computer keeps stopping downloads....

the disk utility showed some errors on the hard drive.. i need to pickup a snowleopard install disc and run the repair (all the dudes i worked with in ohio split a family pack disc when it released and i dont have disc anymore)...

dunno if thatl help anything... *sigh*

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='17 May 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1274158491' post='888905']
Weird, I've never had this problem on XP, Vista or 7 :rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:
[/quote]

cool, my OS doesnt use 30% of my system resources while idle. and 99.9999% of hackers and spammers arent targeting my computer...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='17 May 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1274157688' post='888904']
the disk utility showed some errors on the hard drive.. i need to pickup a snowleopard install disc and run the repair (all the dudes i worked with in ohio split a family pack disc when it released and i dont have disc anymore)...

dunno if thatl help anything... *sigh*
[/quote]

On the bright side, that's only $29, or 100% less than 7 Ultimate...

[quote name='Elflocko' date='17 May 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1274159030' post='888907']
On the bright side, that's only $29, or 100% less than 7 Ultimate...
[/quote]

yea, thank god.

sadly i have to paint the coffered ceiling in the master bedroom today, hang some ceiling fans, finish edging in the kitchen and dining room, and hopefully hit the apple store before they close...

*sighhhhhh*

[quote name='Elflocko' date='18 May 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1274237493' post='889115']
I think a visit to the Genius Bar might be in order... :mellow:
[/quote]

ill be honest... thats unlikely to happen...lol

id probably just start a new account with admin rights and delete my old one before i made an appointment and hailed myself into the apple store...

is there a way to copy some features of one account to another? like email settings, programs on the bottom menu bar, etc?

[quote name='GoBengals' date='18 May 2010 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1274238126' post='889118']
ill be honest... thats unlikely to happen...lol

id probably just start a new account with admin rights and delete my old one before i made an appointment and hailed myself into the apple store...

is there a way to copy some features of one account to another? like email settings, programs on the bottom menu bar, etc?
[/quote]

Yeah, but you have to do it via CLI.

Let me know if you're comfortable doing that and I'll give you the commands...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='19 May 2010 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1274294320' post='889304']
some dude on apple mentioned killing the plist files for my network settings? or trashing my network settings all together?

is this simple?
[/quote]

Very simple.

Just go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ for that account and delete:

com.apple.network.identification.plist

NetworkInterfaces.plist

and\or

preferences.plist

Those are the settings I was trying to remember the other day FWIW...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='19 May 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1274295627' post='889312']
i googled, found those, and deleted all 3... restarted.. and still didnt fly...
[/quote]

Ugh.

That account is royally cheesed...

Archived