Baltimore cop + skate punk

CincyInDC

Cops don't get paid enough to put up with the shit they do and if they do their job there some ass head crying because they did do their job. I have a nephew who is a cop and a HS buddy who is a cop and he got sucked into one of the most publicized events here a few years ago involving a 300 lb
wacked out dude on pcp. Think about what it would be like to pull someone over and the chance they have a gun ready to blow you away...you have to be on the defense all the time. <_<

Hey, I can totally sympathize with the police and some of the shit that they have to put up with. But that is no reason for some douchefuck to give a shitty attitude to someone that is giving them a friendly smile and yes sir, no sir responses. Granted, when they walk up to a car they don't know what they're going to have waiting for them, but in my case, I'm a clean cut person, dressed nice and am smiling and polite. There is no reason whatsoever for a cop to turn on DoucheMode with someone like that. That thing with the expired tag, would it have been so difficult for him to say up front "Sir, the tag on this car is expired...license, registration please." Get the mandatory questions out of the way, check his radio for whatever he checks for and then say something like "You need to get that taken care of as soon as possible, have a nice day." There wasn't even 1 reason whatsoever for him to be giving me the "If you weren't on vacation I'd run your ass in" line. That shit is uncalled for. The reason I say cops are worse than teachers, in my every day life I wouldn't allow anyone to talk to me like that. But when it's a cop all you can do is sit there and take it or risk getting arrested or even getting your ass beat around with a night stick. All it would take would be him saying that I was resisting arrest. Who are they going to side with on that one? Fuck that shit!
MULLY

The problem is inherent in the system tbh. They have so much authority over everyday people, like Fulcher said, there's no arguing with cops, they're always right and they can't really admit they're wrong or it undermines their authority. And like Joker said, the fact that most of us who have too much to lose means cops know most people aren't going to put up any sort of resistance, and also as he pointed out, when it comes to places where the criminals have guns and are willing to shoot back they aren't going to harass them.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='641786' date='Mar 8 2008, 10:45 PM']The problem is inherent in the system tbh. They have so much authority over everyday people, like Fulcher said, there's no arguing with cops, they're always right and they can't really admit they're wrong or it undermines their authority. And like Joker said, the fact that most of us who have too much to lose means cops know most people aren't going to put up any sort of resistance, and also as he pointed out, when it comes to places where the criminals have guns and are willing to shoot back they aren't going to harass them.[/quote]

this is by far the most ill informed post ever.

first, u have never done the "job" so u cant say what u posted.

I love it when people say, why are u giving me a ticket?. go arrest some crack dealers.

well, we DO arrest crack dealers when we find them, u think crack dealers drive around with signs on their cars that say 'I sell crack, look at me, good crack here"

9 out of 10 of my Major drug arrest were from traffic stops. I arrested a guy a few years ago that was clean cut, like fulcher said, was nice and polite. but after searching his car my dog found a bag of crack the size of a soft ball. The feds took the case from there.

my point is, u all see it from ur side. Comae out and do several ride alongs, see it from our point of view.

and fulcher u have dealt with 4 cops. there are over 16,000 police agencies in the us and 100s of thousands of police. so ur sample size was small.

[quote name='rudi32' post='641797' date='Mar 9 2008, 12:56 AM']this is by far the most ill informed post ever.

first, u have never done the "job" so u cant say what u posted.

I love it when people say, why are u giving me a ticket?. go arrest some crack dealers.

well, we DO arrest crack dealers when we find them, u think crack dealers drive around with signs on their cars that say 'I sell crack, look at me, good crack here"

9 out of 10 of my Major drug arrest were from traffic stops. I arrested a guy a few years ago that was clean cut, like fulcher said, was nice and polite. but after searching his car my dog found a bag of crack the size of a soft ball. The feds took the case from there.

my point is, u all see it from ur side. Comae out and do several ride alongs, see it from our point of view.

and fulcher u have dealt with 4 cops. there are over 16,000 police agencies in the us and 100s of thousands of police. so ur sample size was small.[/quote]

Yikes

There are plenty of streets in inner cities you could go to and see drug dealers/prostitutes in plain view, but understandably, don't get me wrong, there's no point in risking your life arresting street level dealers when they're going to be replaced by someone else when they're gone.

during a traffic stop if you don't reach into the glove box before the cop asks you to, you put your keys on the dash before the cop even gets out of his car, turn on the dome light (if nighttime), and keep your hands on the wheel until asked to retrieve your license and registration, it goes a long way towards goodwill. But yeah, there are still asshole cops out there.

The egos are problematic, and it borders on the majority.

It doesn't mean the egotistical assholes aren't appreciated when they're not being dicks, and are keeping their public safe, but Jesus.

I know a lot of cops too, (from the Reserves etc)

A bunch of them are all to happy to break the laws that professional courtesy allows, and revel in stories of their ability to fuck people.

I've got a relative, a gun carrying park ranger who is the stereotype to a tee, he is better than me, holier than me, and will let me know if I've done something that some obscure 1932 "don't walk ducks down mainstreet" prohibits. "You were wrong, could've been arrested."

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='641783' date='Mar 8 2008, 10:36 PM']Hey, I can totally sympathize with the police and some of the shit that they have to put up with. But that is no reason for some douchefuck to give a shitty attitude to someone that is giving them a friendly smile and yes sir, no sir responses. Granted, when they walk up to a car they don't know what they're going to have waiting for them, but in my case, I'm a clean cut person, dressed nice and am smiling and polite. There is no reason whatsoever for a cop to turn on DoucheMode with someone like that. That thing with the expired tag, would it have been so difficult for him to say up front "Sir, the tag on this car is expired...license, registration please." Get the mandatory questions out of the way, check his radio for whatever he checks for and then say something like "You need to get that taken care of as soon as possible, have a nice day." There wasn't even 1 reason whatsoever for him to be giving me the "If you weren't on vacation I'd run your ass in" line. That shit is uncalled for. The reason I say cops are worse than teachers, in my every day life I wouldn't allow anyone to talk to me like that. But when it's a cop all you can do is sit there and take it or risk getting arrested or even getting your ass beat around with a night stick. All it would take would be him saying that I was resisting arrest. Who are they going to side with on that one? Fuck that shit!
MULLY[/quote]
Likely your specific treatment had everything to do with that horrible metal music blasting from your stereo when you were pulled over.
FYI, cops prefer pre-Hagar Van Halen, fwiw.
:lol:

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='641533' date='Mar 8 2008, 01:55 AM']In my driving career I've been stopped by the cops, in the USA, 4 times. 3 of them were fucking cunts. Last thing I would ever do would be to get rude with a cop so I know it wasn't because of me. I think there are more cock suckers out there than you think there are.
MULLY[/quote]

A life long friend of mine is switching from fire fighter to cop. Dont ask me why. His fire fighter job paid almost as good and he didnt do shit all day. Worked out, played video games , watched movies, etc.

I think he was getting bored. I also think hes doing it for the women. He said he is going to pull over hot chicks all day. :D

Archived