Whgat would make you more sick at pick #9 a RB or CB?

If you believe everything you hear and read, you'll get high round talent in the late rounds for running backs. Supposedly there are a number of good ones but not enough need.

Running back at 9 doesn't make sense to me. Although I'm not going to argue adding a stud to a horrible running game that is mostly horrible because the RB group is constantly injured and/or having average talent.

I wouldn't just lock into the DTs, I think the bengals should still be in the market for DEs. Geathers seems to be better as a player a situational player and I would like for them to explore moving him around.

[quote name='scharm' post='643630' date='Mar 15 2008, 11:01 AM']If you believe everything you hear and read, you'll get high round talent in the late rounds for running backs. Supposedly there are a number of good ones but not enough need.

Running back at 9 doesn't make sense to me. Although I'm not going to argue adding a stud to a horrible running game that is mostly horrible because the RB group is constantly injured and/or having average talent.

I wouldn't just lock into the DTs, I think the bengals should still be in the market for DEs. Geathers seems to be better as a player a situational player and I would like for them to explore moving him around.[/quote]

agreed, I think we can certainly get a good RB in the 2-4th and address another need in the 1st, but I certainly won't complain if we take Mendenhall if he is the BPA.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='643179' date='Mar 13 2008, 07:13 PM']dude, chill out its just a mock for fun. I know you're obsessed with trading up, but its not the only answer.[/quote]

whoops, my bad. i misread it.

if an apology is due, i am hereby doing so, 1181. that misreading, on my part, puts the whole debate in another context.

yes, if we could somehow trade down and come away with both groves and trevor laws, i'd be fully on board...as well as with the rest of that draft.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='akiliMVP' post='642582' date='Mar 11 2008, 02:41 PM']x2

You have to be blind or crazy to not think a running back is a HUGE need.[/quote]

This team has a lot of HUGE needs. RB,C,OT,DT,DE,LB and WR.

Yeah,WR.Both TJ and CJ are 31 and 30 . They're at their peaks .
Willie and Levi.We know their stories.
Bluto.We'll see in the near future.
RB's.Too many but no stud.
DT.JT and Myers need to be upgraded.Stud needed.
LB's .Too many questions.
DE's we need another stud.Two guys aren't enough.

Archived