211): Had a 32 ½-inch vertical jump, 9-foot, 1-inch long jump, 4.04 short shuttle, 6.78 cone drill. He ran position drills and kept the rest of his numbers from the combine.

» OL John Sullivan (6-3 ½, 304): He ran position drills and kept the rest of his numbers from the combine.

» TE John Carlson (6-5 2/8, 252): Ran the 40 in 4.72 and 2.67, a 35 ½-inch vertical jump and kept his numbers from the combine for everything else. He worked out well and improved his numbers from the combine.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='645766' date='Mar 24 2008, 02:36 PM']So oughta curiousity, who is monitoring KFFL? Cause I hardly ever get on there and I know they do a ton of reports.

And BZ, next time you update the list can you use the full editor and then click the option that lets us see your editing time stamp?[/quote]

I am normally there 3-4 times a day.

Bengals | Team interested in K. Brown
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 14:28:22 -0700

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals are showing interest in Appalachian State OG Kerry Brown.

[quote name='Kochman' post='645912' date='Mar 25 2008, 06:34 AM']Bengals | Urrutia has worked out for team
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:30:38 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Louisville WR Mario Urrutia has worked out individually for the Cincinnati Bengals.[/quote]

hope they stay away from him, he's another chris henry waiting to happen. Great talent, bad character.

Bengals | Kuhn worked out for team
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:02:02 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Louisville TE Scott Kuhn has worked out for the Cincinnati Bengals.

NFL | Kuhn works out at Pro Day
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:01:41 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Louisville TE Scott Kuhn measured a height of 6-foot-5 3/4 and a weight of 257 pounds at his Pro Day. His hands measured 10 1/2 inches and his arm length was 31 1/2 inches. He ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.76-second to 4.85-second range. He measured a 30 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot broad jump and completed 21 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='645766' date='Mar 24 2008, 01:36 PM']And BZ, next time you update the list can you use the full editor and then click the option that lets us see your editing time stamp?[/quote]

Sure...I can do that.

I've also had to fall back on using [thread] - which means that the supporting articles are quoted inside this thread.

BZ

Bengals | Woazeah works out for team
Tue, 1 Apr 2008 05:03:45 -0700

Jeff Chilcoat has confirmed to KFFL that Appalachian State CB Justin Woazeah worked out for Cincinnati Bengals assistant defensive backs coach Louie Cioffi Monday, March 31.

Bengals | Lynch works out for team
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:56:05 -0700

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Appalachian State FS Corey Lynch worked out for Cincinnati Bengals defensive backs coach Kevin Coyle.

Archived