Tiger Done for the Year

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='674019' date='Jun 18 2008, 01:25 PM']its nothing short of fucking amazing that he did what he did this past weekend with a double stress fracture in his leg AND a torn ligament in his knee.[/quote]

"fucking amazing" (repeated for emphasis). Also check this chart out from an article on ESPN:

Woods since his injury

How good has Tiger Woods been since he says he injured his ACL running at home after last year's British Open? Look at his results (he also played on the U.S. Presidents Cup team):

Event Finish Money
WGC-Bridgestone Invitational Won $1,350,000
PGA Championship Won $1,260,000
Deutsche Bank Championship 2nd $522,667
BMW Championship Won $1,260,000
Tour Championship Won $1,260,000
Target World Challenge Won $1,350,000
Buick Invitational Won $936,000
Dubai Desert Classic Won $417,000
WGC-Accenture Match Won $1,350,000
Arnold Palmer Inv'l Won $1,044,000
WGC-CA Championship 5th $285,000
Masters 2nd $810,000
U.S. Open Won $1,350,000

:eek2: So the guy plays 13 tournaments since he suffered the torn ACL and wins 10 of them, two second place finishes, and one 5th place. Damn.......

whats so amazing abotu the ACL tear? u can walk normally with an ACL tear. u just cant do the cutting and shit that an NFL player would have to do. ive known people who have torn their ACL and waited 2 years to get it fixed and did many things in that time. the stress fracture is interesting but grant hill did play basketball on one for a few years (constantly missing time tho) but he didnt just have to walk for 5 days.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='674031' date='Jun 18 2008, 01:21 PM']whats so amazing abotu the ACL tear? u can walk normally with an ACL tear. u just cant do the cutting and shit that an NFL player would have to do. ive known people who have torn their ACL and waited 2 years to get it fixed and did many things in that time. the stress fracture is interesting but grant hill did play basketball on one for a few years (constantly missing time tho) but he didnt just have to walk for 5 days.[/quote]

riiiight

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='674047' date='Jun 18 2008, 02:12 PM']whats not true?[/quote]

since I don't know your friends, I don't know which is true. I do know there is likely a far difference athletically between what Tiger does and the people you know who get by on it for 2 years.

I just find it funny that you're so obsessed with shitting on Tiger and his accomplishments. Not surprised though, as you have a habit of doing it with anything you hate, even when you're so obviously wrong.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='674035' date='Jun 18 2008, 01:46 PM']riiiight[/quote]
[b]Question: What sports demand an intact ACL for performance?[/b]

Some sports are considered high-demand sports that require an intact ACL for performance. Other sports do not require an ACL for most athletes. Patients who participate in high demand sports usually require surgery after an ACL tear to return to participation.

Answer: Deciding if you need ACL reconstruction surgery depends, in large part, on what activities you want to return to after treatment. High-demand sports are those in which most athletes require a functioning ACL. [b]Athletes who participate in low-demand sports may not need an ACL to return to competition.[/b]
High-Demand Sports

* Football
* Soccer
* Basketball
* Skiing
* Gymnastics
* Hockey (Ice and Field)
* Wrestling
* Lacrosse
* Rugby
* Singles Tennis
* Cheerleading

Moderate-Demand Sports

* Baseball
* Doubles Tennis
* Track (Field Events)

Low-Demand Sports

* Running/Jogging
* Cycling
* Crew

Notice golf isnt even listed. But i would consider golf in the low demand running/jogging as you are walking. the twist on your left knee will not hurt until AFTER your swing if you have a good golf swing. so it may be uncomfortable but with pain killers you will be fine (as tiger was once he took the pain killers and his game improved significantly at that point).

my grandpa has double knee replacement and he can golf just fine. his game has actually improved, including his distance. You dont even have an ACL anymore once u get knee replacement because they are removed.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='674052' date='Jun 18 2008, 02:24 PM']since I don't know your friends, I don't know which is true. I do know there is likely a far difference athletically between what Tiger does and the people you know who get by on it for 2 years.

I just find it funny that you're so obsessed with shitting on Tiger and his accomplishments. Not surprised though, as you have a habit of doing it with anything you hate, even when you're so obviously wrong.[/quote]

im not shitting on tiger. he won fair and square. he didnt do anything special other than winning a major. He went into that tourney with the same odds (technically better since he is better) as everyone else. he wasnt at a disadvantage at all.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='674060' date='Jun 18 2008, 03:31 PM']im not shitting on tiger. he won fair and square. he didnt do anything special other than winning a major. He went into that tourney with the same odds (technically better since he is better) as everyone else. he wasnt at a disadvantage at all.[/quote]

Did you not see the pain on his face? Do you think he was faking it?

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='674060' date='Jun 19 2008, 05:31 AM']im not shitting on tiger. he won fair and square. he didnt do anything special other than winning a major. He went into that tourney with the same odds (technically better since he is better) as everyone else. he wasnt at a disadvantage at all.[/quote]
:0stfu:

hater.

even you can't believe the bullshit you're typing.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='674071' date='Jun 18 2008, 02:56 PM']Did you not see the pain on his face? Do you think he was faking it?[/quote]

was it too hard for u to read the it would hurt POST SWING? i know i typed it and i know i was intelligent enough to go back and read it. post swing pain wont affect your swing. he also took pain killers and only grimaced a few times ever after taking them. he also even said himself it didnt hurt till post swing but as he walked it felt fine before his next shot.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='674110' date='Jun 18 2008, 04:27 PM']:0stfu:

hater.

even you can't believe the bullshit you're typing.[/quote]
i believe it 100% becuase i know.

Thurman, I have never (atleast I think never trashed on you or call you out) but you are a complete and total moron. Tiger hurt his left knee which is the plant knee for power and absorbs more torque than Carson Palmer will ever see on his surgically repaired knee. If you cared to pay attention during any slow motion replay of Tiger's swing you will see the torque on the knee joint. I should try to explain to you what torque is, but I will allow you to Google and then question your ability to comprehend.

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about, except for some lame ass friend of yours. I've had both ACL surgery and meniscus clean up surgery. I could walk without a limp, but anything that put torque on my knee was painful as a knife in the knee. It took nearly 2 years for it to totally heal - granted I was not a professional athlete with the resources nor the effort and time required.

Do me a favor and shut the fuck up.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='674177' date='Jun 18 2008, 09:43 PM']Thurman, I have never (atleast I think never trashed on you or call you out) but you are a complete and total moron. Tiger hurt his left knee which is the plant knee for power and absorbs more torque than Carson Palmer will ever see on his surgically repaired knee. If you cared to pay attention during any slow motion replay of Tiger's swing you will see the torque on the knee joint. I should try to explain to you what torque is, but I will allow you to Google and then question your ability to comprehend.

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about, except for some lame ass friend of yours. I've had both ACL surgery and meniscus clean up surgery. I could walk without a limp, but anything that put torque on my knee was painful as a knife in the knee. It took nearly 2 years for it to totally heal - granted I was not a professional athlete with the resources nor the effort and time required.

Do me a favor and shut the fuck up.[/quote]

the torque on his knee is in his follow through post shot. which is why i said it wouldnt affect his shot. i didnt say it wouldnt affect his knee.

Archived