Laptop in sleep mode question

When i close the lid of the laptop i dont want it to go into sleep mode, i want to stay connected to the internet and have everything stay active.

I tried in the power options on XP to set the system standby to never and it still doesnt work.

am i missing something?

[quote name='whodey319' post='644659' date='Mar 19 2008, 04:29 PM']When i close the lid of the laptop i dont want it to go into sleep mode, i want to stay connected to the internet and have everything stay active.

I tried in the power options on XP to set the system standby to never and it still doesnt work.

am i missing something?[/quote]

hmmm.... ill have to look into that... it angers me as well.. i just assumed thats how it went. i know if i have an external monitor plugged in i can close it... but thats it...

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='663559' date='May 7 2008, 12:44 AM']not sure what i did once but i thought i turned my top off, then when i came home the next day it was so fucking hot. (it was in a bag) obviously it was left on and i turned it off the next day for the night to cool off. i already exchanged it but just sayin though.[/quote]

i did that same thing in Jacksonville on the bengals trip... switching hotels i tossed it in my bag, and it didnt turn off, so through a 30 minute cab ride at the next hotel is was burning hot... it survived tho... until a few weeks later when my 2 yr old stood on it and cracked the motherboard in half...

Archived