Takeo Spikes Released

[quote name='GoBengals' post='641143' date='Mar 6 2008, 09:54 PM']where did you get those stats?

[url="http://www.nfl.com/players/takeospikes/profile?id=SPI270805"]http://www.nfl.com/players/takeospikes/profile?id=SPI270805[/url]

he wasnt even close... he hasnt completed a season since 2004 and had 64 solo tackles last year 86 total...[/quote]

I got those stats from the first article posted on this thread. It was in the second paragraph.

"A 10-year NFL veteran, Spikes spent the 2007 season with the Eagles and finished second on the team with 139 tackles and also had one sack in 14 games. Spikes missed the final two games of the season after he was placed on the injured reserve list with a torn rotator cuff."

I just was reading the article and figured those stats were right. I didn't check it on NFL.com or Espn.com. I still think you pick him up, Spikes that is. He is one of the better FAs still out there, and now that Landon is gone you better get somebody that has playing experience and is familiar with the personel the Bengals have. I also think you draft Keith Rivers at #9 with the first pick. I think Takeo is a perfect person to teach the young players like Brooks, Odell, and Rivers if they draft him. I think there are enough second and third round talent that the Bengals can find a quality DT in later rounds. I also don't think both Ellis and Dorsey will be there at #9 unless the Bengals trade up.

[quote name='CJBESTINAFC' post='641413' date='Mar 7 2008, 04:27 PM']I got those stats from the first article posted on this thread. It was in the second paragraph.

"A 10-year NFL veteran, Spikes spent the 2007 season with the Eagles and finished second on the team with 139 tackles and also had one sack in 14 games. Spikes missed the final two games of the season after he was placed on the injured reserve list with a torn rotator cuff."

I just was reading the article and figured those stats were right. I didn't check it on NFL.com or Espn.com. I still think you pick him up, Spikes that is. He is one of the better FAs still out there, and now that Landon is gone you better get somebody that has playing experience and is familiar with the personel the Bengals have. I also think you draft Keith Rivers at #9 with the first pick. I think Takeo is a perfect person to teach the young players like Brooks, Odell, and Rivers if they draft him. I think there are enough second and third round talent that the Bengals can find a quality DT in later rounds. I also don't think both Ellis and Dorsey will be there at #9 unless the Bengals trade up.[/quote]

ah.. fair enough...someone email the writer and tell him he's retarded.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='641048' date='Mar 6 2008, 05:31 PM']if I remember correctly, it wasn't marvin why he wanted out, he just wanted out in general. It had nothing to do with Marvin.[/quote]

That is correct and I had no issues wiht how TKO left. Dillion quite on his team. TKO was at the end of his contract. I beliee it went something like this.

Marvin -------"It is a new day in Bengaland and I promise you things will be run differently and we will turn this around."

TKO -------- "That's what Bruce said when he drafted me, that's what Dick said when he took over. It hasn't happened yet and I do not believe those upstairs will allow it to happen. I'm done here ------ let me go."

Archived