Marvin needs time so chill out.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='697691' date='Sep 7 2008, 06:31 PM']Really how many coaches do we have to go through before people look at what the real issue is?[/quote]

Bingo ----------- talent wins in the NFL, not coaches. Until the process changes, the results will not.

Marvin came in and brought the standards up in this organization. However, he still has the same limitations of those before and cannot substane what he started.

The main issue is the loss of talent of the last 4-5 drafts in the draft positions of 1-4 and the constant re-drafting of the same positions. Many if not most of those guys never panned out due to injury/suspensions/other. Instead of the front office making moves to fill those voids the Bengels are constantly trying to reload the same old spots. Lbers, CB's, safetys, wide receivers and RB's and have ignored the other needs of the team such as Oline, Dline, TE. Yeah that got a few of each like Whitworth but they are not regularly bringing in guys to complete and push those in front of them.

Let's face it -------- when Odell, Pollack, Brooks do not pan out you can't keep bringing in other teams castoffs and unpoven draftees to fill this void. You have to make a move to solidify the position instead of jsut waiting for the draft. When you keep drafting these same positions over and over you are ignoring other needs.

What you get is a bad o-line with no relief in site. There is no center or LT ready to step in and you've got $7 mil tied up in in your RT.

You have to go on the market and get help and draft well and the majority of your draft picks need to pan out. Until this process changes, this team will not and I do not care who the coach is...........

[quote name='cwing' post='697736' date='Sep 7 2008, 06:57 PM']Bingo ----------- talent wins in the NFL, not coaches. Until the process changes, the results will not.

Marvin came in and brought the standards up in this organization. However, he still has the same limitations of those before and cannot substane what he started.

The main issue is the loss of talent of the last 4-5 drafts in the draft positions of 1-4 and the constant re-drafting of the same positions. Many if not most of those guys never panned out due to injury/suspensions/other. Instead of the front office making moves to fill those voids the Bengels are constantly trying to reload the same old spots. Lbers, CB's, safetys, wide receivers and RB's and have ignored the other needs of the team such as Oline, Dline, TE. Yeah that got a few of each like Whitworth but they are not regularly bringing in guys to complete and push those in front of them.

Let's face it -------- when Odell, Pollack, Brooks do not pan out you can't keep bringing in other teams castoffs and unpoven draftees to fill this void. You have to make a move to solidify the position instead of jsut waiting for the draft. When you keep drafting these same positions over and over you are ignoring other needs.

What you get is a bad o-line with no relief in site. There is no center or LT ready to step in and you've got $7 mil tied up in in your RT.

You have to go on the market and get help and draft well and the majority of your draft picks need to pan out. Until this process changes, this team will not and I do not care who the coach is...........[/quote]

yep

[quote name='Jeb' post='697733' date='Sep 7 2008, 07:56 PM']I still believe you have to give Marvin a chance. Its still early and this was only the first game. It was a gutsy move getting rid of our safety nets in our older vets. Maybe that's what this team needed.

As a Bengals fan, ...I gotta believe he has a vision for this team!

...and I agree with you. The young guys have to step it up because they are in key positions. We need them bad![/quote]

has little to do with marvin at this point.. no coaching staff is getting canned.. marvin puts people in place to have a successful team. he and mike make personnel choices, and the specialty coaches get the players to perform...

marvins job is essentially to maintain.. what else can marvin himself do?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='697754' date='Sep 7 2008, 07:06 PM']has little to do with marvin at this point.. no coaching staff is getting canned.. marvin puts people in place to have a successful team. he and mike make personnel choices, and the specialty coaches get the players to perform...

marvins job is essentially to maintain.. what else can marvin himself do?[/quote]

...bring in a veteran center? If the talent isn't here, ...isn't it his responsibility to change that? I don't know but I suspect he was comfortable gambling with Bluto. That may or may not work out for him but the jury is still out.

Archived