LSU proday workouts

[url="http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=1419052"]http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?...;ATCLID=1419052[/url]

Finally scouts got chance to watch dorsey for work out. Only thing that bothers me is the weight just 297 pounds apart from injury and also 27 Bench reps :mellow:

From nfl.com

[i]LSU (March 26)
All 32 teams were on hand, with more than 100 NFL people in total. Among them were head coaches Herman Edwards and Mike Tomlin, plus front office execs Carl Peterson, Jerry Reese, Mickey Loomis, Billy Devaney, and Tony Softli. Prospects ran indoors on Field Turf.

» DL Glenn Dorsey (6-1 ¾, 297): Ran the 40 in 5.13 and 5.12, had a 25 ½-inch vertical jump, 8-foot, 4-inch long jump, 4.80 short shuttle, 7.52 cone drill, and ran position drills. Scouts like his long arms, which measured 35 ¼ inches. Former NFL player Tim Krumrie ran the workout and he has a reputation of running lineman pretty hard… but he couldn't break Dorsey, who looked very good.

[/i]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='646444' date='Mar 26 2008, 06:23 PM']297 is his playing weight.[/quote]

yep thought he would put up some weight. He for some reason reminds of young Thorton :glare:

edit: the link

[url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d806b4a39&template=with-video&confirm=true"]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true[/url]

[quote name='cinci1fan1' post='646446' date='Mar 26 2008, 06:26 PM']yep thought he would put up some weight. He for some reason reminds of young Thorton :glare:

edit: the link

[url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d806b4a39&template=with-video&confirm=true"]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true[/url][/quote]

besides weighing the same, Dorsey is nothing like Thornton.

[i]DL Frank Okam (6-4 7/8, 335): Ran the 40 in 5.27 and 5.31, had a 27 ½-inch vertical jump, 4.66 short shuttle, and ran position drills.
[/i]

I would love to take okam with our 3rd round compensatory pick. He is down to 335 and he in my opinion when motivated one of top NT in this draft

[quote name='cinci1fan1' post='646449' date='Mar 26 2008, 06:33 PM'][i]DL Frank Okam (6-4 7/8, 335): Ran the 40 in 5.27 and 5.31, had a 27 ½-inch vertical jump, 4.66 short shuttle, and ran position drills.
[/i]

I would love to take okam with our 3rd round compensatory pick. He is down to 335 and he in my opinion when motivated one of top NT in this draft[/quote]
No

When motivated, yeah that's a player we want. Dorsey doesn't have to be motivated, he brings it 200% every play no matter what. Watch the two play, Dorsey stands out and dominates despite double teams, Okam you forget is even in the game.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='646459' date='Mar 26 2008, 08:24 PM']No

When motivated, yeah that's a player we want. Dorsey doesn't have to be motivated, he brings it 200% every play no matter what. Watch the two play, Dorsey stands out and dominates despite double teams, Okam you forget is even in the game.[/quote]

I for one would bet that dorsey is not going to be there with the pro day he had for us to pick at 9 unless we do some magic moving up to 3 or 5. As for okam yes I agree what are his negatives but its not like we will be wasting a high round pick on him something like 4th round pick.He is worth that risk for talent he has and god knows how much we need a big clogging DT

[quote name='cinci1fan1' post='646465' date='Mar 26 2008, 07:39 PM']I for one would bet that dorsey is not going to be there with the pro day he had for us to pick at 9 unless we do some magic moving up to 3 or 5. As for okam yes I agree what are his negatives but its not like we will be wasting a high round pick on him something like 4th round pick.He is worth that risk for talent he has and god knows how much we need a big clogging DT[/quote]

I'm not a fan of Okam... never have been. Like Akili says, too often, he disappears, and he's lazy. While U-T has had some interior DLs in the past who have had good NFL careers (Hampton and Rogers, for two, and Tubbs, sometimes), each showed me more in college than Okam has. If the Bengals are going to go after an interior lineman, I'd much rather a guy like Red Bryant or Ahtyba Rubin, who appear to be round 3 or 4 guys. My preference is for Trevor Laws, if Dorsey and Ellis go sooner than #9, as expected.

I guess Early Doucet didn't run particularly well... in the high 4.5/mid 4.6 range. Still, I think he's a good player.

Craig Steltz (S) reportedly had a good workout - vertical jump at 35" plus, good size. He's a smart, physical player, too... but his speed was in the 4.65s... not good. I'm not really surprised -- people were referring to the fact that Beanie Wells' long TD run in the championship game, where Steltz didn't gain ground on him (and Beanie might have gained a little bit) was impressive. Still a great play, but holding off Surfer Boy given his (pedestrian) speed doesn't look quite as significant to me.

[quote name='texbengal' post='646504' date='Mar 27 2008, 04:24 AM']I guess Early Doucet didn't run particularly well... in the high 4.5/mid 4.6 range. Still, I think he's a good player.

Craig Steltz (S) reportedly had a good workout - vertical jump at 35" plus, good size. He's a smart, physical player, too... but his speed was in the 4.65s... not good. I'm not really surprised -- people were referring to the fact that Beanie Wells' long TD run in the championship game, where Steltz didn't gain ground on him (and Beanie might have gained a little bit) was impressive. Still a great play, but holding off Surfer Boy given his (pedestrian) speed doesn't look quite as significant to me.[/quote] He ran thre 40s one was high 4.6 the other was a 4.7 and the 4.5

[quote name='cinci1fan1' post='646449' date='Mar 26 2008, 06:33 PM'][i]DL Frank Okam (6-4 7/8, 335): Ran the 40 in 5.27 and 5.31, had a 27 ½-inch vertical jump, 4.66 short shuttle, and ran position drills.
[/i]

I would love to take okam with our 3rd round compensatory pick. He is down to 335 and he in my opinion when motivated one of top NT in this draft[/quote]

I would [b]MUCH[/b] rather have Red Bryant of the big DTs.

Archived