Michael Moore

Go Skins

A Louisiana lawmaker wants an an apology from filmmaker Michael Moore for saying the arrival of Hurricane Gustav during the GOP convention is proof God exists.

During an appearance Friday on MSNBC, Moore noted the coincidental timing of Gustav, which threatened the Gulf Coast on the third anniversary of Hurricane Katrina as the Republican Party planned to hold its convention in St. Paul, Minn.

"I was just thinking, this Gustav is proof that there is a God in heaven," the Oscar-winning director of "Fahrenheit 911" said. "To just have it planned at the same time, that it would actually be on its way to New Orleans for Day One of the Republican convention, up in the Twin Cities, at the top of the Mississippi River."

Moore added that he hoped no one gets hurt and everyone takes cover.

[url="http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/michael-moore-hurricane-gustav-arrival-is-proof-there-is-god-1015083.php"]http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/michael...god-1015083.php[/url]

Yeah, this "Louisiana lawmaker" must not be too bright. Moore's always mocking things like this, and he seems to have been trying to draw a parallel to what Robertson or some other ass said three years ago, that Katrina was God punishing America for allowing gays in the military, etc. I don't think Moore is even religious.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='695047' date='Sep 3 2008, 05:29 PM'][b]Some people don't get tongue-in-cheek humor ...

But then again I can understand why ... since most Conservatives attend churches where a pastor would say this and be serious.[/b][/quote]

I agree with Nati - it was a joke, but in very, very poor taste. When it comes from the mouth of an asshat like Moore though some folks would take it the wrong way.

This lawmaker, and anyone else offended by it, would do themselves a favor by automatically discarding anything Michael Moore says in the future as it'll be in the same vain...

• 6 years later...

Here's my demand: I want every African-American currently incarcerated for drug "crimes" or nonviolent offenses released from prison today

And the rest who r imprisoned- I dont believe 50% of them did what they're accused of. Lies. Greed. A modern day slave system. Poor whites 2

Archived