Ward Signs With Bucs

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='752197' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:30 PM']im just going to assume since we're trying to bring Benson here for the starter roll,
we gotta be offering more money than the Texans are offering him since their trying
to get him to be a backup! if thats the case then what is the holdup ?[/quote]

likely, we want a longterm deal and he doesn't. He's still young. I'm sure he wants another short term deal to prove himself and then cash in big time.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='752204' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:35 PM']quite, thanks. (I'm sorry we can't all be like you and assume the worst in every situation because we have nothing better to do).[/quote]

lol whatever dude

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='752205' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:36 PM']lol whatever dude[/quote]

lol so tell me, at the end of the day, what will you complaining all night on the internet have accomplished? And what inside information are you exactly privy to that makes you think you know what's going, and not going, on behind the scenes?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='752207' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:39 PM']lol so tell me, at the end of the day, what will you complaining all night on the internet have accomplished? And what inside information are you exactly privy to that makes you think you know what's going, and not going, on behind the scenes?[/quote]

ah yes the what has the bitching ever accomplished sillyness. ^_^

Let me ask you, what has thinking that the things said about this team arent true done for you?

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='752178' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:04 PM']so we lost TJ, and lost on Ward! and im almost sure we aren't going to get Benson! wow <_<[/quote]

It was obvious we weren't signing Ward after we found out his price tag. Plus......Look at the list of free agent running backs. I'm sure we could pick another one of that list. Plus, think about the comp pick we could get for Benson. All cause we signed him Midseason. :) (We do get one for losing him, right?)

[quote name='Who Dey Time' post='752192' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:22 PM']Skyline fucking rocks............a 3-way and 2 cheese coneys would make any free agent want to sign here!!!!![/quote]

Been trying to talk my wife into a 3 way for years, still ain't happening. Oops....You are talking about chili....Carry on......

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='752184' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:15 PM']but according to everything we've been reading, he doesn't want to play here!
he's making it sound like he'd rather take the backup roll in Houston rather than
come here and be a starter!!! WTF are we doing wrong here ???

i wonder if Mike Brown is picking up these free agents at the airport himself in his
Chevy Lumina and taking them to Skyline for lunch! :mellow:[/quote]

where did you read something that said anything like he didnt want to be here?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='752211' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:45 PM']ah yes the what has the bitching ever accomplished sillyness. ^_^

Let me ask you, what has thinking that the things said about this team arent true done for you?[/quote]

nice avoidance of the question that you know you can't legitimately answer.

What makes you think I don't think they're not true? You seem to confuse a lack of whining for a lack of understanding.

The problems with the Bengals aren't any state secret. Spending your days on the internet whining about them isn't going to get yourself anywhere though and all you're doing is making yourself more frustrated and buying into crap that isn't even a reality.

Some of the stuff said today by you and others is downright hilarious. It's like a 5th grade mob mentality where one whiner will say something and everyone else will jump on board before even stopping to think and wonder if what was said was true or not. :lol:

[quote name='GoBengals' post='752214' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:51 PM']where did you read something that said anything like he didnt want to be here?[/quote]

he didnt come right out and say that, but the remarks werent flattering.

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=47287&view=findpost&p=751788"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=751788[/url]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='752216' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:54 PM']nice avoidance of the question that you know you can't legitimately answer.

What makes you think I don't think they're not true? You seem to confuse a lack of whining for a lack of understanding.

The problems with the Bengals aren't any state secret. Spending your days on the internet whining about them isn't going to get yourself anywhere though and all you're doing is making yourself more frustrated and buying into crap that isn't even a reality.

Some of the stuff said today by you and others is downright hilarious. It's like a 5th grade mob mentality where one whiner will say something and everyone else will jump on board before even stopping to think and wonder if what was said was true or not. :lol:[/quote]

Dude get off my jock, I will say whatever I damn well feel like.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='752221' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:59 PM']and again, good job at avoiding the conversation and regressing into self-denial. It's the first step of the healing process. ;)[/quote]

how about this, bitching about it gets my frustration out.

Thats all the reason i need so deal with it.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='752222' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:02 PM']how about this, bitching about it gets my frustration out.

Thats all the reason i need so deal with it.[/quote]

why are you so frustrated? Afterall, its just football right? And its not like we're on the team or that its our money, right?

Why do fans get so emotional over something they have no control over, and at the end of the day isn't (or at least shouldn't) be that big of a deal in the overall lives? :huh: Honest question.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='752224' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:04 PM']why are you so frustrated? Afterall, its just football right? And its not like we're on the team or that its our money, right?

Why do fans get so emotional over something they have no control over, and at the end of the day isn't (or at least shouldn't) be that big of a deal in the overall lives? :huh: Honest question.[/quote]

Oh give me a break.

The team isnt my life but as a fan we all get emotinal from time to time about the team. I remember the Reds winning the series and the jubulation that brought, its not diffrent from the frustrations with this team. Its part of what being a fan is about.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='752226' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:08 PM']Oh give me a break.

The team isnt my life but as a fan we all get emotinal from time to time about the team. I remember the Reds winning the series and the jubulation that brought, its not diffrent from the frustrations with this team. [b]Its part of what being a fan is about.[/b][/quote]

in the short-term yes, but really is your day tomorrow going to suck because TJ's gone? It's done, it's over. Right or wrong, move on (not you specifically, but you know)

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='752228' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:10 PM']in the short-term yes, but really is your day tomorrow going to suck because TJ's gone? It's done, it's over. Right or wrong, move on (not you specifically, but you know)[/quote]

no but i would like to see this team win a championship before i die and when you see them do things year after year that are disabling themselves its just frustrating and thats part of what posting on a message board is for, it allows you to express that frustration.

Hell there were a few of us that were on the flip side of that when it was 05 and those of us who suffered all those years with the bad finally saw the team make the playoffs, i remember folks patting each other on the back.

When its good we will be posting as such

but when its bad dont expect us to not say anything about how it is bad and why its been bad for so many years.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='752229' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:15 PM']no but i would like to see this team win a championship before i die and when you see them do things year after year that are disabling themselves its just frustrating and thats part of what posting on a message board is for, it allows you to express that frustration.

Hell there were a few of us that were on the flip side of that when it was 05 and those of us who suffered all those years with the bad finally saw the team make the playoffs, i remember folks patting each other on the back.

When its good we will be posting as such

[b]but when its bad dont expect us to not say anything about how it is bad and why its been bad for so many years.[/b][/quote]

saying something, or saying the same thing for 12 hours?

Again, I guess I just don't get why some get themselves so emotional about it all. :huh:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='752231' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:18 PM']saying something, or saying the same thing for 12 hours?

Again, I guess I just don't get why some get themselves so emotional about it all. :huh:[/quote]

You exaggerate.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='752235' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:24 PM']not sure how you can look at the board activity today and disagree with that.

And I could argue that they'res a lot of "exaggerating" going on by the "other side" as well.[/quote]

and the only result that matters is 4-11, we we going on too much about this stuff last year? (or the year before..or the year before that...)

People have the right to bitch just like you have the right to be a bit of a homer.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='752236' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:28 PM']and the only result that matters is 4-11, we we going on too much about this stuff last year? (or the year before..or the year before that...)

People have the right to bitch just like you have the right to be a bit of a homer.[/quote]

I'm only a bit of a homer? I guess I should take that as a complement and step up from being blindfolded. :lol: I guess if not jumping to conclusions I don't have the facts on makes me a homer, call me guilty as charged. :)

Thanks for the convo man. Hope the sun still rises for you tomorrow. ;)

[quote name='joshua' post='752240' date='Mar 3 2009, 12:43 AM']Benson's got us by the balls...if he goes anywhere else, it's Beanie at #6.[/quote]
I love Beanie but I'll beat my head against the wall if they pick him at six. They really need to bolster the OL before drafting a bellcow back. Beanie has too many injury concerns to go that high.Get one of the top OT's or a defensive stud if available but a quality back should be had later in round 3. At least I hope.

Archived