Lewis Chad Staying

[quote name='scharm' post='766387' date='Apr 22 2009, 10:25 PM']People always hit around these 2 central points, I don't disagree with them. I don't think it is that simple.

Are you just going to allow a top talent [b]get away for nothing because you don't want to execute a fundamental key of success in the NFL (managing egos and getting talent to perform)?[/b]

The betterment of the team is argueable. Is Chad the real reason why this team has faded from Division Championship to 4-11-1? Has his adverse attitude really caused the situation they are in? I'd say it's not even close to being a reason. I'd even go as far to say that given the direction of the team he's somewhat justified in trying to get traded.

I don't see how Chad is a wasted roster spot or even millions spent vs. other areas of the team. He is still a player that forces defenses to game plan around and makes other players better.

I think the reality is, getting rid of Chad removes a key component of change that could transform this team into contender in the course of 1 offseason. I don't see how betterment of the team is really a factor at all, because I don't see the sure fire improvement on paper. I think people are overvaluing the proposed impact the draft pick will have and understate the importance of a player like Chad.

Did Chad half ass it last year or was it Fitz and his skittish pocket presence that basically shit canned a key point of Chad's value?[/quote]

well chad more than half assed it.. he barely assed it at all..

but to the bolded point.

there is stroking egos of jackasses, and there is allowing players to walk all over you.... there is a reason TO is on his 4th team in 6.5 years. one of the best WR's in the entire nfl is just past being booted from his 3rd team...and he threw fits and/or off field mayem and nonsense in every single city...

chad is attempting the same antics.. he would be working his way out of whatever city he would have been in by now...

there is a huge difference.. MEGA DIFFERENCE in the situation you describe in bold, and the scenario that surrounds players like chad and TO.

a bigger stage off the field could slow some of the issues for a while, a NY, or philly, where he can be a local star for a while will ease his mind while getting a nice payday and extra off field endorsements..

he cannot allow himself to be productive here..

if he stays.. he will be a pain int he ass, if we start succeeding, he will shutup for a while... if we make the playoffs we will trade him in the offseason for mega value..

thats the best case in the worst case scenario...

i dont think any good can come of him being here...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='766388' date='Apr 22 2009, 11:34 PM']well chad more than half assed it.. he barely assed it at all..

but to the bolded point.

there is stroking egos of jackasses, and there is allowing players to walk all over you.... there is a reason TO is on his 4th team in 6.5 years. one of the best WR's in the entire nfl is just past being booted from his 3rd team...and he threw fits and/or off field mayem and nonsense in every single city...

chad is attempting the same antics.. he would be working his way out of whatever city he would have been in by now...

there is a huge difference.. MEGA DIFFERENCE in the situation you describe in bold, and the scenario that surrounds players like chad and TO.

a bigger stage off the field could slow some of the issues for a while, a NY, or philly, where he can be a local star for a while will ease his mind while getting a nice payday and extra off field endorsements..

he cannot allow himself to be productive here..

if he stays.. he will be a pain int he ass, if we start succeeding, he will shutup for a while... if we make the playoffs we will trade him in the offseason for mega value..

thats the best case in the worst case scenario...

i dont think any good can come of him being here...[/quote]

I think Chad produces with Carson as his QB. You don't think there is any chance of that happening? There no chance of Chad putting up decent numbers with Carson as his QB, assumed fixed O-line, while having Coles, Henry, Simpson, Caldwell and Utecht lining up around him?

I find that hard to believe. But say you are right he half asses or barely asses it at all. Take Chad out of the mix, that cast minus Chad can't produce?

That's probalbly the biggest reason to trade him because it looks like a surplus (unproven) but maybe a surplus. However, IMO, that's not a situation that you purge a possible talent just to get him out of your hair. Coach him, get him to play, it's not like they are asking him to perform an impossible feat with no talent around him. It's not like he's their only option of being able to throw the ball either so they can use leverage of benching, reduced role to minimize any pain in the ass scheme he may have planned.

His buddy is gone. His voice in the lockeroom probalbly isn't going to be heard or cared about if he's not even factoring in the game plan.

[quote]ESPN's Bob Holtzman reports that the Bengals are listening to offers for Chad Johnson, but remain unlikely to trade him.

Cincy might pull the trigger if someone offers a second-round pick, but to this point no teams are believed to have even put a third-rounder on the table.[/quote]

Regarding Kochman's post, I (as I assume most of you) just saw that the Falcons gave up a second rounder for Tony Gonzalez, who is older and plays a more high-impact position. So if the Bengals were to deal Chad, I don't think a second rounder is too high of a price. Regardless, I'll believe the Marv-speak until otherwise proven different.

Archived