Browns offer Derek Anderson an interesting deal

WhoDeyThink

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='628884' date='Jan 31 2008, 09:32 PM']Derek's agent want Tony Romo money ....and he is offered between 12-15 for 3 years. :mellow:

Not such an amazing offer.

I live up here so I hear the local radio.[/quote]

thats funny, and no one else will sign him since they tendered him.

pwned.

tho thats about what he is worth... tops.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='628938' date='Jan 31 2008, 11:55 PM']Tony Romo money? AKA Carson Palmer money?

I'm sorry, Derek Anderson is not equal to Carson Palmer.

His story isn't much different than Huards, except Anderson is younger, but Huard sucked the year after he played decently.[/quote]

yea

anderson had an alright year... how ridiculous...

its sad that a remotely decent year and people expect to make 20+ mil...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='628948' date='Feb 1 2008, 12:34 AM']yea

anderson had an alright year... how ridiculous...

its sad that a remotely decent year and people expect to make 20+ mil...[/quote]

The thing is that he got so much positive press this season that now is the time for him to make his stand. The media was all over his nuts the first half of the season because he tossed for a lot of yardage (and because the Browns were actually staying in games).

They ignored the fact that he finished the season with an 82.5 rating (17th in the league), a completion percentage WELL below 60 (28th in the league), and 19 interceptions (4th most).

Christ, some people were screaming for him to get into the probowl. It's like people have to believe what ESPN says...they cant watch someone play and see that he isnt the 2nd coming of Joe Montana.

Take away Anderson's statistical anomoly game against [b]a certain team that shall remain nameless[/b], and he looks decidedly average. The Browns have pretty good wideouts now, whom I think bailed out Anderson more than Anderson made them look good.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='629006' date='Feb 1 2008, 10:09 AM']Take away Anderson's statistical anomoly game against [b]a certain team that shall remain nameless[/b], and he looks decidedly average. The Browns have pretty good wideouts now, whom I think bailed out Anderson more than Anderson made them look good.[/quote]

That game was the beginning of the end for Chuck.

One down, ...one to go, ...coach Vanilla is next!

[quote name='oftt4' post='629004' date='Feb 1 2008, 09:58 AM']The thing is that he got so much positive press this season that now is the time for him to make his stand. The media was all over his nuts the first half of the season because he tossed for a lot of yardage (and because the Browns were actually staying in games).

They ignored the fact that he finished the season with an 82.5 rating (17th in the league), a completion percentage WELL below 60 (28th in the league), and 19 interceptions (4th most).

Christ, some people were screaming for him to get into the probowl. It's like people have to believe what ESPN says...they cant watch someone play and see that he isnt the 2nd coming of Joe Montana.[/quote]

yea...

same with kitna in 2003. he stopped sucking for a year, and everyone screamed pro bowl..

not sucking doesnt mean your good, it means you stopped sucking.. momentarily.

Archived