Marvin needs time so chill out.

Marvin blew up this team on purpose. We needed a new start with new people to get away from the old ways of this team and its locker room. They'll come around and jell as a unit but it will take time. So chill out and have faith!

[quote name='Jeb' post='697600' date='Sep 7 2008, 05:04 PM']Marvin blew up this team on purpose. We needed a new start with new people to get away from the old ways of this team and its locker room. They'll come around and jell as a unit but it will take time. So chill out and have faith![/quote]

WTF are you talking about......

IF they wanted to "blow up" this team, then why in the hell didn;t they trade Chad to Washington for a 1st rd pick?????

[quote name='Jeb' post='697600' date='Sep 7 2008, 05:04 PM']Marvin blew up this team on purpose. We needed a new start with new people to get away from the old ways of this team and its locker room. They'll come around and jell as a unit but it will take time. So chill out and have faith![/quote]
I agree he blew this team up. But NO STARTERS were released (supposedly).

How does that justify making ZERO adjustments throughout the game, running up the middle on 4th and 1, not taking advantage of a 2nd and 1 from the 15, not running any slants, 3 step drops, delays, draws, drag routes, and deep routes.

I know you're trying to get people to chill out a little, but its making you look dumb.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='697613' date='Sep 7 2008, 04:17 PM'].I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate my prediction that Marvin will quit at the end of this season.[/quote]

Mike Brown won't let him quit. He's not done building this team. Marvin has a vision for this team and Mike will let him see it through. Mike's stubborn that way.

Why would Marvin quit.....he won't make more money somewhere else. And, who would hire him?? Either he is not that great of a coach or he cannot pick out talent in the draft.

Anyone watching the Cowboys game?? Bill Parcells leaves almost every team he is involved with a lot of talent....and self motivated players.

[quote name='Jeb' post='697600' date='Sep 7 2008, 04:04 PM']Marvin blew up this team on purpose. We needed a new start with new people to get away from the old ways of this team and its locker room. They'll come around and jell as a unit but it will take time. So chill out and have faith![/quote]

The defense is young, the offense is in it's prime with key persons already in or hitting their 30's.

The offense struggled last year running the ball. This resulted in a one dimsional easy to defend offense. The reason they struggled was an inability to run block. They went out and got no help in this area. On offense they did nothing but flop Perry for Rudi/Watson and Utech for a host of 3 wide out want-to-be's. Therefore the run game did not improve and neither will this team. Carson is under pressure and will not step up. Some throws he simply missed as he is appears afraid to step up.

The defense was terrible against the run and they went and got no one to help. Just a few new lbers and no beef up front. This team may not win a game and why would anyone expect any different, tehy got no help.

[quote name='Jeb' post='697622' date='Sep 7 2008, 04:27 PM']Mike Brown won't let him quit. He's not done building this team. Marvin has a vision for this team and Mike will let him see it through. Mike's stubborn that way.[/quote]
Yes he will.
They never are.
No he doessn't and MB will just watch.
You last sentence is correct.

[quote name='TeeBengal' post='697606' date='Sep 7 2008, 04:12 PM']WTF are you talking about......

IF they wanted to "blow up" this team, then why in the hell didn;t they trade Chad to Washington for a 1st rd pick?????[/quote]

x10000000

[quote name='Jungle1' post='697625' date='Sep 7 2008, 04:31 PM']Why would Marvin quit.....he won't make more money somewhere else. And, who would hire him?? Either he is not that great of a coach or he cannot pick out talent in the draft.

Anyone watching the Cowboys game?? Bill Parcells leaves almost every team he is involved with a lot of talent....and self motivated players.[/quote]

I wouldn't go that far. Dennis Erickson has jacked up every program known to man. He still has a job. I bet he gets picked up faster than Rudi Johnson when he leaves Cinci

[quote name='bunglefanforever' post='697651' date='Sep 7 2008, 05:43 PM']You slay me. After the signing of Chris Henry, what in your right mind leads you to believe Marvin blew this team up? Marvin wants out> I would too. This is Mike Brown's team.[/quote]

Mike Brown didn't cut Ahmad Brooks. If Mike wanted Brooks gone then he would have accepted the draft pick from Singletary when it was offered. Instead we lost a draft pick for Ahmad Brooks when Marvin just cut him. I don't know why Marvin did it, ...but he did, ...and we lost a draft pick.

one of two things will happen, and it has little to do with marv or brat or zim or mike, etc..

either a:

The young guys mature and pruduce more each week..

b:

we are cashed in for the year, cut our losses for the average vets now.. so the cap hit is now.. and we can make bigger changes for next year...

its all but a rebuilding year from what i saw.

The cold hard reality is all of the 1st round defensive picks that didn't pan out are finally coming home to haunt us. We let Steinbach go and now Willie ( he looked done to me too) but the cold hard reality is we have pretty much taken our oline play for granted for a long time and now we have a marginal oline and what is in essense a green defensive team.

The big money we spent on defense did not pan out for one reason or another and it forced us to keep selecting defensive players first in the draft. At some point the offense will suffer. That point seems to be now.

I pray this was just a fluke. I pray that Baltimore has a top 5 defense when all is said and done and a little more time will fix this team but I am just getting tired of saying the same things year in and out.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='697710' date='Sep 7 2008, 06:42 PM']one of two things will happen, and it has little to do with marv or brat or zim or mike, etc..

either a:

The young guys mature and pruduce more each week..

b:

we are cashed in for the year, cut our losses for the average vets now.. so the cap hit is now.. and we can make bigger changes for next year...

its all but a rebuilding year from what i saw.[/quote]

I still believe you have to give Marvin a chance. Its still early and this was only the first game. It was a gutsy move getting rid of our safety nets in our older vets. Maybe that's what this team needed.

As a Bengals fan, ...I gotta believe he has a vision for this team!

...and I agree with you. The young guys have to step it up because they are in key positions. We need them bad!

Archived