Friday's musings

Guest Claptonrocks

Guest Claptonrocks
I saw this on another board and it was kind of interesting...Get to know more about your fellow Bengal fans and such..Here goes...

Today I have to get my taxes done.. I know procrastination!!! I cant believe Ive put it off till the last moment but I did.... My tax man screwed up last year and had to give me back my money...
Im losing one of my employees today.. Took another job.. Ill miss him.
I have to leave for Chicago tomorrow.. Ive got a gig there for one night in a blues club... Havent been there but here its rockin...
My girlfriend is pissed at me cuz Im gone so much anymore... I think she's thinking Im having an affair.. ( NO!) ...
My grandaughter is coming over tonite.. she's four and acts like she's a teen allready.. she loves her "Poppy" cuz I spoil her.. she had cancer at 3 and beat it.
It was the most trying time in my life... I prayed to the Old Man to give her more time here even though I knew he wanted her as his special angel.. He granted our wishes and Im very thankful...
I love Fridays.. Beginning of the weekend and all is well right now....

I had the week from fucking hell. First thing Monday morning, I got screwed at work for something that wasn't my fault. Honestly, it wasn't. And it set the tone for the whole week. I'm going to try to get out tonight if anyone wants to get drunk. I'm babysitting after work so the wife can go to happy hour, then I'm going to try to bust out. I'm thinking about going to the Beer Seller between 8 and 9 unless someone has a better idea. Just a thought.

it's Friday... I got 7 full days left at this job and then I'm done with it. Been here for 4 years.. . and I'm glad I'm leaving. Let me break it down for you...

i work in an office with about 1200 people. 90% are woman... 5% are gay men, and the other 5% are straight men like my self. This place is nothing but high school all over again. You have cliques, and people constantly talking behind your back... it's a sight to behold. Anyway, so i put my two weeks in end of last week, and I'm here until the 29th. but I'm using up all my vacation time in the process, so I'm off on 4-20 thru 4-22. then one more week of hell and I'm done. it's mind numbing desk work, data entry is what most call it. pays really good, and has great benefits, but I'd rather be happy and make less money...then be here. so I'm taking a 7 dollar an hour landscaping job. That's a HUGE pay cut... but i love the out doors, and i need a more physical job...

other then that nothing much going on... I got band practice Saturday and then Saturday night my girl and I are throwing a UFC party.

should be fun times

[quote name='The sYck deVelopment' date='Apr 15 2005, 08:32 PM']it's Friday...  I got 7 full days left at this job and then I'm done with it.  Been here for 4 years.. .  and I'm glad I'm leaving.  Let me break it down for you...

i work in an office with about 1200 people.  90% are woman...  5% are gay men, and the other 5% are straight men like my self.  This place is nothing but high school all over again.  You have cliques, and people constantly talking behind your back... it's a sight to behold.    Anyway, so i put my two weeks in end of last week, and I'm here until the 29th.  but I'm using up all my vacation time in the process, so I'm off on 4-20 thru 4-22.  then one more week of hell and I'm done.  it's mind numbing desk work, data entry is what most call it.  pays really good, and has great benefits, but I'd rather be happy and make less money...then be here.  so I'm taking a 7 dollar an hour landscaping job.  That's a HUGE pay cut... but i love the out doors, and i need a more physical job... 

[right][post="76339"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah I liked that movie when it was called Office Space [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

[img]http://dvdplaneet.nl/images/officespace.jpg[/img]

J/K good luck with the landscaping.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='The sYck deVelopment' date='Apr 15 2005, 08:25 PM']"PC load letter What the fuck does that mean"

truthfully..this place looks just like the movie... cube walls and everything.

and thanks.  i appreciate it.
[right][post="76360"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

I know the feeling, I'm living the nightmare right now. I thank God everyday that I'm alive that I didn't waste 4 years in college (college drop out) for this shit.

As soon as our house is finished and we close on it, I will be making a career change. I want to be a real estate appraiser, or maybe a real estate inspector. I haven't decided yet.

Guest BengalsOwn
And I can't fuckin find my pen, dropped it on the floor in my cube and who the hell knows where it went.

This happens every fucking night.

Guest BengalsOwn
and my radio has a constant buzz in the reception, not like it matters anyways because all I'm listening to is the Reds getting slaughtered. I hope to God the Bengals season goes better than the Reds season, or I might lose it.

Guest BengalsOwn

I spend about an hour each night looking at my printed copy of the 2005 season, analyzing it in my head. My job is lousy.

Found out yesterday that they got rid of even more managers as well. That makes 5 managers in the last year in my department.

And I get to wake up tomorrow after drinking until 6:30 in the morning (I don't get to start until 3:30 AM due to this lousy job of mine) and mow the grass.

It's really going to suck when I have 2 different properties that I will have to mow.

I got my taxes done, and when I went to turn in my local taxes and pay my $120 that I owed, they they told those of us waiting in line that we didn't have to wait as long as we turned them in by the 30th, so that was nice of them. I got $24 back from the federal government, and $9 back from the state government :rolleyes: I was hoping to get enough to put a nice down payment on a stainless steel side by side refrigerator that we have to buy for our new house.

$33 isn't gonna cut it.

My friday started with getting up at 5:20. :angry: Get cleaned up,stop at Buskin get coffee and head to the west side from my house. :angry2: get to work and have yahoo's waiting there already to wear you out about their car-truck and how
they don't like having to bring it in. Write anywhere from 10-20 cars up for the day,have to put up with techs that decide they don't want to work to hard since it is friday. This afternoon try and get all work and paperwork done,drive home in rush hour cursing the whole way. Get home,pound some brews,go pick up dinner
and here I am. See my thread about Chad which was the high light. Carl Powell
does come into our place so I see him sometimes. -_-

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Apr 15 2005, 10:04 PM']makes me want to throw my chair at the desk across from me.
[right][post="76376"][/post][/right][/quote]

sometimes to kill time, i roll across the office in my chair... like seriously roll around the whole office...

and what i hate is when you leave your pen at a co workers desk...and go back to get it, and it's not there... only to notice amonth later...that co worker is using a pen that looks very similar to that 9 dollar soft tip gel pen you purchased about a month ago... :angry2:

Woke up at 3:00AM, said fuck the shower and slept until 3:30AM, worked from 4:00AM until 9:00AM at my first job. Napped from 9:30AM until 1:00PM. Shit, shower, shave, and left for other job at 2:00. Today I'm training a guy that is approx. 36 years older than me.... After work going to gym, and sleeping for 12 hours tonight when I get home.

I had a good Friday....sealed a vinyl job I got from advertising
in my signature here at Go-Bengals...(THANKS SKITCH & GO-BENGALS!)
just got done taping it up...going to his office tomorrow morning
and applying his logo to their office door....SWEET...get to meet
another junkie...more like a lurker as he puts it...GAVE HIM THE
BENGALS SPECIAL...he's definately getting a deal! Thought about
that all day hoping to get out of my dead end, non paying art director's
position in a NAZI screen printing company....some of my favorite
customers came in and gave me shit today...that's always fun...
took a long lunch (of course spent it here!)....day dreamed about
working from home again and making good money doing what I
enjoy which is designing and vinyl....told my boss he was a jackass...
but I can get away with it cuz he likes me....don't know why...must
be my sparkling personality...haaaa ha haaa haaaaa....wished for
5 o'clock....got my check....busted out of that place like a gangsta
running from the law!

"Feels good to be a gangsta" Office Space.

Guest BengalBacker

Well, I gave my two weeks notice at my job today and I don't have another job lined up. They want me to reconsider over the weekend because they think I'm doing great. <_<

Stupid fucking job.... :angry2:

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Apr 16 2005, 03:33 AM']Well, I gave my two weeks notice at my job today and I don't have another job lined up. They want me to reconsider over the weekend because they think I'm doing great. <_<

Stupid fucking job.... :angry2:
[right][post="76525"][/post][/right][/quote]

I will drink to that!

seriously, i just took a swig.

Archived