iPhone Apps?

mongo

I just grabbed an iPhone, and am switching over my iPod Touch apps. What apps would you suggest that someone with an iPod Touch might not have checked out before? (apps that maybe use the phone or camera aspects of the iPhone).

Y! fan - 3rd Party Yahoo Fantasy sports app
Pandora
Ocarina
One of Many Twitter Apps if you use Twitter

Jailbreak Apps
xGPS
SwirlyMMS - Not needed after June
Cycorder or Videorecorder3G (video cameras) - Must Have
SBSettings
Categories - to put all those apps in folders instead of having 8 pages to flip though

I'll probably think of more when I look at my phone.

i own a software company on the side me and a budy of mine. and we made an application for the jail broken iphones that allowes you to turn your regular camera into also a video camera then you can post the video on youtube. the program is called tube it. we haven't launched it yet, we've been working on this for 7 months, gettin ready to release this in a week to 2 weeks max. but if you wanna check it out here is the link. im not trying to sell you anything at all, just sharing with my fellow site members. [url="http://www.tube-it.tv"]www.tube-it.tv[/url] trying to make a dollar anyway i can baby :headbang:

The jailbrake apps definitely look cool, particularly those that allow you to do video. I'm just not quite ready to take that leap yet. Lucky for me, I think Garmin and TomTom are both putting out apps in the not too distant future. :)

Snaptell looks totally cool, as I always like to do a little price shopping.
Shazam looks good.
That yahoo fantasy app will be awesome come next football season!
I absolutely need Pandora. It didn't make much sense with the Touch because I needed the home wireless network to make it work, and then I just used my computer for Pandora instead. The cell network will be perfect for this now though.
Ocarina looks like a fun app. I don't play any instruments, but it's only four buttons, so maybe I can learn. :)

...I am officially old and out of touch. I know this because I am DVRing tonight's Fox19 news so they can show me everything I need to know about Twitter... I never thought I'd turn into one of those old douchebags who watch the news to learn about "the latest craze." Poop!!!!! :(

On a sidenote: Did you guys see that the Slingbox App has been submitted to the App Store? That will be way cool! I'll be able to catch the television broadcast of the Bengals games at the Bengals games. :D

[quote name='mongo' post='760244' date='Apr 1 2009, 09:03 AM']The jailbrake apps definitely look cool, particularly those that allow you to do video. I'm just not quite ready to take that leap yet. Lucky for me, I think Garmin and TomTom are both putting out apps in the not too distant future. :)

Snaptell looks totally cool, as I always like to do a little price shopping.
Shazam looks good.
That yahoo fantasy app will be awesome come next football season!
I absolutely need Pandora. It didn't make much sense with the Touch because I needed the home wireless network to make it work, and then I just used my computer for Pandora instead. The cell network will be perfect for this now though.
Ocarina looks like a fun app. I don't play any instruments, but it's only four buttons, so maybe I can learn. :)

...I am officially old and out of touch. I know this because I am DVRing tonight's Fox19 news so they can show me everything I need to know about Twitter... I never thought I'd turn into one of those old douchebags who watch the news to learn about "the latest craze." Poop!!!!! :(

On a sidenote: Did you guys see that the Slingbox App has been submitted to the App Store? That will be way cool! I'll be able to catch the television broadcast of the Bengals games at the Bengals games. :D[/quote]

dude i still don't know what twitter is. and the slingbox app sounds badass.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='760275' date='Apr 1 2009, 12:58 PM']dude i still don't know what twitter is. and the slingbox app sounds badass.[/quote]
Imagine millions of people who have the delusion that people actually give a shit about what they are doing of thinking every waking minute of every day. That's Twitter.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='760436' date='Apr 1 2009, 07:20 PM']Imagine millions of people who have the delusion that people actually give a shit about what they are doing of thinking every waking minute of every day. That's Twitter.[/quote]

So it's like a sports-related message board? :P

Archived