Hypothetical Chad traded mock and offseason

I know this is straight out of Madden 2008, and there's no way in hell this happens, but it entertains me to do hypothetical stuff like this.

Alright, Chad Johnson is traded to the Philadelphia Eagles for the 19th pick in the 1st round of the 2008 draft and the 83rd pick in the 3rd round of the 2008 draft.

Draft
1st (9) RB Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois - With Chad gone, we must adjust our philosophy to a more balanced attack. Mendenhall is a beast that will make an immediate impact.

1st (19) DT Pat Sims, Auburn - Sims is an extremely athletic tackle prospect who excels at getting after the quarterback.

2nd (47) WR Donnie Avery, Houston - Extremely fast receiver who compares favorably to Lee Evans. Still pretty raw and will need a couple of years to develop to a #1 receiver, but will contribute immediately as a deep threat and returner.

3rd (73) OLB Tavares Gooden, Miami FL - Athletic linebacker that could realistic play any three positions.

3rd (83) DE Darrell Robertson, Georgia Tech - Slightly undersized end who can be a very good situational pass rusher.

3rd (Supplemental) OG/OT Mike McGlynn, Pittsburgh - Versatile mauler who is a poor mans Whitworth.

We should also probably sign a veteran wide receiver since Chad is gone, so how about Reche Caldwell?

[b]Offense[/b]
QB - Palmer, Fitzpatrick, Palmer
RB - Mendenhall, Irons, Watson, Dorsey
FB - Johnson
WR - Housh, Henry, Caldwell, Avery, Holt, Brazell
TE - Kelly, Coats
OT - Jones, Anderson, Andrews, Kooistra
OG - Williams, Whitworth, McGlynn
C - Ghiaciuc, Stepanovich

[b]Defense[/b]
DE - Geathers, Pollack, Robertson, Rucker
DT - Sims, Peko, Thornton, Myers
OLB - Landon, Jones, Jeanty, Gooden, FA
MLB - Brooks, Thurman
CB - Joseph, Hall, O'Neal, D. Jones, FA/Draft
FS - Williams, White, HD Jones
SS - Ndukwe, Kilmer

[b]Special Teams[/b]
K - Graham
P - Larson
LS - St. Louis

love the first two picks :thumbsup: I'd probably flip and go DE in the 2nd and WR in the 3rd though.

And instead of Gooden (who has character concerns) take TE Kellen Davis.

Edit: I saw that you have Pollack at DE. I suppose we don't need to go DE in round 2 necessarily, though I'd love to get 3 or 4 deep at the DE position.

If we they move Chad, I'd like to see them bring in a LARGE receiver, tall.

Then use Henry as the luxury combination of speed and jumping as long as he's around to stretch the field.

Otherwise, move to a workmens offense.

Although, with an athletic reciever like Chad it is nice to see those passes you can't defend against where he dots the Is just out of bounds.

Facing a $16.5 million salary cap hit in 2008, the Cardinals have made no bones about trying to give WR Larry Fitzgerald a long-term contract that would smooth out how much they'd have to pay him. But when teams are faced with large cap numbers, they often try to do whatever they can to not pay the price tag, including trading players. That might mean that Fitzgerald could go on the trading block. According to the East Valley Tribune, Fitzgerald doesn't want that. "I want to be a Cardinal," Fitzgerald said. "I enjoy it here. I love my teammates. I love working for the Bidwills."
(Updated 01/29/2008).

[url="http://sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/492934"]http://sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/492934[/url]

Archived