Crash kills ex-Bengal Clem Turner

[url="http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091220/SPT02/312200005/1055/NEWS/Crash+kills+ex-Bengal+Clem+Turner"]Cinti Enquirer Article[/url]

Article Text:

[quote]Crash kills ex-Bengal Clem Turner

By Eric Bradley • ebradley@enquirer.com • December 20, 2009

WEST PRICE HILL - Clem Turner, a former University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati Bengal football player, died in an accident in West Price Hill Sunday.

Police said that the crash was a two-vehicle collision in the 4400 block of Guerley Road, near Dunham Way. Guerley was shut down for several hours after the collision around 12:45 p.m.

Investigators said Turner, 64, of Green Township, was driving a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt east on Guerley Road when the vehicle went left of the center line, hitting head-on a 2001 Ford Windstar driven by Glen Wilhoit, 28, of West Price Hill.

Wilhoit and his passengers, West Price Hill residents Devone Shinkle, 25 and Alexandria Wilhoit, 3, were taken to University Hospital for minor injuries, according to the traffic crash report. They were treated and released. All were using proper safety restraints at the time of the accident.

Turner was not wearing a seat belt, police said. He died at the scene.

Police are not sure what caused Turner to cross the center of the road.

The police investigation of the accident could take 30-60 days, police said. Witnesses are asked to call the Traffic Unit at 513-352-2514.

Turner, a running back, went to Woodward High School. According to the Bengals' Web site, he was the first Cincinnati prep player taken by the team -- a fourth-round choice in 1969. He played for Denver from 1970-1972.

UC's official Web site said Turner had the third best rushing performance in school history – 267 yards vs Kansas State in 1966

According to the National Football League, Turner played for the Bengals for one season in 1969, appearing in 14 games and rushing for 105 yards in 22 attempts, a 4.6-yard average.

According to the databaseFootball.com site, Turner's total career included 51 rushing attempts for 165 yards and two touchdowns over four seasons.. He also returned kickoffs and caught 21 passes and scored one touchdown over his four-season career.
[/quote]

[quote name='Missya15' date='21 December 2009 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1261374308' post='846133']
Dammm R,I.P Price hill isnt too far away from where i live
[/quote]
Yeah, that intersection is only a mile or two from where I grew up...Mully too if memory serves me correctly. Spent a lot of time down there at Rapid Run Park and the Dunham sports complex (golf/softball/etc) that opened later.

I was gonna say something about this being the final in the "bad shit happens in sets of 3", but this is now #4, i.e. Vikki, Go's Mom, Slim, Clem.

Archived