10/16: Friday notes - Leonard, Rucker doubtful for Sunday

[b]10/16: Friday notes[/b]
Posted by jreedy October 16th, 2009, 3:36 pm

Running back Brian Leonard (groin) and defensive tackle Frostee Rucker (ankle) missed a third straight day of practice and are listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game.

While Rucker has been active for only one game, Leonard has been an integral part of the offense, especially on third downs out of the backfield on screens. The third-year player will remain a gameday decision, but if he is unable to go it could mean that Dan Coats could see more time in the backfield while tight end Chase Coffman could be activated.

Defensive tackle Tank Johnson (foot), who also did not practice, is questionable along with safety Roy Williams (forearm). Safety Kyries Hebert (hip), linebacker Rashad Jeanty (finger), safety Chinedum Ndukwe (hamstring), quarterback Carson Palmer (thumb) and wide receiver Jerome Simpson (illness) are probable.

Not just on Sundays: Defensive tackle Pat Sims has started the last two games in place of Johnson and has done a solid job with seven tackles in the two games. Lewis though would like to see more consistency out of the second-year player.

“Pat, he does a good job playing on Sundays. Last week he played better than he did the week before,” Lewis said. “I spend all week climbing up his butt and on Sunday’s we reap the benefit of it. I think this week he’s had a better week of practice but I told him we have to have got to find a way of going about this. There are other players I would like to be critiquing more.”

Not having Brian Leonard scares the crap out of me...

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='16 October 2009 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1255737705' post='817152']
missing Leonard would suck, it may get Coffman on the field though.
[/quote]

And maybe get Scott some more touches. Obviously they aren't that comfortable with his blocking, but I'm sure it'll increase his touches. WOnder if he can catch the shovel pass?

Archived