Frazier....

claptonrocks

I dont throw alot of accolades at minor league players because of the competition and such but
the Reds have one of the purest hitters in their system in Todd Frazier...
His stroke is pure and simple....line drives to the gaps with an occasional dinger...

Remember when you played little league or american legion and their was allways that one kid on your
team that was just a natural at hitting??? that to me in Frazier...

Doesnt matter where he's played at he's hit and hit well...

Reds should bring him up to the bigs next season.. forget the AAA level and insert him in LF and bat him second where
he can move runners and get some ribbies to boot...

Id like to see a lineup in 2010 of....

CF Dickerson
LF Frazier
!B Votto
3B Rolen
RF Bruce
2B Phillips
SS "find one!"
C Hannigan

Yes they need to find a vet SS that can add some pop to the lineup ( Orlando Cabrera maybe? )

The Reds don't seem to want to promote players to the majors without going through AAA.
Hes a player the Reds should give a long look at in spring training.

Frazier in 2009:
.304 AVG in 404 at bats
123 Hits
37 Doubles
2 Triples
12 Homers
59 RBIs
37 BB
58 Ks

He also cut down on his strike outs compared to last season when he struck out 118 times in 478 at bats.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='08 August 2009 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1249768187' post='789251']
the reds are ran by fucking morons. they wont do anything smart until jocketty and castellini get the hell out.
[/quote]
I don't think Jocketty is a moron. He doesn't have the luxury of a large payroll and a winning tradition like he inherited in St Louis. I also believe that Castellini is a good owner. I think he certainly wants to win, and delegates to his employees that are baseball people in order to try to accomplish that goal. The owner of my company's father is best friends with Bob and I've met him a couple times and he's a true gentleman.

With only so much money to spend, we are whom we are. The pitching was supposed to keep us competitive this year. It did for a couple months, then the injury bug crept in, as well as a severe case of "inconsistent-itis" amongst our supposedly "good" pitchers. Couple that with our offense being completely horrid (which WAS a foreseeable issue, I'd put more blame on Dusty's dumb ass for not keeping players like Gomes, etc in the lineup and staying to long with guys like Rosales and Taveras...insert shades of Corey Patterson here) and we're where we are.

The biggest issue facing this team now is that we are stuck with untradeable, overpaid, mediocre pitchers like Arroyo and Harang. Their salaries are HUGE, and it will prevent us from being players in the market for a good vet SS, which we desperately need. The Reds also hung onto Encarnacion for too long.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='08 August 2009 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1249776381' post='789271']
I don't think Jocketty is a moron. He doesn't have the luxury of a large payroll and a winning tradition like he inherited in St Louis. I also believe that Castellini is a good owner. I think he certainly wants to win, and delegates to his employees that are baseball people in order to try to accomplish that goal. The owner of my company's father is best friends with Bob and I've met him a couple times and he's a true gentleman.

With only so much money to spend, we are whom we are. The pitching was supposed to keep us competitive this year. It did for a couple months, then the injury bug crept in, as well as a severe case of "inconsistent-itis" amongst our supposedly "good" pitchers. Couple that with our offense being completely horrid (which WAS a foreseeable issue, I'd put more blame on Dusty's dumb ass for not keeping players like Gomes, etc in the lineup and staying to long with guys like Rosales and Taveras...insert shades of Corey Patterson here) and we're where we are.

The biggest issue facing this team now is that we are stuck with untradeable, overpaid, mediocre pitchers like Arroyo and Harang. Their salaries are HUGE, and it will prevent us from being players in the market for a good vet SS, which we desperately need. The Reds also hung onto Encarnacion for too long.
[/quote]

good insight bung...completely agree with your analysis....

all the more reason to give players such like Frazier a shot at the bigs..

I dont think he will be overwhelmed in the least....
I think theyre wasting a year by making him prove he can hit AAA pitching when in fact he's ALLWAYS hit his WHOLE LIFE......
He just seems to be the perfect #2 hitter in the lineup and would give them another right handed bat to boot....

[quote name='Bunghole' date='08 August 2009 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1249776381' post='789271']

[/quote]

You are helping prove my point that Jocketty and Castellini are morons. Castellini was the main reason that Harang and Arroyo got the way more than they are valued at contracts. He was the one that pushed really hard to get Cordero no matter the price, a small market team should never be paying double digit money for a closer.

You are basically saying without a bigger payroll that Jocketty sucks and he does. He has never won by using small market strategies and never did the youth thing in STL and is seemingly trying to avoid it here and we cannot win without doing the youth movement.

Castellini wanting to win is a negative for this team. They are young and need to build with the youth. Instead the Reds will make more HORRID moves like the Rolen trade that give away young pitching, increase our team age and payroll and stop us from putting together a team that can win. In a small market you cannot rebuild AND compete. You have to do 1 or the other. So we need to trade ALL of our prospects if we want to win now and that is not the way to do it. The Rolen trade was the most counterproductive move I have seen in baseball in years. Trade a good young SP who was ranked # 1 pitcher in your organization and in AAA, plus a reliever who is highly touted and was currently pitching successful in the majors for a 34 year old 3B, with injury problems the past 3 years and is definitely on the downside of his career when your team is 2 years away.

The Reds did not hang onto EE too long. Hell he is not even in his prime yet and has a ton of potential. For a small market team to win they have to develop young players and we have the worst hitting, pitching and head coaches in baseball and have had the worst ones for years. We dont develop shit once they get in the major leagues. There are so many players on this team with mechanical issues in their swing or delivery and they have never been changed. You watch other teams and they talk about players who have improved because of the coaching. That doesnt happen here. This team is FAR worse ran than the Bengals ever were in the 90s. I have been a hardcore Reds fan since i shot out of the womb and spend a ton of money every year for games and memorabilia and i am very close to being done with the Reds for good and it is Castellinis fault for being terrible with his decision making. Krivsky was doing great with the youth movement and his career had been trained for small market in Minnesota where he was the assistant GM and damn successful so we can him for a guy with no experience in how we need to be ran and our teams future is dwindling. Great move Bob you fucking dumbshit.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='09 August 2009 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1249839717' post='789340']
You are helping prove my point that Jocketty and Castellini are morons. Castellini was the main reason that Harang and Arroyo got the way more than they are valued at contracts. He was the one that pushed really hard to get Cordero no matter the price, a small market team should never be paying double digit money for a closer.

You are basically saying without a bigger payroll that Jocketty sucks and he does. He has never won by using small market strategies and never did the youth thing in STL and is seemingly trying to avoid it here and we cannot win without doing the youth movement.

Castellini wanting to win is a negative for this team. They are young and need to build with the youth. Instead the Reds will make more HORRID moves like the Rolen trade that give away young pitching, increase our team age and payroll and stop us from putting together a team that can win. In a small market you cannot rebuild AND compete. You have to do 1 or the other. So we need to trade ALL of our prospects if we want to win now and that is not the way to do it. The Rolen trade was the most counterproductive move I have seen in baseball in years. Trade a good young SP who was ranked # 1 pitcher in your organization and in AAA, plus a reliever who is highly touted and was currently pitching successful in the majors for a 34 year old 3B, with injury problems the past 3 years and is definitely on the downside of his career when your team is 2 years away.

The Reds did not hang onto EE too long. Hell he is not even in his prime yet and has a ton of potential. For a small market team to win they have to develop young players and we have the worst hitting, pitching and head coaches in baseball and have had the worst ones for years. We dont develop shit once they get in the major leagues. There are so many players on this team with mechanical issues in their swing or delivery and they have never been changed. You watch other teams and they talk about players who have improved because of the coaching. That doesnt happen here. This team is FAR worse ran than the Bengals ever were in the 90s. I have been a hardcore Reds fan since i shot out of the womb and spend a ton of money every year for games and memorabilia and i am very close to being done with the Reds for good and it is Castellinis fault for being terrible with his decision making. Krivsky was doing great with the youth movement and his career had been trained for small market in Minnesota where he was the assistant GM and damn successful so we can him for a guy with no experience in how we need to be ran and our teams future is dwindling. Great move Bob you fucking dumbshit.
[/quote]
Dude, we've been rebuilding for 10 years! With a variety of players, owners, management and coaches! When do we win NOW?

[quote name='claptonrocks' date='08 August 2009 - 04:50 PM' timestamp='1249761049' post='789241']
I dont throw alot of accolades at minor league players because of the competition and such but
the Reds have one of the purest hitters in their system in Todd Frazier...
His stroke is pure and simple....line drives to the gaps with an occasional dinger...

Remember when you played little league or american legion and their was allways that one kid on your
team that was just a natural at hitting??? that to me in Frazier...

Doesnt matter where he's played at he's hit and hit well...

Reds should bring him up to the bigs next season.. forget the AAA level and insert him in LF and bat him second where
he can move runners and get some ribbies to boot...

Id like to see a lineup in 2010 of....

CF Dickerson
LF Frazier
!B Votto
3B Rolen
RF Bruce
2B Phillips
SS "find one!"
C Hannigan

Yes they need to find a vet SS that can add some pop to the lineup ( Orlando Cabrera maybe? )
[/quote]

Orrr go completely with the youth movement...

CF Stubbs
2B Frazier
1B Votto
3B Rolen
SS Phillips
RF Bruce
LF Heisey
C Hanigan

[quote name='Bunghole' date='09 August 2009 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1249867148' post='789388']
Dude, we've been rebuilding for 10 years! With a variety of players, owners, management and coaches! When do we win NOW?
[/quote]

when they ACTUALLY can. castellini is going to ruin this team the next 5-10 years and waste the great youth we have because he will try to win now when we arent ready.

• 3 months later...
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='12 August 2009 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1250051853' post='789901']
Orrr go completely with the youth movement...

CF Stubbs
2B Frazier
1B Votto
3B Rolen
SS Phillips
RF Bruce
LF Heisey
C Hanigan
[/quote]

I like your lineup better than the one I posted.....I see that Stubbs looks to be a bonafide player and Heisey has skills..
Maybe Dickerson if left instead of Heisey but the rest is AOK....

Archived